We stayed here one night before we headed out to the airport in the morning. When we got there, the lobby was cool and the front desk was very nice. We checked in within minutes. However, my first room, 513, had a broken AC. The temperature was set to 73 and it was 83 degrees in the room. Hot air was coming out of the AC. I went to my parents' room, 515, and their thermostat was set to 73 and it was cold! So, I called the front desk and I was told someone would be up to take a look. After fidgeting with the thermometer and lowering it to 60 degrees, he told me to wait 1 hour! I walked over to the AC and hot air was still coming out. And, the temperature went up to 84 at this point! I refused to wait at 10PM to see if the room will cool down... and I called the front desk. They immediately switched me over to a different, cool room and it was great. We set up the shuttle to the airport, which runs every hour, to 6:05AM.
And, the best part??? They have free breakfast. It's supposed to start at 6, but, it was already all set up by 5:45AM. We all got to eat a little something before we left and we were grateful. If they have a shuttle to the beach, we're seriously considering staying here the next time we come out to Ft. Lauderdale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port is located near the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport, Port Everglades Cruise Port & Broward County Convention Center - the perfect choice for a business or leisure stay. The beaches, Shops of Las Olas, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment district, downtown, Museums, Theaters, Malls and a variety of restaurants & local attractions are all within a short drive.The hotel pampers guests daily by serving a complimentary 'Express Start breakfast bar' along with USA Today news. Free high-speed Internet access is available in all guest rooms & suites plus free local calls, microwave/fridge, & coffee maker. The Marina Mile Meeting Room, Express Board Room & business center features high-speed Internet access. Adding to the many guest amenities & services to assure your stay is comfortable & pleasant an exercise room with state-of-the-art equipment, Coin laundry room, and outdoor heated pool in a tropical garden setting are on-site.A complimentary shuttle is available from 5:30 AM to midnight to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport. Drop-off transportation to Port Everglades cruise port is available on a complimentary basis. 'A completely non-smoking hotel.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
- Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn