“Amazing food the WORST service EVER!”

Gran Forno Las Olas
Ranked #3 of 32 Bakeries in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Boston
“Amazing food the WORST service EVER!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I live close by and love the breads, the ham and cheese croissants are amazing and the pastries are outrageously good. I will let you know these CASHIERS are the absolutely worst I have EVER dealt with they are so RUDE and I will never go back there again. I am so disappointed because its close to my home, I entertain often and my guest always love the food, but I will not deal with this type of service ever again especially from these two women today. The women that were in line also complained and said they would never go back as they were both first and last time customers. I hope the owner realizes this and makes some changes.

• Visited April 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Great Lunch Spot, fresh bread”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This is a bakery/lunch restaurant. We sat outside at a table. Our waitress was so friendly and was very good at checking to make sure we were ok and kept our drinks refilled. We Ordered the Chicken Pesto Paninni. It comes on light fresh made bread. It was so good. What a great little restaurant. We will definitely eat here again when back in Fort Lauderdale.

• Visited March 2014
Aspen, Colorado
“Real Italian espresso, fabulous bread and pastries, and delicious sandwiches”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stopped here for breakfast, that being espresso drinks, whole wheat ciabatta rolls and finally an irresistible shared almond croissant. The macchiato (espresso drink) was truly Italian style: very short but strong shots just "marked" by some foam. The Illy coffee had not a trace of bitterness or burnt flavor (Starbucks, are you listening?)
The sandwich selection includes about 6 options, one being roasted veggies for those who don't want any meat or cheese.
I wanted to try every variety of bread and pastry but alas, we're only here a couple of days. The rolls were so good that with a little jam, agave syrup or honey they would be a great dessert by my bread-loving standards.
I heard a lot of Italian on both sides of the counter---always a good sign.

• Visited March 2014
“A work of art...a little bit”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

A good bakery is so dare these days because in the past few years everyone seems to think they've "got this". We all know that is just not the case but Gran Forno does. It can be crazy and the staff a lil difficult but they truly do a beautiful job with breads, pastries, sandwiches and coffee (illy). You can view the back area through glad and watch them bake away. What is fresh and just finished comes out to be placed beautifully on a stand at multiple levels or slotted in the next empty spot. They know what they are doing...just be prepared to wait and have a backup in mind if you have a fav because they might just be out by the time you get to order. I must say...they dont really have the patience to wait on you to figure it out. So be ready then enjoy. Go early during the week if you can. You will stand a better chance for an all around good experience.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Cafe and Great Servers with adjacent Dog Park”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Nice coffee bar and affiliated with a bakery of the same name so bread and pastries are delicious . Also tasty sandwiches and pizza any time of day. Comfortable outdoor seating

Visited February 2014