“Great”

Ruth’s Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #250 of 1,340 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was in town for a work meeting and went to dinner here. Like nearly all Ruth's Chris the meal was fantastic. I ordered a shrimp cocktail, cowboy ribeye, and a nice bottle of wine. It is really a perfect meal for me when done correctly and in this case it was perfect.

There are newer reviews for Ruth’s Chris Steak House

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have celebrated special events at this restaurant before so for our anniversary we booked dinner. We were not disappointed. Rose petals and hearts on the table. Steaks superb. Extensive wine list.The stuffed mushrooms were outstanding. For dessert they brought a special bread pudding dessert to our table with a lighted candle and took our picture. A special evening indeed. The only thing I would suggest is that the chef check the steaks . I noticed other reviews and some reported their steaks were a bit overlooked. Although excellent ours was a bit overlooked also and not medium as requested.

1  Thank ladyfish574
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I visited in april for my birthday meal and when we checked in the front desk were distance with us, but not everyone. I felt like we were just strangers so we didn't matter. We were shown to the table where it was freezing, the air con was so fierce everyone had jackets on - not what you want on holiday. The waiter did not appear interested and was quite surly. Two of my party ordered very rare steaks and when they came they were medium rare, we didn't want to make a fuss so didn't send them back. The Meat was tasty and came with really nice vegetables. The highlight ofthe evening was that they brought out a birthday dessert for me which was delicious and a pleasant surprise - however it certainly wasn't served with a smile! There was a strange atmosphere in the restaurant like someone had been told off or there had been a row with the staff. We had a nice night but that was the company I was with nothing to do with the food or restaurant.Doubt I will return in July when I next visit.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We like to visit Ruth's Chris when we are on vacation - it's become a tradition of sorts when we are in a location that has a Ruth's Chris. I think the quality of the food and service in this restaurant is excellent and consistent across locations. We are a family of 4: two adults, two teenagers. We ate two appetizers (seared tuna and escargot) and shared two salads (Wedge and Caesar), four steaks, au gratin potatoes, and then shared two desserts. Everything was excellent . The escargot was a special appetizer and I wish it was always on the menu. With cocktails and wine for the adults, I think our total bill was in the $300-400 range. Definitely a splurge meal, but we really enjoyed ourselves and had no regrets. It was our most expensive meal of the entire vacation, but was also our best evening out.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Valet parking, warm welcome, fabulous steak with very generous portions. It is expensive US$350 for 4 people for 2 courses sharing one US$70 bottle of wine but it was really good. The blue cheese crust on the steaks particularly recommended. The french onion soup was also particularly good. Lots of people seemed to be celebrating (birthday cakes on both sides of our table) and they seemed to do that very well with candles and cakes etc. Highly recommended for a special dinner.