I did a lot of research before booking this hotel, and was not disappointed by my decision at all. From checking-in right through until checkout all the staff we came across were very helpful and extremely friendly, more so than a Holiday Inn Express we stayed in, in Miami 18 months ago. The room was as expected, for UK standards very roomy. It was very clean and we found the bed comfortable but not the pillows! Sorry HI! that's the only reason I didn't give a 5 rating. Breakfast was fine, plenty available and more than met our expectations. We weren't sure where to go for our one day stay in Fort Lauderdale before joining our ship, the front desk were great and gave us some sound advice on where to head to- thank you. The shops opposite the hotel were ideal for a bit of browsing and to also get a few pre-cruise toiletries. And I have to say we also had a fast food meal there too, well why not it you're going on a cruise?! There is a Walgreens(bit like Wilkinsons/Boots for you UK people), further down the road, a bit of a walk but we managed it ok, I love a good browse there too! The hotel pool area was very well kept and although we didn't go in the pool we spent an hour or so sat by it relaxing. The shuttle service to the port was extremely efficient. I know others have said before me that's it's a hassle but I can only go by our experience and we thought it was excellent for $8 per person-saved a lot of hassle. So, overall - great stay and would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port is located near the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport, Port Everglades Cruise Port & Broward County Convention Center - the perfect choice for a business or leisure stay. The beaches, Shops of Las Olas, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment district, downtown, Museums, Theaters, Malls and a variety of restaurants & local attractions are all within a short drive.The hotel pampers guests daily by serving a complimentary 'Express Start breakfast bar' along with USA Today news. Free high-speed Internet access is available in all guest rooms & suites plus free local calls, microwave/fridge, & coffee maker. The Marina Mile Meeting Room, Express Board Room & business center features high-speed Internet access. Adding to the many guest amenities & services to assure your stay is comfortable & pleasant an exercise room with state-of-the-art equipment, Coin laundry room, and outdoor heated pool in a tropical garden setting are on-site.A complimentary shuttle is available from 5:30 AM to midnight to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport. Drop-off transportation to Port Everglades cruise port is available on a complimentary basis. 'A completely non-smoking hotel.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
- Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale
- Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Holiday Inn