“Great Place”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bayview Dr
Description: Experience the tradition of Argentina at our new Fort Lauderdale restaurant, BA Argentinean Bistro. In a charming setting, we offer something to please every palate. Here you will find empanadas stuffed with savory fillings such as beef, chicken or spinach. Grilled skirt steaks and short ribs, milanesa, homemade pastas, fresh fish and salads bring the taste of Argentina to your plate. A wide variety of fine wines are available.
Tustin, California
“Great Place”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I went here for dinner last night. The food was great, the people friendly, and the service was outstanding.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Brad G

Fort Lau
“Excellent service, delicious food, great wine list”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We followed the recommendations of our server, Sylvia, and her choices were excellent! Empanadas (both spinach and chicken) served with Argentinian Malbec and a delicious Argentinian white wine. My wife had the grilled short ribs and I had the grilled chicken with spinach pudding. The desserts are just phenomenal! I had the panqueqa (apples in a crepe0 and my wife had the almond ice cream. We had Tardi, a sweet dessert wine. Sylvia's choices were perfect and her attentive service made this one of our new favorite restaurants.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank John M
Boca Raton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Food & Atmosphere!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were looking for an Argentinean style restaurant in the Ft. Lauderdale area and came across BA Bistro. As soon as we walked in, one of the waiters greeted us very politely and showed us to the table. The mollejas and short ribs were just perfect and delicious. We had panqueques de dulce de leche for dessert; they were the best of the best!! We had a great server who was very attentive. The restaurant is nicely decorated, which gives it an atmosphere of fine dining at affordable prices. It was like eating in the city of Buenos Aires!! Definitely a place we'll come back to.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Brianame
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice find near the beach in Ft Lauderdale”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We went to the restaurant at the recommendation of a friend who lives locally. There were four of us in the party and everyone commented about the quality of the food and the generous portion sizes. They all had steaks and I had salmon; the food arrived in a very reasonable amount of time. Everything was fresh and well seasoned.

Our waiter, Julio, was very attentive without being intrusive. He anticipated drink refills and made great suggestions regarding the menu (I have some food issues and he was very knowledgeable).

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bob J
Cooper City
“Joya”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I visited this tiny bistro nestled in a nondescript strip mall on Commercial Blvd. on 10/19/2013.. This place is truly tiny/cozy.......seating is optimistically 35 + or - patrons. We were greeted by our server Silvia and promptly seated at our table... The tables are appropriately tiny/cozy as well. ( There ain't a whole lotta room in this place folks.....but) ... MAN ! The food..We ordered the gnocchi in a Bolognese sauce <ÑOQUIS CASEROS > as an appetizer ((it's actually on the menu as an entree,,,, but.. What the hell, go for it). Absolutely brought back memories of my mother's gnocchi...............light in weight.........sauce with a smooth flavor.....aaaahh.....this old Italian boy had a tear in his eye savoring this first dish of the evening. As entrees, my wife ordered <ENTRAÑA A LA PARRILLA> grilled skirt steak.... I ordered <LOMO > filet mignon with a Malbec sauce on the side. and with a glass of a modest Merlot, we began : The adjectives for both steaks are: tender, properly prepared, outstanding in flavor........We are both really enjoying this meal.............The owner, Tomas passes by to ask about our meal......a brief chit chat occurs a few times during the course of the evening between Tomas and us......Both he and Silvia are most gracious and personable. I am starting to become full.....(forgot to mention we had 2 cocktails that were robust in size and potency)..Here we go ! How about dessert ? Silvia proffered <panqueue de manzana> apple crepe........Again.......outstanding.......caramelized crepe with a subtle apple flavor.....YEAH, BABY. What the hell, how about an espresso? AAAAH , feeling really content right about now....BUT WAIT !.......Silvia places 2 glasses of an after dinner wine on the table, (Tardio), compliments of the house. This stuff is magic ! I Really like tardio....It has a splash of sweetness....light flavor......quite good. As any reader of this review can tell, we had a fantastic meal, prepared by knowledgeable chefs, served by accommodating and attentive servers.......and ultimately, managed/owned by an individual who cares about his staff and his customers. Volveremos PS. joya is jewel in Spanish......and this place is a little gem.

• Visited October 2013