“HORRENDOUS. ZERO POINTS FOR THE BRIDGE!!”

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
yorkshire
“HORRENDOUS. ZERO POINTS FOR THE BRIDGE!!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have an open mind when travelling - this is an honest review. THIS PLACE IS TOTALLY DISGUSTING. ADVISE TO STAY AWAY
Issues being
1. very unclean and dirty from the bathroom, floors, bedding etc etc. slept with sarong on bed and own towel over pillow. i dont mind old bedlinen etc but DIRTY - there is no excuse
2. security is poor - rubbish lock on door, poor lighting, no one seems tocare whom comes and goes
3. public areas also very dirty with rubbish etc. there were two dogs in reception owned by an employee. GET THIS - one of them had VOMITED on the sofa in reception and just left there, not cleaned up in the hour i was there! WTF!
4. the dogs STINK - the reception area was messy, smelly and dirty
5. nowhere safe to store luggage
6. room had infestation of ANTS. told reception and they said they didnt. my partner pointed out they must have known as they had laid out ant traps in the room so staff LIE here too
7. free shuttle - in a beat up bus full of rubbish - hardly professional
the list goes on.........

arrived late, ft lauderdale booked out for boat convention so had no choice to stay the night but NEVER EVER AGAIN! it is not hard to get the basics right - CLEANILNESS! this place should be ashamed to use the word BOUTIQUE and HOTEL. it is neither. i have backpacked across the world paying as little as £2 in fiji for a hostel room that far surpassed the Bridge at Cordova.

this is not an over the top review- and not opinion either, it is the truth.

complained and got $20 refund, or so we thought. receptionist (if u can call her that) swiped cash card twice, took extra $20 herself and then refunded it so actually got no refund at all.

interestingly i have read all the reviews on here since posting mine. bad bad reviews scattered amongst the good, but trust the bad reviews folks they are true. i am interested to see if the manager etc responds as he has to previous bad reviews as all he seems to do is make excuses and attack the reviewer.

now time for a wash as i feel all dirty!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank la B
travelsmartone, Owner at The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
So many people had ask me to respond to this review, as I don't usually do even to the great quantity of people who express their gratitude for our service, and it is because I recognize many of the great reviews are made by the family service that we do and no because our building. My building is old Yes, In this case I have to respond and I tell you why. This couple came in a very special low rate we still give them the same rooms as everyone else, as he came complaining about several things we identify a character of personality that we really we will not like to cater, playing RICH, as he mentioned I need some retribution of what I paid, he was offered 20 dollars discount out of the 75 dollar rate, on top of that we gave them free ride to the Port an additional 12 dollars, 15 dollars free ride from the airport. So you technically paid $25 dollars for your room with breakfast. But my point is this, maybe your upsetness came because you did not tell your companion you were trying to save a lot of money as everyone always wants, but still you were expecting Embassy Suites service. It always happens, I had express my word to the whole world that we are not a fancy hotel or luxury, if you can understand to be in a old key west experience budget facility, check our web page and just use the big hotels next time, we understand our world and we will serve only the people who can not have an opportunity to spend 200 dollars a night.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The hotel is in a very good location for walking to the water taxi and to Total Wines and More. The rooms are in ok condition, but not a fancy place with little amenities. However, the staff is very friendly and put out a really strong effort to make things good. The free breakfast is just coffee and cold cereal. Not even any rolls or muffins. The swimming pool is very nice. But, no ice machine. I was really stupid and made reservations for the wrong month (Sept instead of Oct). The owner was really exceptional in not charging a no show fee when the mistake was discovered. This is a good stay if you are not looking for 4 star hotel along and not wanting to pay higher prices.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
virginia
Reviewed 21 August 2013

It was easy to make a reservation, they have a free shuttle from the airport (literally waited maybe 10 minutes), the room was adequate, with a little kitchenette and full bathroom. The hotel is located within a short walk to a grocery store, liquor store, restaurants and if you walk a block to the main road, you can catch the Sun Trolley for .50 a person, which will take you down to the beach or to the mall, you just flag them down, hop on and pull the cord when you are ready to get off. The staff was super friendly and helpful. There is a pool, and the grounds were really pretty, also there is breakfast in the morning. It's not a 5 star hotel so as long as you are ok to expect a basic room you will not be disappointed. Would stay here again before or after a cruise!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank VAkrf
Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 July 2013

David N
My wife Christine and I spent a week at this hotel. Great Place!!!! Room was fantastic, very clean, bright and spacious. gardens were beautiful and maintained daily. Has all the amenities you could ever need. Great breakfast as well. Perfect place for a romantic getaway!
Can't say enough good about the staff at this hotel! Anything you asked for day or night it was there. The hotel is centrally located to everything, so much to do and if you don't have a way there, no worries, they will take you. The owner, Jorge is one of the nicest persons you would ever want to meet and genuinely cares about his guests and there stay with him and his staff.
If you are traveling or live in the area and just want to getaway, we highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChristineCosenza
West Sacramento, California
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights before going on a cruise. The pick-up from the airport was prompt and friendly. The room was basic and no frills but was clean, quiet and had all the amenities needed. The breakfast was adequate. The staff was friendly. The shuttle to the cruise port was quick. The location of the hotel is great. We were within walking distance of the liquor store (even when carrying a case of wine), restaurants, a grocery store and other shopping. We have stayed many times in Fort Lauderdale and have paid a lot more for a lot less hotel. This hotel is not the Marriott but the price is right and we will stay here again prior to a future cruise.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank paulwestsac
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days with my husband and kids and we had the best experience of our lives . The owner of the hotel was very friendly even offer us a ride to the beach which he had no need to do so. the housekeeping ladies were on time with our request i had no problems whats soever And they were also very friendly people staying there they will cook BBQ and offer it to my family and the restaurants near by we're also walking distance had no need to rent a car you can catch the sun trolley and it will take you pretty much everywhere I would definitely recommended this pace to friends and family is not a 5 star hotel but is adequate for the price you paying thank you so much bridge at Cordova

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Maria G
Southend-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We arrived late and went out to get some food returning about 11.00 & went straight to bed for an early start in the morning. The room was very hot, & although the aircon was on, it was not working. I went down to reception but could not raise anyone to help us. We were very uncomfortable over night due to the heat and the cockroach in the bathroom didn't help. In the morning I said to my husband that I must have been bitten by mosquito's the night before as I was covered in bites. I was horrified to see when I turned back the bed that I had been sharing it with beg bugs and the sheets were covered with spots of my blood. I complained at reception the following morning, the host apologised and offered me a refund. He went away with my credit card details and said he had refunded to my card. When I returned home, of course he had not done so. We booked the Captain's Quarters Suite, which was basic, tatty and not somewhere I would spend more than one night. I do not know what boutique means in this context, but if it means small, scruffy and dirty, it would be an adequate description!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Lynn H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#71 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#36 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort La...
#40 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#54 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!