“I finally know what my last meal would be...”

The Original Pancake House
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Dining at this restaurant is a rare event, because the high carb, high fat, high sugar menu items are irresistible. My all time favorite breakfast is the 49'er flap jacks with plenty of butter and plenty of syrup. Expect to wait and don't expect friendly service. You go here for the pancakes, not the atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for The Original Pancake House

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stopped here for breakfast on our way to the cruise terminal.
An excellent choice! The staff were amazing. Nothing too much trouble and they seemed so happy at their work. We shared a fruit salad and orange juice and opted for the eggs and pancakes which were outstandingly good!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very good pancakes, big breakfast for a good value. The food arrive to the table fast and you wont starve at this place. Adding al carte items wont break the bank. The coffee was strong which I like and service was great.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Best one yet to date. I have yet to find any Corned Beef Hash that is done better than this place on this particular town where I live

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We spent 45 minutes waiting for our order. ALMOST AN HOUR. The minute I sat down I saw a little girl very upset that the chocolate chips were left off her chocolate chip pancakes. Later on the table next to us said their bill was added wrong. (We had lots of time to look around.) The waitress came to us and she could not possibly speak fast enough. She could barely breathe right. She brought our coffee, said I'll be right back with your cream. Did not come back. 15 min later I got up and went looking for cream. Another waiter grabbed a pitcher and poured me some and yelled Where are you sitting! After we gave her our food order, we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. Played with the Smartphone. Told jokes. Tried to not get upset. I asked her when she was running by if I could have an orange juice. She got that 5 min later and said Sorry your order is taking so long, it takes a long time to cook the corned beef hash, it has to be cooked really well. Ha. This was a comedy except we were hungry. I really needed a glass of water coz I was coughing a bit. I was afraid to ask her but I couldn't find her anyhow. After having sat there for 45 min or more, almost an hour, surrounded by noise and our poor waitress running by in every direction, we got up and left. We told her we couldn't take anymore. We got home, shattered, absolutely shattered. Crazy place. When they tell you the wait will be 10 min for a table, they mean 30 min. This restaurant needs MORE HELP.

1  Thank Victoria C