“One of my new favorites!”
Review of Hot & Soul

Hot & Soul
Ranked #160 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: International Food With Soul - specializing in cajun/creole, spanish, filipino, and other ethnic cuisines. We serve craft beer and small batch wines as well. We have the bar area for a more casual experience, and we have the dining area with small tables or the communal table.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“One of my new favorites!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I read some reviews on this place and we went with a party of 10 to try it out. Wow!! I had the most tender, tasty, curried goat (a special that night). I mean how many places can you order that? They have a great beer selection and a wonderful, unique menu. A definite 10 in my book!

• Visited April 2014

Boca Raton, Florida
“Got it all”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

With all due respect to Huey Lewis, this restaurant did it for our party of six. The apps rocked with the NOLA BBQ Shrimp and Mushroom Crostini worth every forkfull and then demanding sopping bread for the sauce. Gumbo, oxtails, gnocchi, and other entrees went over among my companions and the caramel dessert thankfully did not go back as our buyers remorse kicked in with orders of chocolate and bread budding. Oh, fine Malbec and 9% ABV New Beer smoothed lubricated the conversation.
Server remained outstanding and knowledgeable on the dishes, wines, and beers. We will be back for the Squid stuffed with Chorizo and some Cava.

• Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing, eclectic,fun food!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Went to eat at Hot and soul upon a friends recommendation this weekend. What a great way to start a Father's Day weekend! Excellent gumbo with a wonderful stout beer, great ambience, and just an overall excellent experience! Service was awesome as well. The waitstaff did not push anything. If you like eclectic fun and a different kind of environment, this is the place to be!

Guelph, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So delicious!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Everything was amazing. Great service by knowledgeable staff and outstanding food. We had the cheesy nutball, mushroom manchego toast, curried chickpeas, and the vegan yum bowl. Everything was simply mouthwatering. For desert we had the dulce de leche custard, which was probably one of the best deserts we've ever had. There's also a great selection of beer and wine. Cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. And so reasonably priced!!

• Visited May 2014
Brooklyn, New York
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

What an unexpected jewel. This place "gets it". Cool vibe and amazing flavor profiles on creative dishes. Had the beet salad, pate , curried chick peas and the chocolate with pistachio and olive il. All fantastic. Amazing selection of beer and the staff is very passionate and knowledgeable. . The atmosphere is chill and unpretentious. I flew solo as I was on a business trip but this would be a great "date" spot or casual gathering of friends. I wish I had a spot like this to go to in Brooklyn. Hope they do well.

• Visited May 2014