“Awesome crispy grouper sandwich”
Review of Tarpon Bend

Tarpon Bend
Ranked #194 of 1,346 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1999, Tarpon has been the hub of all the action on SW 2nd Street. Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week along with weeknight Happy Hours and weekend brunch this is the place where locals and visitors meet to eat and have fun! Thursday - Acoustic Solo Act 6-9pm DJ at 9pm - Close Friday - Acoustic Duo Act 6-9pm Friday- DJ 9pm - close Saturday - DJ 10pm - close
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had lunch here, as it was short walk from The Riverside Hotel on Las Olas where I was staying. I had their crispy grouper sandwich. It was awesome and was one of the best grouper sandwiches I have ever had. The breading was light, the gripper tasted very fresh, and it was served on a kaiser roll. It came with a large portion of potato salad, which was very good. Good service. Tarpon bend attracts a very large lunch crowd. A cheery atmosphere.

A few nights later I brought my wife here for dinner that was excellent.

1  Thank WorldTravelers34

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Come on by on a Monday evening for a festive atmosphere, pleasant service and a great $5 cheeseburger with fries (they must serve a hundred or more).

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Family ate here on vacation after driving past all the Los Olas spots. Glad we found it, the food was excellent and the service was top notch. If we're ever in Ft. Lauderdale again, we WILL go back to Tarpon Bend.

2  Thank David T
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This was not a very good experience. I liked the location but that was about it. Food/service were awful !

1  Thank Shoefler
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I went here with some friends on a trip during Happy Hour on a Friday- they had great live music and 2-for-1 drinks (yummy!)... it got VERY loud by the time we left (we stayed from around 6pm until 10pm)... and ordered burgers- DELISH... but wish the bottom part of the bun hadn't been so soggy!

Affordable, yummy food and cheap drinks- service was good, too!

1  Thank tink0927