“Rude manager and filthy restroom”
Review of Beach Cafe

Beach Cafe
Ranked #254 of 1,329 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Rude manager and filthy restroom”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

While drinking and dining there, my girlfriend and I met a couple next to us at the bar. While talking our conversation became colorful with some adult language, the manager came over and said to either change our language or leave...while this happen my girlfriend went to the restroom and came back disgusted, she killed a cockroach while in there and said that after you wipe yourself you are to throw the soiled toilet paper into a waste receptacle that is open and not covered. That is disgusting and very unsanitary...how third world is that???

• Visited May 2014

South Carolina
“Great Food, Horrible Service”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Without a doubt, the worst service I have ever had. To add insult to injury, they added an 18% gratuity without even telling me about it (for a party of three). Waitress was rude, bossy, stressed out, didn't tell us that there were out of sweet potato fries (which cost extra) and just substituted regular fries hoping we wouldn't notice. It took half an hour to get her back to address it and THEN she said they were out so we had to eat cold fries.

The food was very fresh, cooked well, and healthy.

The owner did know of our concerns, but instead of making it better, I think that's why that added the tip.

I would not go back. I don't trust them.

• Visited February 2014