“Good Value For a Night”

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
Reviewed 15 February 2013

If you want a clean room for a night without the amenities then this is the place.

We booked the captain's quarters for a night before our cruise. It was half the price of local hotels. We called the hotel when we arrived and Jorge was there within 10 minutes to pick us up. The hotel reminded us of of a resort in the islands. You walk from the gardens directly into your room. The room is clean with a ceramic floor and came with a small fridge, microwave, hotplate and dishes. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom is worn and could use a makeover. The room air conditioner is a wall unit next to the bed. Jorge said it was like a family hotel. Body wash and shampoo were family sized bottles that no one would steal.

Breakfast was cold cereals with bananas and juice. The overall feel was like visiting a family cottage. The doors have simple locks with a dead bolt. If you are concerned with security this is not the place for you. Insects will find their way into the room if that is a concern.

We did not have time to use the pool but it was clean. The jacuzzi was down. There is a laundry room if you plan to stay longer.

The hotel is close to restaurants and the Harbour Shops on SE 17th. You can get all of your needs for a cruise within easy walking. We booked the shuttle to the cruise port for an additional $6 each and Jorge again got us there quickly.

2  Thank Barheat
There are newer reviews for The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stayed here on a 10 hour stopover on our way from Australia to Mexico and this hotel was ideal. They are close to the airport and offer free, fast and very friendly transfers. Rooms are basic but clean and good for the price. Breakfast was a nice addition.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed prior to a cruise. We were picked up promptly from the airport at midnight, free of charge. Very friendly driver and helpful staff giving advice on late night eating opportunities and the best places to visit. Very clean but quite dated room. Good TV and free WiFi. Taken back to airport to pick up pre-booked rental car ,for free. Basic breakfast provided for free. Attempted to stay longer but the hotel was full. Jorge the owner phoned a friends hotel nearby, and arranged our stay at what proved to be another really friendly and good value hotel. We have booked the Bridge at Cordova for when we return from the cruise. The location is good, close to the port, airport and the water taxi around the lovely waterways of Fort Lauderdale..Excellent value all round. Not for people who put a lot of stress on modern furniture and clinical looking accommodation. But, for people who like genuine, helpful friendly service and good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank BemroseWoodbridgeUK
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The place was very unorganized , and not well managed. There were people waiting to check in. Nobody seemed to know what was going on. The jacuzzi was broken. The pool was half full.
We left to early for breakfast.
I asked 3 people for a wake up call. There are no phones in the room.They said they would kbock on the door. Nobody showed up. Glad we used our phone alarms.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary s
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Coming to Fort Lauderdale we chose this hotel because of the free air shuttle. We had booked two nights but ended up staying three nights, very much because of the nice athmosphere. We arrived late at night to the airport, called Jorge and less than fifteen minutes later Burt was there picking up "Kurt and his wife"! After several hours on different airlines we were hungry and exhausted...but no worries, Barry took care of us and fixed some late night supper.
After three days we wanted to go to the airport to pick up our rental car...and again...no worries and no charge. Burt took us there!
The Bridge at Cordova is a very cosy, familiar hotel with hardworking guys, Jorge, Barry, Burt, Tommy and many others we haven't mentioned. It's good value-and after touring Florida we must say it's one of the best when it comes to continental breakfasts; a large variety of cereals, juices and even Nescafé - to make your American coffee stronger, which is a must!
The room we had, H, I believe, was big enough, a small kitchen and a bathroom. We had a lot of space with a small table and two chairs outdoors on a big patio.
We wish you, Jorge, and your wonderful staff, the best of luck with your hotel, and we will definetly be back! You're doing a good job!

Room Tip: Choose H if you want a quiet room with a big patio!
3  Thank Ingemar H
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Needed a place to rest and kill a few hours between arriving on a cruise and departing at the airport so I was only looking for a cheap but clean place located close to the pier and airport. Let me preface my review by saying the ranking I have given is obviously based on it's positioning as a cost effective place to stay and not based against larger more expensive hotels.

My experience was pretty much the same as most of the other reviewers. The service was very good, the location was excellent, the rooms were clean with ample clean towels, and it was excellent value for the money. As we arrived early from our cruise the manager even did his best to get our room ready earlier than normal and managed to get us checked in an hour early which was great.

The room we had did seem a bit old and dated, reminded me of your standard bachelor room in an older apartment building. But everything was functional and clean which is all I really needed. The beds were definately King size width but they seemed a little short resulting in my feet hanging over the edge (for reference I'm 6'2), but the bed was comfortable and I still was able to fall asleep within minutes of arriving. The only other issue my wife had was the lock on the door and the surrounding door frame didn't seem overly secure and if anyone wanted to get in they wouldn't have to try very hard. She said she didn't feel safe and wouldn't want to stay more than a day here. The room also had a TV (which was working fine), and a fridge & microwave which we never used so we can't comment.

Only other issue we had was our room was on the 2nd floor and as far as I was aware there was no elevator. Lugging three heavy suitcases wasn't a terrible hardship for me but if you were not able to carry your suitcases up about 20 stairs to get to the top you would have been stuck.

Overall I feel you get great value for your money here, the manager was very friendly and helpful, we tried one of the restaurants in the area and it was good pub grub type of food, and the guy who drove us to the airport was very friendly. If you're looking for an inexpensive location central to the pier/airport to layover between cruise/flight days I think this place is good for you, but I'm not sure I would want to spend more than a couple of days.

4  Thank TOChris89
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Booked the hotel to stay one night before we go to our cruise, we arrived at the hotel around 1am The owner was very friendly picked us up at the airport, EVERYONE was very friendly we decided to do our washing before we get in the boat as the had the facilities and the guy was very helpful giving us some soap but while I was waiting for the washing and laying on the bad I saw a little bug I wasn't sure if it was a bed bug so a Google it and it was the bed bugs I stripped the bed and everything else I couldn't find anymore and it was more than 2 am so I couldn't ask any one to change rooms, the bedroom was quite big bu everything was falling apart the power points were hanging out of the wall the bathroom had some tails broken but it was okay for the price that we were paying but because I found the bedbug I couldn't sleep at all in the next day we went for walk around the hotel I tried to locked the door and it wouldn't lock so I went to talk to the same guy that helped us with the soap he said he will fix it when we got back the door was open nothing was missing but we decide to leave straight away I said everything to the owner he gave 50% of our money back

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rodado
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#71 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#31 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#55 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!