“Surpringly Good, But Where Are All The Other Customers”
Review of Mancini's - CLOSED

Mancini's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had a 7pm reservation on a Wednesday evening. We were literally the only ones in the restaurant other than the staff. The restaurant is fairly new and is well appointed. The wait staff was friendly and attentive and the chef also came out of the open kitchen to meet and greet.

We shared a mushroom pizza to start. It was delicious. The crust was thin and crispy and the cheese was fresh mozzeralla. The mushrooms were an assortment and were nicely sauteed so they wouldn't add much moisture to the crispy crust. I had the osso buco which came with risotto but they happy swapped out the risotto for broccoli rabe and spinach. The dish was great. The marrow in the bone was excellent. My wife had the pappardelle with rabbit which I tasted and also enjoyed. The other had the scallops and the garganetti which they totally enjoyed.

Not everything was perfect. The wine we ordered, Pio Cesare Dolcetta, was served at cellat temperature which is about 10 degrees too cold. Also, after we finished, the staff was content to let us sit for a long while before giving us our check. This is not a negative to some but I thought they wanted us to stay longer so they restaurant wouldn't be completely empty.

All in all I would definitely go back and try some other dishes as my experience was very positive.

1  Thank strassbeee

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Mancini's lost a customer because they wouldn't substitute a different pasta. I work very close to Mancini's and would hope that they could be more flexible.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Went to have dinner with a few friends at Mancini's and came out a happy girl!!! The food was unbelievable! We ordered several different appetizers (Octopus, Beet Salad, Roasted Eggplant, Fresh Mozzarella) all of which were absolutely delicious. My favorite happened to be the roasted eggplant. it was cheesy and yummy! Then came our main course dishes - The Lamb was cooked to perfection! Then dessert. we ordered the Tiramisu, Panacotta, and Gnache. the Gnache was so yummy! I am a chocolate fan, so of course this was my favorite!The server was great and Jack, the owner, even came by several times to chat with the table. Its so good to see owners who take pride in their establishments.The service we received was great. the food was great. all in all it was GREAT! I highly recommend it if you are in the area. You wont be disappointed.

PS - if you are on a gluten free, grain free, paleo, or even low carb type of diet there are plenty of options for you! So, dont be afraid when you see that it is an italian restaurant. Everything wasnt pasta pasta pasta :-)

Www.BlondiBeachCitySpot.com

1  Thank tracetrace1
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I eat out often and have experiences many different restaurants on Las Olas but this charming yet modern Italian delight is a place I would come to often. I had dinner there tonight with my Mom and we enjoyed so many delicious dishes. We started with the Tuna Crudo served with Fennel, frisée, capers, chives, lemon ginger vinaigrette and a Beef Carpaccio. Personally my very favorite beef from any restaurant I've had. Served over a mustard sauce, it was amazing. For dinner my Mom had the Tagliatelle all Bolognese. The sauce was so cheesy and tasty, beef veal and pork, red wine reduction, grated Parmesan Reginald.. Is there anything better than that? I ordered the
Ossobuco served over risotto Milanese, with a saffron garnish and roasted in Au jus. The meat was tender and melted in my mouth. Typically this dish can be to salty or to strong but at Mancini, it was full of flavor yet incredibly balanced. For Dessert we took the owners recommendation,
Chocolate Ganache: semi-sweet chocolate, graham cracker crust with dates and walnuts, garnished with black lava salt... At first I didn't think I would love the salt but you have to try this. I couldn't put it down. The staff was friendly and helpful and the owners, Jack Mancini warm and friendly. I would come back ogpften, in fact I planned a girl night party there for the weekend. Can't wait. I'll post the night on my blog if you want to check it out. Www.BlondiBeachCitySpot.com

3  Thank BlondiBeach
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Thanks to a Living Social discount, my wife and I visited Mancini Modern Italian. To be candid, had it not been for the deal website, we probably never would have known about this beautiful restaurant. The location is on a side street just off Las Olas Boulevard (we actually had to call for directions as we approached, since it somewhat hidden away). Thankfully we found the place, since it was a great meal and a wonderful experience.

I was initially discouraged by the other reviews on Trip Advisor, and I can't imagine how their experiences weren't as nice as the evening that my wife and I enjoyed. We were quickly welcomed by both our waiter and (who I believe to be) the owner on a Saturday night...Nice touch. The waiter recommended a high quality eggplant appetizer and a few entrees (Osso Buco and Lobster Ravioli) which we enjoyed. Dessert (Chocolate cake with hazelnut gelato) was delicious and well portioned as well. Overall, it was a pleasurable date night.