“I liked”

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I've stayed here multiple times when I travel to Fort Lauderdale for business. I picked it because of it's location and proximity to the Lauderdale Beach, and ease of access to the Port and Airport. The rate was right for the room I would consider above average for the price. Had a nice room overlooking the pool area which was very nice and surprisingly quiet considering the proximity to the road. There was a supermarket close by which came in very handy. Plenty of restaurants walking distance. The staff was very helpful with me at all times. Jorge the owner overall has done a great job with his property over the years and always makes me feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Wow, where do we start! We have just stayed at the Hotel for 5 days
before we go on a cruise and have
We arrived late from our flight so our first experience was continental breakfast, that is where we met the morning manager Darren, he was the stand out member of staff who ensured that nothing was too much trouble, you are a credit to this hotel Darren. We had breakfast every morning,

From every aspect the service was great, from breakfast, to Barry who helped us out a few times, (especially the lady who opened the doors with a friendly smile), and to Darren the Assistant Manager!. Ps thank you for the Strawberries with chocolate they were delicious! Finally to our lovely maid Lesbia, the room was always immaculate, thank you!
Wow, where do we start! We have just stayed at the Hotel for 5 days before we go on a cruise and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff are very friendly with nothing too much trouble.

So the Bridge at Cordova, we will recommend you to all our friends and family, if others receive the same service we did then you will
be full all the time. We very much look forward to our next visit.
will recommend you to all our friends and family, if others receive the same service we did then you will be full all the time. We very much look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Any one who has rated this place a good could not have actually been three. This place in really sad. They have family and friends running around making all sorts of noise and doing dumb things. I was asked for. Change 2 times while I was waiting to get the room I was told was going to be ready at 2:30 and wasn't until almost 4.

There were ants in the room, holes in the walls, cracked tiles and the plumbing was all goofed up in the shower. The bed was dirty (had hair in it) and uncomfortable. The pillows were literally like laying on rocks. They don't have deadbolts on the doors and the doors don't even close properly. There was about a 3 inch gap at the top of the door where bugs could get in, I plugged it up with a was cloth.

Overall, I would recommend staying somewhere else even if it's inconvenient to drive farther. I didn't feel safe here at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Geoffrey21
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have an open mind when travelling - this is an honest review. THIS PLACE IS TOTALLY DISGUSTING. ADVISE TO STAY AWAY
Issues being
1. very unclean and dirty from the bathroom, floors, bedding etc etc. slept with sarong on bed and own towel over pillow. i dont mind old bedlinen etc but DIRTY - there is no excuse
2. security is poor - rubbish lock on door, poor lighting, no one seems tocare whom comes and goes
3. public areas also very dirty with rubbish etc. there were two dogs in reception owned by an employee. GET THIS - one of them had VOMITED on the sofa in reception and just left there, not cleaned up in the hour i was there! WTF!
4. the dogs STINK - the reception area was messy, smelly and dirty
5. nowhere safe to store luggage
6. room had infestation of ANTS. told reception and they said they didnt. my partner pointed out they must have known as they had laid out ant traps in the room so staff LIE here too
7. free shuttle - in a beat up bus full of rubbish - hardly professional
the list goes on.........

arrived late, ft lauderdale booked out for boat convention so had no choice to stay the night but NEVER EVER AGAIN! it is not hard to get the basics right - CLEANILNESS! this place should be ashamed to use the word BOUTIQUE and HOTEL. it is neither. i have backpacked across the world paying as little as £2 in fiji for a hostel room that far surpassed the Bridge at Cordova.

this is not an over the top review- and not opinion either, it is the truth.

complained and got $20 refund, or so we thought. receptionist (if u can call her that) swiped cash card twice, took extra $20 herself and then refunded it so actually got no refund at all.

interestingly i have read all the reviews on here since posting mine. bad bad reviews scattered amongst the good, but trust the bad reviews folks they are true. i am interested to see if the manager etc responds as he has to previous bad reviews as all he seems to do is make excuses and attack the reviewer.

now time for a wash as i feel all dirty!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank la B
travelsmartone, Owner at The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

So many people had ask me to respond to this review, as I don't usually do even to the great quantity of people who express their gratitude for our service, and it is because I recognize many of the great reviews are made by the family service that we do and no because our building. My building is old Yes, In this case I have to respond and I tell you why. This couple came in a very special low rate we still give them the same rooms as everyone else, as he came complaining about several things we identify a character of personality that we really we will not like to cater, playing RICH, as he mentioned I need some retribution of what I paid, he was offered 20 dollars discount out of the 75 dollar rate, on top of that we gave them free ride to the Port an additional 12 dollars, 15 dollars free ride from the airport. So you technically paid $25 dollars for your room with breakfast. But my point is this, maybe your upsetness came because you did not tell your companion you were trying to save a lot of money as everyone always wants, but still you were expecting Embassy Suites service. It always happens, I had express my word to the whole world that we are not a fancy hotel or luxury, if you can understand to be in a old key west experience budget facility, check our web page and just use the big hotels next time, we understand our world and we will serve only the people who can not have an opportunity to spend 200 dollars a night.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The hotel is in a very good location for walking to the water taxi and to Total Wines and More. The rooms are in ok condition, but not a fancy place with little amenities. However, the staff is very friendly and put out a really strong effort to make things good. The free breakfast is just coffee and cold cereal. Not even any rolls or muffins. The swimming pool is very nice. But, no ice machine. I was really stupid and made reservations for the wrong month (Sept instead of Oct). The owner was really exceptional in not charging a no show fee when the mistake was discovered. This is a good stay if you are not looking for 4 star hotel along and not wanting to pay higher prices.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

It was easy to make a reservation, they have a free shuttle from the airport (literally waited maybe 10 minutes), the room was adequate, with a little kitchenette and full bathroom. The hotel is located within a short walk to a grocery store, liquor store, restaurants and if you walk a block to the main road, you can catch the Sun Trolley for .50 a person, which will take you down to the beach or to the mall, you just flag them down, hop on and pull the cord when you are ready to get off. The staff was super friendly and helpful. There is a pool, and the grounds were really pretty, also there is breakfast in the morning. It's not a 5 star hotel so as long as you are ok to expect a basic room you will not be disappointed. Would stay here again before or after a cruise!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank VAkrf
Reviewed 27 July 2013

David N
My wife Christine and I spent a week at this hotel. Great Place!!!! Room was fantastic, very clean, bright and spacious. gardens were beautiful and maintained daily. Has all the amenities you could ever need. Great breakfast as well. Perfect place for a romantic getaway!
Can't say enough good about the staff at this hotel! Anything you asked for day or night it was there. The hotel is centrally located to everything, so much to do and if you don't have a way there, no worries, they will take you. The owner, Jorge is one of the nicest persons you would ever want to meet and genuinely cares about his guests and there stay with him and his staff.
If you are traveling or live in the area and just want to getaway, we highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChristineCosenza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#70 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#32 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort La...
#38 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!