Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Ranked #12 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Danelia was very helpful in checking me in. Very thorough in her presentation to me and made me feel very welcomed. Her customer skills are evident she gets and excellent rating. I learned a long time ago that People are not excellent because they achieve great things. They acheive great things because they choose to be excellent.
Thanks for the good service.

Room Tip: The whole hotel is great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thanks for the great comments on Danelia. We will share your comments with her and the staff. We would like to thank you for staying with us,and we hope to see you the next time you are in Fort Lauderdale. Again, thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel was perfect for us after our cruise. Free shuttle to and from the airport as well and even free shuttle to the Crown Plaza for dinner with a free drink coupon. Nice rooms with a pool.
Beds were great. No complaints here and Alejandro will take good care of you.

Room Tip: If you are on the 5th floor you can see the Allure/Oasis in port.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lulubean
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had a quick one night stay at this hotel on a business trip. The rooms were surprisingly large and comfortable. I initially was concerned that I might here either airport or street noise, but it turned out to be really quiet in the room.

Check in went very smoothly and I easily found my room. Rooms were well equipped with TV. coffee maker, microwave and fridge. The wifi signal was excellent on the third floor and I had no problem connecting. My room was very clean and arranged well.

Breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn Express food. Everything was available in ample supply and the staff kept the breakfast room clean.

No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ottawaone
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The room was spacious and modern. The bed was very comfortable. This is a very good hotel to stay in, especially if you are going on a cruise. They have a stay-and-cruise package that will save you a lot of money over the cruise parking garage. With this package you also get a shuttle ride for two to the cruise terminal. They also have a hot breakfast. The hotel is very good overall and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald F
Reviewed 9 November 2013

First of all, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. No issues with them. However, the room was a disaster area. The bed is very soft and uncomfortable. It sits on a metal box support thing so every time we sat or laid down on it, you'd hear this metal clanging sound. The air conditioner is extremely loud and hard to adjust. The cabinet that the fridge/microwave sits in is a hazard to your health. Literally! It sits into the walkway and when I got up during the night to use the restroom, I ended up walking into it. So now I have a red line where the edge of the cabinet scraped me and a huge bruise (about 1 1/2" round) where the corner got me. My arm is so sore, I can hardly move it this morning. It needs to be moved to a safer place! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ametrinel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear ametrinel,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This Holiday Inn Express seemed like an older facility that has had at least some renovations. The front desk staff were very pleasant and welcoming. The room was neat and clean and had all the expected amenities. A decent place for a short stay awaiting a cruise or flight.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Warning to ALL whom plan on staying here: unless you pay upfront, whatever card you use to hold your room WILL BE CHARGED BEFORE YOU EVEN ARRIVE, and they claim it is their policy. This is not stated on their website anywhere, nor are you informed of this when you reserve over the phone. Due to this, we went negative in our bank account and got hit with a $35 insufficient funds fee, because we were charged overnight (before our day of arrival), which was also before both of our paychecks hit the bank the day we were to arrive. We called and the hotel insisted it was their policy to charge the card within a 24-hour window of a guests' stay. Now, in ALL MY YEARS of traveling and staying at COUNTLESS hotels, I have NEVER heard of this before, and it's also NEVER happened anywhere else. We travel often, 2-3 times per month, staying in hotels frequently. We literally JUST stayed in another location of a Holiday Inn Express in Hollywood last month, and again, such a thing has never been heard of (yes, we even called & asked them, to which they said since we've been screwed out of so much money already, to come stay there -- on them -- as they want to keep us happy as Holiday Inn Express (IHG) customers.... now that is customer service right there; good job Hollywood HIE, you have a forever customer in us :)
Back to this Holiday inn express though, in Ft. Lauderdale. When I called, twice, I left my name & number with two different people and was told I would get a call back from the manager. What do you know? No call on the number I had given that morning of my calls, but rather they called our home number and didn't leave a message! Ughh, strike three. My husband and I were already pissed to begin with but that was the straw that broke the camels back. We still went, and stayed, but were highly disappointed in how it was all handled. Oh, and the $35 we lost from the bank? Never got it back! What hotel, at this point, with clearly upset customers, wouldn't offer up a credit or knock it off our bill? Instead, we were offered a deducted rate of $79, when we only paid $96 to begin with! Hmm, they could've just kept that $17 in my book, because sometimes half isn't all. We're still out $18, and we just feel taken advantage of. Again, in ALL our thousands of hotel stays over the years, we have NEVER been charged PRIOR to our arrival. So, buyers beware!!!!!
Other than that, the hotel was clean (smelled a little musty in hallways), rooms were average, food was fine (not great), and area was safe enough. We walked across the street to Slacker's for dinner (a MUST DO if you still decide to stay at this hotel), which sadly, was the highlight of our overnight stay.
We will not ever use this holiday inn express again, and hope others have been warned about being charged beforehand (night before your arrival). Good luck, all.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jamie B
LM-Management, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to our hotel. We have noted your dissatisfaction with the policy of guaranteeing your reservation with a valid credit card and we are sorry that you felt this way. We look at every reservation ahead of arrival, because we want to make sure your requests are fulfilled before you arrive. We would like to assure you and all of guests, we strive to ensure our guests the best possible experience while they are here at our hotel, as you will note in our other reviews.

Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity to showcase our hospitality.