“Traditional Italian Bakery in Lauderdale”

Gran Forno Las Olas
Ranked #5 of 30 Bakeries in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Like the corner bakery in any European city, Gran Forno has fresh breads, pastries, and cakes.

A wonderful place for sandwiches, too.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I don't know about their baked things because I don't eat them, but I ordered salads, and items listed on a menu were not present in a salad. Mostly it was greens from prepackaged bags that you find in BJs.
When I wanted to order wine from the list, our waitress told us that there is 2 for 1 special. Assuming that house wine, as she said would be no more than 8$ per glass, I said, ok, let's do the special. The special afterwards became 12$ per glass with tip and tax added to original amount, which came to 17$ for 2 glasses of wine. Then the waitress was trying to find her way out saying that she told me it was 2 for 12$. When everyone at the table said that they didn't her saying that, she was just standing there saying nothing.
Overall: overpriced, salads are bad, tip included, service worse than anywhere on Las Olas. Management is scamming their customers.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I live close by and love the breads, the ham and cheese croissants are amazing and the pastries are outrageously good. I will let you know these CASHIERS are the absolutely worst I have EVER dealt with they are so RUDE and I will never go back there again. I am so disappointed because its close to my home, I entertain often and my guest always love the food, but I will not deal with this type of service ever again especially from these two women today. The women that were in line also complained and said they would never go back as they were both first and last time customers. I hope the owner realizes this and makes some changes.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This is a bakery/lunch restaurant. We sat outside at a table. Our waitress was so friendly and was very good at checking to make sure we were ok and kept our drinks refilled. We Ordered the Chicken Pesto Paninni. It comes on light fresh made bread. It was so good. What a great little restaurant. We will definitely eat here again when back in Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stopped here for breakfast, that being espresso drinks, whole wheat ciabatta rolls and finally an irresistible shared almond croissant. The macchiato (espresso drink) was truly Italian style: very short but strong shots just "marked" by some foam. The Illy coffee had not a trace of bitterness or burnt flavor (Starbucks, are you listening?)
The sandwich selection includes about 6 options, one being roasted veggies for those who don't want any meat or cheese.
I wanted to try every variety of bread and pastry but alas, we're only here a couple of days. The rolls were so good that with a little jam, agave syrup or honey they would be a great dessert by my bread-loving standards.
I heard a lot of Italian on both sides of the counter---always a good sign.