“BEST GREEK FOOD!”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 June 2014

For an awesome evening of fantastic food, great service and a comfortable atmosphere .... This is the place!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The best Greek food in Fort Lauderdale. George, Sam have welcomed their guests for about 15 years. Their delightful staff like Johnny and bartender have been with them for years. It's a great all around experience.

2  Thank SalesKing
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We recommend the Greek Islands to all our friends. The food is always good, the service friendly & fast.
Parking can be a problem. There is a choice of outside or inside dining.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I come here for the grilled lamp chops and all of the delicious oil and spices in which they bathe. Yum! Always a winner, but tough to decided between that and the grilled shrimp. Friendly, attentive service, if a bit rushed, even though the room was empty. My glass of red wine was nice, but served room temp, and in FL that's too warm for me. My greatest hope is for the restaurant to improve is vegetable side. One of my favorite things about visiting Greece is the amazing things they can do with vegetables. This restaurant instead offers soggy green beans and overcooked peas. If that were fixed, and the red wine were slightly chilled, I would visit more than my regular twice a year visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Going to Greek Islands in season is impossible unless you want to eat dinner at 5:pm. And please note, the restaurant is in Oakland Park, just north of A1A and Oakland Park Blvd. The food has always been wonderful, with the occasional mix up which is normal for a restaurant.

On our last visit on a Friday evening, June 6, 2014, the restaurant was already getting crowded at 6:15 pm. We were seated promptly without waiting in the main dining room. The ambiance was loud and the tables are very close to one another, so no matter how much you pretend you can't hear the other diners next to you, you will. Which, with the right mix of people can be fun. With the wrong mix, it can be horrifying, table changing experience.

Our waiter came to take our order but we do not drink alcohol, a fact which was an obvious disappointment to him. He took our order and the helper staff brought bread and a wonderful spread. Beware, it iso easy to fill up on the warm soft bread!

I ordered a small Greek salad which was in a 10 inch bowl (small?) and the Greek Ribs marinated in olive oil, lemon and oregano. They come precut on the platter and are extra crispy. But these are Danish style thin ribs, so just expect a lot of flavor and crust, but only a little meat on each one---still worth it. My partner ordered the lamb chops, which were also crispy outside and pink inside, the way he likes them. Both main courses were served with a small side dish of oven baked potatoes, and green beans with tomato sauce. These are obviously prepared ahead of time, so they were a bit soggy, but still with a good taste.

We had to ask several times to have the water glasses refilled, which was done only once (Strike One). Our waiter acted annoyed in having to do this. While my partner had finished eating before me, I was still finishing up, when the waiter came up and removed my side dish, with food still on it. I guess we were finished with dinner! (Strike Two) I was right, as the check was brought to the table immediately. I went to the washroom to clean up and paper towels were everywhere but in the wastebasket. By time I came back, it turns out the waiter and two assistant hostesses had all asked for the check---and I hadn't put in my money yet. (Strike Three.) The waiter's tip went down with each strike. (By the way, even though we do not drink, we always leave at least 20% for a tip for good service.)

So in summary, the food is still very good, but the service has gone downhill, at least with our disinterested and bored, cold waiter. Pay attention management! You're ruining your previously outstanding reputation.

3  Thank William B