“AWESOMENESS”

S3 Sun Surf Sand Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
S3 Sun Surf Sand Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,429 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: A1A and Viramar St.
Description: S3, where sun, surf and sand uniquely fuse with steak, seafood and sushi for a perfect combination of island atmosphere and globally-influenced, sea-inspired fare. A wood burning grill lights up the place and sets fire to the menu offering Grilled Octopus, Skirt Steak, Jerk Chicken Skewers, Shrimp Toast and more. Let your eyes do the ordering, via an expansive raw bar featuring fresh-caught delights like Tiradito Wahoo and Yellowtail, Snapper or snack plates like a Trio of Dips (whipped feta, chickpea, and roasted eggplants) or Goat Cheese Cakes. A moderately priced menu serves up a variety of small plates. DJ - 8pm-12am Friday and Saturday Acoustic Duo Sunday 3pm-6pm
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stopped in for a lunch after a great day at the beach. Our waiter Chris was polite and very knowledgeable about the fare. We had 2 over the top sushi rolls. We came back for a dinner. I got the large grouper plate special, stuffed dates (yum), and a couple other shareable's with the spouse. We sat inside at the bar to view the chef's. Very fun place and well decorated.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Stopped by a couple of nights at the bar for cocktails and appetizers. Really impressed by the attentive fast service on a very busy night. Charming bar staff and prices comparable with anywhere else. Nice buzz in this cool restaurant, packed on a Friday and Saturday night but still had great service. Will be back for dinner!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We ate here a couple of times as we thought it was part of the Hilton hotel where we were staying and due to the storms we decided not to go out, however it is independent of the hotel but does offer valet parking in the hotel car park at a reduced cost which must be a huge asset. The sushi was superb an both occasions our servers, Mat and Deidre took time to explain the concept of the menus, with tapas style sharing dishes coming out as soon as prepared and in no particular order. The such was superb and we enjoyed the other plates we tried, there was a nice atmosphere to the restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed the food and the experience.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

hard to get a table with a view - nice wait staff and the fun was innovative and tasty. I wouldn't rush back but we were happy with our experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

A week ago I contacted S3 to speak to a manager to have them accommodate a very important lunch where I would be meeting several in laws for the first time. Nicole was the manager who I spoke with that night and she was absolutely amazing! Probably one of the most genuinely nice people I've encountered in the restaurant business. My wife and I are both in the restaurant business so we know outstanding service when we see it. I asked for a special table out by the ocean with a few extra touches to be added and she was nothing but helpful. I asked if she would be there the day of my reservation and she said she would. When we arrived she was there at the host stand and could almost tell just by looking at me that I was who she had spoken with. So friendly and such a warm personality! When I went to inspect the table I was literally BLOWN AWAY! She had gone above and beyond my requests and I couldn't have been more impressed. The whole family loved it!! The dining experience itself was also amazing. The food was excellent and delivered in a timely fashion with a wonderful presentation. Everything went more than perfect with our experience. This will go down as an important memory for me, my wife and our family. My only regret is that I can't remember our servers name that day. He was awesome! So friendly, so on point, and just all around hospitable. Hopefully Nicole reads this review and can remember my server and give him a shout out bc he really was amazing and he helped make the experience so special also. Thanks again S3! We will be back!!!

1  Thank DanSlack88