“Meh”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Honestly in south Florida you really have to look for good authentic Mexican food that hasn't been tainted by other Latin flavors, as it's such a melting pot down here. it's pure. If you can't find one of those holes in the wall the machaca burrito here is pretty darn good.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The service was great and the food was prepared quickly. My wife tried the guacamole and it looked like a very fine paste. She made the comment that it looked and tasted store bought vs. freshly made. The traditional burrito and gringo-style soft taco were good. They were both made with the charbroiled chicken and the taste of the charbroiled chicken was my favorite part of the meal. Also, I'm picky when it comes to salsa and I thought their salsa was very good. The chips were hit or miss. Some were fresh and some tasted a little stale. I would go back but would probably try something different.

1  Thank Cbert1980
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This place is sort of like Chipotle only with fresher ingredients and a nice salsa bar. We'll definitely stop back in next time were in town.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

A locally owned chain of Mexican Style places. Truly the freshest you will find anywhere except the farm. Motivated people with a smile and an appreciation for their customers. They have a lifetime Zona Fresca Enthusiast

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We wanted to grab a quick lunch and stopped by Zona Fresca for a quick bite of Mexican. This is one of those great travel surprises that "wows" and impresses you.
The place looks like any average fast food joint. Typical parking lot, counter, large menu over the registers. I was expecting good food, but certainly not great food.
We ordered and in no time our food was ready. I had a chile rellano and shrimp ceviche, my husband had fish tacos.
The food was fantastic. My husband's comment was this is better than any sit down Mexican restaurant we had been to! We loved each bite. Even the ice tea was extra good!
There is a big salsa bar with different degrees of hot for you to mix and match your own condiments.
We are fans and we will back again and again!

1  Thank James S