“Short stay at The Bridge at Cordova”

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great experience. Good rooms and enjoyable breakfast at the pool. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend The Bridge for anybody wanting reasonably priced accomodation with great atmosphere away from the usual travel inns.

Eddie

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 November 2013

A group of family members flew into Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise. We wanted to find a place to stay that was convenient to the cruise port but also reasonably priced since we had blown our meager budget on the cruise. We researched Trip Advisor and decided to book a night at the Bridge of Cordova. I noticed that the reviews were all over the place but I did notice some trends. The folks that didn’t like it appeared to be under the impression that this was sold as a 5-star hotel. The Cordova is not the Hilton, but to be honest, I am glad it isn’t. Since this was the start of our vacation, we weren’t interested in a cookie-cutter establishment. What we found is a nice family owned hotel. We were first greeted by what I presume are the children of the owner. They were very nice and took us to our room. The room was clean and comfortable. What we really liked was the laid back atmosphere. The landscaping was spectacular and the staff very personable. I really loved the dogs that others complained about. They were very affectionate and cute! For those who said there were bed bugs, we did not encounter any. I also ask you to check the “bed bug registry” (yes it does exist). I think you will be surprised to learn that there are many high end hotels on there (just an FYI, Cordova was not on the list). Unfortunately, bed bugs are extremely common in hotels (at all price points), all over the country because of the frequency of international travel.

The Bridge of Cordova is a niche market hotel. It caters to those looking for a pleasant place to stay at a reasonable price. For me it succeeded on both counts!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gus4evr
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while moving from one place to the other. There are several reasons why I liked this place...

I. Location - No doubt to me that this was the main reason I liked this place so much. You are in a centrally located area near downtown Fort Lauderdale with everything imaginable at a walking distance. Supermarkets, Liquor Stores, Restaurants, City Bus, Beach ( close ), Harbor Mall and many other places.

II. Facility - Large pool hangout area. People socialize there and hang out. They serve breakfast and coffee in the morning. Lobby is also a hangout area of some sort. Kitchen, fridge also available in the lobby.

III. Staff - They were helpful whenever I needed something.

IV. Rooms - I paid for the shared room. $30 plus tax per night. Room fits two people. Nothing out of this world but unbeatable for the price specially around the area this hotel is.

I would definitely stay here again and probably will later on in the future. The price is right and the location is unbeatable. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SoLaras
Reviewed 22 November 2013

For a relaxing weekend near the beach in Ft. Lauderdale after inquiring about rates in a few other hotels in the area we end up with the bridge at Cordova which wasn’t bad at all.

This property isn’t a five star hotel but the owner and his team make it just perfect, free Wi-Fi and our room although simple was very clean and had a microwave, toaster and full size refrigerator.

We will definitely be back to Bridge at Cordova as the room rates and accommodations make for a nice affordable beach escape in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria B
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I've stayed here multiple times when I travel to Fort Lauderdale for business. I picked it because of it's location and proximity to the Lauderdale Beach, and ease of access to the Port and Airport. The rate was right for the room I would consider above average for the price. Had a nice room overlooking the pool area which was very nice and surprisingly quiet considering the proximity to the road. There was a supermarket close by which came in very handy. Plenty of restaurants walking distance. The staff was very helpful with me at all times. Jorge the owner overall has done a great job with his property over the years and always makes me feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Wow, where do we start! We have just stayed at the Hotel for 5 days
before we go on a cruise and have
We arrived late from our flight so our first experience was continental breakfast, that is where we met the morning manager Darren, he was the stand out member of staff who ensured that nothing was too much trouble, you are a credit to this hotel Darren. We had breakfast every morning,

From every aspect the service was great, from breakfast, to Barry who helped us out a few times, (especially the lady who opened the doors with a friendly smile), and to Darren the Assistant Manager!. Ps thank you for the Strawberries with chocolate they were delicious! Finally to our lovely maid Lesbia, the room was always immaculate, thank you!
Wow, where do we start! We have just stayed at the Hotel for 5 days before we go on a cruise and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff are very friendly with nothing too much trouble.

So the Bridge at Cordova, we will recommend you to all our friends and family, if others receive the same service we did then you will
be full all the time. We very much look forward to our next visit.
will recommend you to all our friends and family, if others receive the same service we did then you will be full all the time. We very much look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Any one who has rated this place a good could not have actually been three. This place in really sad. They have family and friends running around making all sorts of noise and doing dumb things. I was asked for. Change 2 times while I was waiting to get the room I was told was going to be ready at 2:30 and wasn't until almost 4.

There were ants in the room, holes in the walls, cracked tiles and the plumbing was all goofed up in the shower. The bed was dirty (had hair in it) and uncomfortable. The pillows were literally like laying on rocks. They don't have deadbolts on the doors and the doors don't even close properly. There was about a 3 inch gap at the top of the door where bugs could get in, I plugged it up with a was cloth.

Overall, I would recommend staying somewhere else even if it's inconvenient to drive farther. I didn't feel safe here at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Geoffrey21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#69 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Super 8 Dania Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!