“Started off poor - due to our seating - but ended up great!”
Review of Johnny V - CLOSED

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th street
Arlington, Texas
“Started off poor - due to our seating - but ended up great!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

For some reason, even thought the main dining room was basically empty (maybe because we booked through open table?) they sat us in the bar area. After a large group stood over our table (it is a very narrow bar) and the third time a waiter knocked into my chair - I asked the manager to move us - which he did. Our waiter later said, he didn't blame us, he would never sit in there - so WHY did they sit us in there in the first place - Johnny - where are you??? Great wine list, lovely dinner, appetizers, salads, desserts and dessert wines were excellent. Main course was a little disappointing. If I was to return, I'd make my meal out of the appetizers and save room for dessert. One last thing, the wait staff had some sort of disagreement with someone in the kitchen - it is an open kitchen so we could hear the argument raging. I asked our waiter if it was ok, he said it was, and then the group arguing went in the back somewhere. I think Johnny needs to make a visit and help the place out out a bit. Seems like they have lost their customer focus.

• Visited July 2013

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Eclectic and Excellent”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Our visit to Fort Lauderdale was complete after eating at Johnny V's. My kind of restaurant... exciting and delicious. After sampling their house coctails husband and I shared the Blue Corn Crusted Calamari with sherry aioli. So different.. so good. My dinner was the Jerk Seared Grouper with crab fritters. His was the Barbeque Spiked File Mignon. Both were perfectly prepared and delicious as well. Our waiter was very attentive. We had a great seat outdoors. The evening could not have been any better.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Anicka10
Chicago
1,368 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,236 helpful votes
“Food here is always great”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I had a business dinner here. The food here is always great. I have been to this restaurant many times.

• Visited June 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great grouper from the menu”
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

The place is a bit pricy, and I am not sure the atmosphere is worth all that. Yet, the food is very good in taste and presentation.

I still suggest to stay away from the steak. It's not grilled but cooked on the fry top, not to mention it's tasteless US beef. It needs Montreal pepper or something to give it a meaning.

I ordered the grouper from the menu. It was a great combination of simple flavors.

The fried calamari was cooked to perfection and the dipping was perfect for it.

Service is at renting and patient to certain patrons around me. :-) thumbs up for that.

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great meal”
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner and were very impressed. They have a good cocktail selection. I had the snapper for my entree and it was delicious. My husband had the NY strip which was a decomposed cheese steak, sounds strange, but it was excellent! Great service and and all around great dinner.

Visited June 2013