“Needs some updating but the rooms are nice”

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ranked #65 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I just needed a room for the night as I arrived very late and didn't want to drive to Miami. I and stayed here a few years ago and forgot they only had outside corridors, as a woman traveling alone, I try to avoid these types of hotels.
While I was checking in there was a man standing in the lobby who made me a but nervous, he was watching as I checked in and came closer to the front desk while the Front Desk clerk made my keys. I realized he worked there by the shirt he was wearing, at least I hope he did. The front desk clerk then gave me my room key announcing my room to anyone who was in the area and then giving me directions. He should be instructed to just point to the room and not say it out loud, then he could show me the directions to the room on the map and again not give them out loud. I was a bit nervous walking to my room alone.
Stepping into the elevator you'll notice it needs to be updated, they have green carpet along the sidewalks going to the rooms, the window air conditioners were dripping on the carpets making it tricky not to slip.
I do have to say I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to the room! It has been updated, and very clean! It's not what I was expecting. The bed was comfortable, they still have not updated the tv's , but that is not a deal breaker for me. The hotel does offer free WiFi, which also worked vert well. There is a coffee pot in the room as well as hairdryer. I was very pleased with the room.
Breakfast in the morning left much to be desired. The free breakfast was bagels, toast and juice and coffee. The bagels didn't look appetizing, so I opted for the $5 breakfast, bacon, waffle and scrambled eggs. Not much I can say about that breakfast other than I ate half the waffle and bacon and left the rest.
I didn't use the pool area, but it did look very inviting, very well set up and tables around so you could eat out there.
This isn't a bad place to stay if you need a place to rest your head for the night. They still have some work to do.I would stay there again, just not have breakfast there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucienneh
There are newer reviews for Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hello I was recently stayed here for the cruise, and Bahamas package at the Ramada. Lets start with the hotel its not that clean also its next an abandoned building which was surrounded by cats, and when I had to park at night in the parking lot the cats were chasing anything that moved. There is a swingers bar right across the street looking for guest so don't be surprised if they come up to you. This hotel is in the hood and we noticed that early, so no site seeing at night. As far as the cruise they don't tell you that you have to drive an hour away and be on a tour that takes about five hours after they try to sell you a time share, so after driving an hour to get there and being there all day then driving another hour back your so mentally drained that you just want to sleep. The food was the best part and that was average. I think FT. Lauderdale is beautiful and you should definitely visit it has one of the best beaches in the world visit just don't stay here and don't go for this package. # STAY AWAY

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MILES L

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank Larry Y
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Airport and cruiseport shuttle is very good with a very friendly and pleasant driver ( free but please tip ) the hoteoes need a lot of work - looks very past its prime, carpets are old and shabby, beds are okay and clean. Old style T.V. Not flat screen, lots of channel choices, The pool and garden are the best part of this hotel. The restaurant is overpriced for dinner but is the only place we found within walking distance. Breakfast is okay but the 5$ hot meal charge is not worth it, just for bacon and scrambled eggs.

Room Tip: Lower floor as the elevator on one side was not working.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel perfectly met our needs. We were promptly picked up at the airport upon arrival and left off at the cruise terminal 2 days later. The staff were great, the breakfast was adequate and the hotel, although not 1st class was fine for our stay. We would definitely go back if we ever have a repeat of similar plans

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel in a disabled persons room. We didn't need this but it work...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank STAN49_12

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My son and I stayed here on a layover and the staff could not have been nicer. We had a 6am flight and when we couldn't get a cab the shuttle driver took us early. We also had dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family