Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Ranked #12 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I did a lot of research before booking this hotel, and was not disappointed by my decision at all. From checking-in right through until checkout all the staff we came across were very helpful and extremely friendly, more so than a Holiday Inn Express we stayed in, in Miami 18 months ago. The room was as expected, for UK standards very roomy. It was very clean and we found the bed comfortable but not the pillows! Sorry HI! that's the only reason I didn't give a 5 rating. Breakfast was fine, plenty available and more than met our expectations. We weren't sure where to go for our one day stay in Fort Lauderdale before joining our ship, the front desk were great and gave us some sound advice on where to head to- thank you. The shops opposite the hotel were ideal for a bit of browsing and to also get a few pre-cruise toiletries. And I have to say we also had a fast food meal there too, well why not it you're going on a cruise?! There is a Walgreens(bit like Wilkinsons/Boots for you UK people), further down the road, a bit of a walk but we managed it ok, I love a good browse there too! The hotel pool area was very well kept and although we didn't go in the pool we spent an hour or so sat by it relaxing. The shuttle service to the port was extremely efficient. I know others have said before me that's it's a hassle but I can only go by our experience and we thought it was excellent for $8 per person-saved a lot of hassle. So, overall - great stay and would definitely stay again.

1  Thank susiewinks
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in our hotel - and we hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you for taking time to comment about your experience. Warm Regards and Many Thanks!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here two nights pre cruise. It is not in a great location and getting a taxi was not always easy. The breakfast was just acceptable, nothing special. The room was spacious, but again nothing wonderful.
Our stay was average, staff did not go our of their way to help, seemed very disinterested in the guests. We arrived late evening and there was nowhere close to eat. We made contact with the hotel before travelling and we were told food would be available, not true.
I think that for what we paid it was not good value, but from others American guests we discovered they received much better rates than us so I felt a bit cheated!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the best room rate.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your comments. Sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do strive to be the best in the area. Warm regards.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

To start, I am very picky about hotels. I research everything before booking. My husband and I were staying in the Palm Beach area but had and early morning flight out of FLL. We decided to spend the night to make them morning of the flight easier. Check-in here was very smooth; we were able to check-in early. This hotel is easy to access the port as well as restaurants and the beach if you have a car. The room was very clean and that is at the top of my list. The front desk staff was very nice and accommodating; the paper was out of the printer in the business center and they supplied some without out question so I could print boarding passes. The bed was slightly harder than I like and the pillows a bit lumpy but sleep for me the night before a flight is usually non-existent so I would call this somewhat success. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Away from the ice machine.
1  Thank qtypie617

It was good to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the night before our cruise. Overall a very good experience. Shuttle was prompt at the airport, room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was good, they made our shuttle arrangements to the cruise shim and to top it all off, we had a bad I phone cable and they gave us one from a box of cables collected from items left in the rooms. It totally made our day. Thank you again.

1  Thank Peter P

WOW!!! Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Enjoyed my stay after cruising in May. I met Jason checking into hotel very pleasant and enjoyable young man. As I was leaving to go home the next day I met another pleasant employee by the name of Danelia who made my wait for the shuttle enjoyable as well. These two along with the upkeep of the hotel will have me coming back for future stays. If I knew how nice and clean this location was pre cruise I would have stayed then. You live and learn and I've learned that I will be back for more. Keep up the good work and it's the best Express I've set foot in. Thanks for making me feel at home Guys!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Raymond W
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

WOW! Thank you! Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here before and after our cruise in March. The staff was very nice and the hotel was clean. The staff allowed us to check in early the day we returned from our cruise, which was so nice. We dined at the German and Thai restaurants in the neighborhood and were happy with both. Also, a strip mall with a grocery store is right across the street. If you are cruising, I recommend just taking a taxi to the ship. It is cheaper and easier than taking the shuttle/bus service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kjo44

Reviewed 17 May 2014

nice hotel very clean nice breakfast selection beg room good amenities our kids loved the pool we spent 3 days at this hotels and the smiles and courtesy of the staff simply amazing .
Dane at the front desk during the morning was busy with a lot of check outs but always smiling and helping everybody. Ray the manager very professional gave us directions to the mall overall this hotels was relly nice for the price we pay we already booked two rooms for next year.
BTW KiKis restaurant was good free shuttle and free drinks :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you soo much. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.