I have an open mind when travelling - this is an honest review. THIS PLACE IS TOTALLY DISGUSTING. ADVISE TO STAY AWAY
1. very unclean and dirty from the bathroom, floors, bedding etc etc. slept with sarong on bed and own towel over pillow. i dont mind old bedlinen etc but DIRTY - there is no excuse
2. security is poor - rubbish lock on door, poor lighting, no one seems tocare whom comes and goes
3. public areas also very dirty with rubbish etc. there were two dogs in reception owned by an employee. GET THIS - one of them had VOMITED on the sofa in reception and just left there, not cleaned up in the hour i was there! WTF!
4. the dogs STINK - the reception area was messy, smelly and dirty
5. nowhere safe to store luggage
6. room had infestation of ANTS. told reception and they said they didnt. my partner pointed out they must have known as they had laid out ant traps in the room so staff LIE here too
7. free shuttle - in a beat up bus full of rubbish - hardly professional
the list goes on.........
arrived late, ft lauderdale booked out for boat convention so had no choice to stay the night but NEVER EVER AGAIN! it is not hard to get the basics right - CLEANILNESS! this place should be ashamed to use the word BOUTIQUE and HOTEL. it is neither. i have backpacked across the world paying as little as £2 in fiji for a hostel room that far surpassed the Bridge at Cordova.
this is not an over the top review- and not opinion either, it is the truth.
complained and got $20 refund, or so we thought. receptionist (if u can call her that) swiped cash card twice, took extra $20 herself and then refunded it so actually got no refund at all.
interestingly i have read all the reviews on here since posting mine. bad bad reviews scattered amongst the good, but trust the bad reviews folks they are true. i am interested to see if the manager etc responds as he has to previous bad reviews as all he seems to do is make excuses and attack the reviewer.
now time for a wash as i feel all dirty!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Key West experience in Ft Lauderdale.We weekly cater dozens of people coming to the convention center only 8 minutes walking away and people using Port Everglades on their way to cruises who use our property as a bridge; The rooms are spacious with their own bathroom, kitchenette, patio, plasma TV and on top of that breakfast and transportation included. Were are a family small budget hotel with 22 suites with jacuzzi surrounded by 40 restaurants, convenience stores, water taxi, shopping center, all walking distance. The beach is only 8 minutes away by bus, plenty of transportation. Port Everglades is only 4 minutes away and there is a fee of $6.00 per person. It will be a pleasure to prove my word as owner of this property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bridge At Cordova Hotel Fort Lauderdale