“Top-Notch Sushi in Popular 17th Street Causeway Area”
Review of Tokyo Sushi

Tokyo Sushi
Ranked #395 of 1,359 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Fort Lauderdale is literally swimming in sushi, and I've had it many places. Based on the recommendation of friends, I tried out Tokyo Sushi this weekend. Located on the north side of SE 17th Street, this is one of the showplace streets to the beach, awash in cruise ship passengers on weekend, spending the night before and after their vacations.

My only problem with this restaurant was being seated in a weird netherworld, removed from the main dining room, hard against the kitchen and a bussing area. It almost felt like a punishment of sorts, but the friendly service from everyone in the place negated any dissatisfaction. There is also some pleasant outdoor seating, albeit on the sidewalk of the stripmall Tokyo Sushi is located in. But on a nice warm South Florida winter night, this looked nice.

I had a very excellent tuna tataki appetizer and a sashmi plate of some sort but don't recall the name. Friends were very happy with their expertly-made sushi.

I think any sushi-lover in Fort Lauderdale would be very happy here. The service was very good and the sushi tasted freshly-made. Recommended.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Can't say enough about this place. Excellent quality food and fast service. Staff friendly and quick to help you. Price very reasonable. A little cramped but not uncomfortable. Went back 2 nights in a row.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

It was tasty, & waitress served it in a nice manner. Proper price. Good quality & quantity. That's all!

Reviewed 28 February 2013

My husband and I have a house in Ft.Lauderdale and were down to visit. We are always looking for new restaurants and were in the mood for sushi. I happened to find this restaurant with great reviews on Zagat and were so glad we tried it.

We ordered the Bonita Roll which was to die for (a must try)! We were originally going to order the sushi for two but our waitress advised us that it would be too much food. She was right. We ended up getting the Tsuru sushi/sashimi combo which was plenty for two. This came with a soup and salad as well.

Everything was amazing, so amazing we went back the next night. Will definitely be coming here frequently when in the area.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I thought it was just an ok Sushi place. Their sushi was just above average, but the service was not quite as good as other japanese restaurants that I've been. Their price also seemed to be a buck or two higher than other sushi places in Fort Lauderdale. I wouldn't mind going back but it wouldn't be the first place I go for sushi around town.