We stayed one night prior to a cruise. We had a ground floor room which was very generous in size although a bit noisy being across from the fitness center. Everything in the room worked fine and we slept very well. The staff were friendly and booked us on the "All-Star" shuttle service to the port the next morning (I believe was $8/person added to the room bill).
Cruise morning, breakfast was busy but manageable with open tables. Try the cute pancake machine although the staff have to pamper it a bit to work. The lobby was busy pre-shuttle but the shuttle arrangements were very organized with lots of room for people and luggage, no worries about being left behind for a second trip.
We would stay here before any future cruises. Really did not evaluate for stays of other purposes. It is not cheap but meets the needs. The airport is in very close proximity to the port so if you are brave and confident that your luggage will arrive with you, just get an early flight and skip the overnight if you want to save the hotel cost. And BTW, the FLL airport is a bit crazy particularly for departure so allow a fair amount of time if leaving by air. Maybe it's just the Southwest gates but the security line was as crazy as we have ever seen, took 1 hour, quite disorganized.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port is located near the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport, Port Everglades Cruise Port & Broward County Convention Center - the perfect choice for a business or leisure stay. The beaches, Shops of Las Olas, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment district, downtown, Museums, Theaters, Malls and a variety of restaurants & local attractions are all within a short drive.The hotel pampers guests daily by serving a complimentary 'Express Start breakfast bar' along with USA Today news. Free high-speed Internet access is available in all guest rooms & suites plus free local calls, microwave/fridge, & coffee maker. The Marina Mile Meeting Room, Express Board Room & business center features high-speed Internet access. Adding to the many guest amenities & services to assure your stay is comfortable & pleasant an exercise room with state-of-the-art equipment, Coin laundry room, and outdoor heated pool in a tropical garden setting are on-site.A complimentary shuttle is available from 5:30 AM to midnight to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport. Drop-off transportation to Port Everglades cruise port is available on a complimentary basis. 'A completely non-smoking hotel.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
- Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn