“Service was terrible but food still good....”
Review of Shula's on the Beach - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Beach
Cross street: Granada Street
Transit: Granada Street Bus Stop
Description: Shula's On The Beach is decorated with memories of Coach Don Shula's accomplishments, and offers private, indoor and covered patio seating with a great ocean view.The restaurant offers the same great steaks and excellent seafood that Shula's Steak House fans are accustomed to. One of our popular dishes, Steak Mary Anne, consists of two sliced filets covered with Mary Anne's favorite sauce and seasoning. We use only center cuts of Premium Black Angus Beef to make The Shula Cut® steaks, the best beef money can buy.Shula's On The Beach is the perfect place for festive parties, business lunches and dinners, birthdays, holiday celebrations and almost any other special occasion. Whether it's business, pleasure or a little of both, your event in one of our two private dining rooms, on our outdoor covered patio or inside our main dining room will be a great success. Our private dining rooms accommodates up to 12 and 50 guests, and restaurant seating for groups of all sizes in the main dining room or on our covered patio overlooking the ocean.Customizable menus featuring the award winning Shula Cut® steaks, fresh seafood, and extensive wine selection, and personalized service, and live entertainment work together to provide an overall Winning Dining Experience.We invite you to dine at our Shula's on the Beach location and experience for yourself the Perfect meal at the Perfect setting.
New York
“Service was terrible but food still good....”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My friend and I dined here a few nights ago. We're from NYC but come here every year on vacation because we love the food. We had a totally different experience this year. We placed a very simple order - 2 orders of twin lobster tails, side orders of mashed potatoes and mushrooms. When the food arrived, only 1 order of twin lobster tails arrived and that was placed in front of me and the mashed potatoes were placed in front of my friend. Seriously? Do you really think they ordered a side of mashed potatoes for their entree? I told the server that they forgot one entree and he immediately blamed the kitchen. He said they thought it was a duplicate order. Ok, where's the communication? While waiting for the other entree to arrive, I started to eat one of my twin lobster tails and noticed that it was lukewarm and so was the butter. I tried the mashed potatoes and mushrooms and they were on the cold side too. By the time I alerted my server once again, my friends twin lobster tails arrived but they took back everything else. So now I'm sitting there with nothing and my friend is eating their entree. When everything came back out again, the food was still not hot. At his point the manager Chris came over and I explained everything to him. They did end up buying us dessert and talking off 50% of the bill.....but I don't go out looking for discounts. I just want my order placed the right way. Also, they didn't provide serving spoons for our side dishes nor did anyone come and refill our water glasses. The service that night was horrendous. But the food is still very good.

• Visited July 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Always great at Shula's”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Shula's provides consistent good food and service. I have dined at Shula's in New York City, Washington DC, Miami, Chicago, Indianapolis and other places. I can always count on a great meal and excellent ambience.

Visited July 2014
Chigwell, United Kingdom
“Delicious affair”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We dined at Shula's and were greeted by a not so happy hostess.
We were seated outside On a lovely balmy night and the service from here on in was excellent.
They offer a limited but good selection of wines.
Starters ordered were Scallops; Caesar salad and fried lobster
Mains were 8oz filet mignon; 22oz cowboy ribeye and French chicken
Dessert - baked cheesecake between us 3
Delicious food and a lovely evening

Los Angeles, California
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The food and the service was absolutely great! I had a steak, and I must say that it was one of the best steaks I have had recently.

Also, the staff are wonderful. They are friendly and attentive. I would most certainly go back, and would have no hesitation in recommending the restaurant.

Visited April 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Supreme Prices For A + Supreme Dining Experience”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is an absolutely great restaurant if one is seeking The Best in terms of food quality and service in Ft. Lauderdale.

If someone is looking for 'Dollar Deals', where perhaps outstanding quality of food and personal service is not the top priority, then an alternative destination may be a better choice.

At first glance, this restaurant appears top end pricey, yet the overall dining experience was superb and a true delight from arrival to departure that negated any possible price/quality issues.

Great and caring people - along with overall ambience always sets the mood.

The steak offerings were numerous, yet the quality of the end product was an experience seldom lived.
The 'Sides' appeared to be aggressively priced, yet once our waiter explained they could be shared by either 2-3-4 people, it was more than acceptable..
The wine menu is diverse, but also priced fairly.

In summation, if you are looking for a great dining experience, Shula's will not disappoint.

• Visited July 2014