Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Ranked #13 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here one night before we headed out to the airport in the morning. When we got there, the lobby was cool and the front desk was very nice. We checked in within minutes. However, my first room, 513, had a broken AC. The temperature was set to 73 and it was 83 degrees in the room. Hot air was coming out of the AC. I went to my parents' room, 515, and their thermostat was set to 73 and it was cold! So, I called the front desk and I was told someone would be up to take a look. After fidgeting with the thermometer and lowering it to 60 degrees, he told me to wait 1 hour! I walked over to the AC and hot air was still coming out. And, the temperature went up to 84 at this point! I refused to wait at 10PM to see if the room will cool down... and I called the front desk. They immediately switched me over to a different, cool room and it was great. We set up the shuttle to the airport, which runs every hour, to 6:05AM.

And, the best part??? They have free breakfast. It's supposed to start at 6, but, it was already all set up by 5:45AM. We all got to eat a little something before we left and we were grateful. If they have a shuttle to the beach, we're seriously considering staying here the next time we come out to Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well located if you're waiting for a flight or cruise. It offers free shuttle from/to both the Airport or Cruise terminals. Nicely appointed rooms with fridge ans microwave. At par with other Holiday Inn Express. The staff is specially nice. I'm Platinum with IHG and you get a bottle of water and snacks upon arrival. Rooms could be cleaner my room was clearly not vacumed there was pieces of food all over.

The area where the hotel is located is not that great hence the title Transit hotel. You don't go there vacationing you go there because you are in route to somewhere else.

There is a small mall in front with fast food restaurants and a Big Lot store.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank IceMtl
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed here two times in July and August 2013 for about one week and everything was just perfect. Friendly staff, clean rooms, good situation, acceptable breakfast buffet, free parking... I recommand.

4  Thank MickCornez
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Our flight was delayed & we got into Ft Lauderdale pretty late However the hotel stay was lovely. The room was nice, clean , modern and comfy. Made me forget our horrible flight. The bath was really clean as well must commend that overall a neat freak & here satisfied. Woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. Sleep is important to us so that was a definite plus.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Spent one night on my way to Key West. Excellent and convenient location, well kept, clean rooms. Staff at the front desk was very friendly. Nice neighborhood on 84 and Marina Boulevard. Just on short hop from Fort Lauderdale International.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George B
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here for about two weeks during a 3 week work trip to FLL that involved staying at 3 hotels. Although it gets a lot of cruise traffic, it's actually quite good for long-term guests as well. The rooms are well designed to minimize hallways noise, placing the beds far from the doorway. Small kitchenette with a micro, sink and small refrigerator, allows you to stock up a bit---at the Winn Dixie right across the street. Laundry on the floor was only a buck for washer or dryer, and the machines were good. The shuttle will pick you up or take you out to the airport whenever needed, and they also were available for side trips to our offices on the airport but not at the terminal. The front desk folks are very friendly and helpful, and the maids were happy to adjust my cleaning schedule to account for my VERY early morning schedule that got me back to my room mid-day. Never had a chance to try the breakfast, nor the pool, and I had my own wifi hotspot so can't comment on that, either. But, all in all, a very satisfactory hotel.

Room Tip: Even though I was in a room next to vending, near the elevator, facing the street, the noise was min...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bowsermania
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The hotel stay was nice. I rolled into town pretty late as my plane was delayed. The shuttle picked me up right outside my terminal and the front desk attendant Sarah had everything ready to go for us. The room was clean and well kept, modern and business friendly. Fast internet access as well. I stayed for a week, and the service just got better each time. Sarah was normally at the front desk and would greet my associates and myself as we ended our days. She informed us to go grab a cookie that she had made fresh from the oven. The complementary breakfast was nice as well. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. Overall- 5/5 for value and cleanliness, 5'5 Thanks to Sarah and her smile and hello's, and the location couldn't have been more perfect for my stay. Close to the freeway, but no sound from the traffic. I slept well.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are quiet, and you cannot hear the freeway from either side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business