“Stay away!”

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
Toronto, Canada
“Stay away!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We booked this hotel to stay a couple of days after our ship cruise in December of 2013. We checked in at about 8PM. The room was terribly dirty, like never been cleaned. Lots of dust everywhere, the window screen was completely clogged with dust and not transparent. The smell from the washroom was poisoning the entire room. The bed sheets look like have not been changed from the previous tenant. We found dirty spots on them and hairs. After I asked the owner to give us a couple of new bed sheets, he said, Well, if you are not happy, then I will give you full refund! Even after I said I am not asking for a refund, and need only a couple of clean sheets, he still refunded us the amount we paid and kicked us out at 9PM. We had no other reservation obviously, and it was very difficult to find another place around as it was December 28th, and all hotels were booked. The guy knew what he was doing.
This was a terrible experience for my family, and I will never ever book a cheap place like this again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Constantine K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Will you negative people read between the lines, please!
It is $85 for a room, a lift from the airport and breakfast.[This is per couple]. The coffee is good, the bread is bread, butter, jam, cereal, fresh fruit, yes, bananas are fruit. The company around the pool when eating breakfast is interesting, if you can't be bothered to mingle, it is not compulsory, go back to your room to eat. For $6.00 you get a reliable lift to the airport.
Yes, the rooms are a bit underwhelming and I would not be recommending a trip of a lifetime there or a honeymoon, but as the man says it is a stroll away from supermarkets and restaurants and I know the staff will be there for me, be it a hairdryer or security.

Room Tip: If you want peanut butter for breakfast take your own.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank seti5
Rocklin, California
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I read great reviews so figured this hotel would be a fun place to stay. We were going on a cruist but wanted a few days in Fort Lauderdale. We got in late and the hotel sent someone to pick us up, which was great. That is where the great stopped. The hotel was built in the 40's or 50's and had not been well kept. The only thing good about our room was the bed. I give them that. The windows would not open, the shower was grungy, the floors had cracked and broken pieces of tile. There was a tiny kitchen that was unusable. There were no telephones in the room so we could not call the office when we had problems but had to walk to the office. Lucky, there were no emergencies. The whole place was dingy. They offered continental breakfast which had coffee and toast. There were always a lot of guys that hung out in front of the office. After speaking to someone about that we were told that they stay in the hostel part of the hotel, where they share rooms and baths. So it works well for those in between homes and those who work on ships etc. If you do decide to book with this hotel, make sure they don't charge your card until you have used the hotel. They charged our and our friends from the time we booked. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are many hotels in Fort Lauderdale that are much better and no more expensive than "The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank PuttieAnne
travelsmartone, Owner at The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
You are completely right, we are a small family operation without a bank or a CUSHION PILLOW with cash to invest, we don't have that, we are also old and more as many people looking for a hotel will be expecting. At the end it is always different in comparison to the big hotels. But here is my point of view, it is clear in my website who we are, a budget facility boutique hotel-hostel, we also called a cozy beach feeling or a key west experience, WE DO NOT WANT RICH PEOPLE or the people expecting a big corporation name. Yes you did read the reviews of other people, I had learn that there is a huge market of people who can not spend lots of money for a room in a nice hotel $200 no way, just silly to spend that, what other choices you have, you said there other many, not true we are in the middle of everything all hotels in these blocks are over 200 dollars, we are only $85, don't you see it, it is not only your reviews who count, also the large amount of people who certainly post reviews because they were thankful for what they received and helped them to save money, they loved to come to a home feeling service no to the big concrete hotels. Kudos for the ones who can pay big hotels but also for the ones who need to say money and have a safe place.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Don't go if you can afford a hotel. It's the more expensive of the crew houses around, but still the better. You risk getting bed bugs, the cleaning is more or less okay, the staff weirdos but friendly except for the owners daughter who's a rude princess not caring one bit about the costumers.

Wifi is good, security all right. Compared to the other crew houses around. Would have rated the bridge worse if I hadnt stayed a night at blue bells who is even worse! Writing a review on them in a minute..

Location is one of the better. Breakfast is worthless. Coffee is just black water. If you come as a yachtie, I'd stay here tho, if you can get a room without bedbugs. It's a cheaper weekly rent than bluebells and better quality.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 827Anonymous
travelsmartone, Owner at The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
This review was made by a crew member that we had before several times, every time there was a complication of over drinking and belligerence towards other crew staff, as you were requested to leave the property, HERE IT COMES your revenge, on top of that your desires to hurt financially my company is obvious by mention critters or bed bugs, that's is very low, as we do not have any at all. only people like you who are continuously in different hostels have the possibility to bring them and then we have to clean the property. We will be here.
Rosenheim, Germany
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great experience. Good rooms and enjoyable breakfast at the pool. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend The Bridge for anybody wanting reasonably priced accomodation with great atmosphere away from the usual travel inns.

Eddie

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Potomac Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

A group of family members flew into Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise. We wanted to find a place to stay that was convenient to the cruise port but also reasonably priced since we had blown our meager budget on the cruise. We researched Trip Advisor and decided to book a night at the Bridge of Cordova. I noticed that the reviews were all over the place but I did notice some trends. The folks that didn’t like it appeared to be under the impression that this was sold as a 5-star hotel. The Cordova is not the Hilton, but to be honest, I am glad it isn’t. Since this was the start of our vacation, we weren’t interested in a cookie-cutter establishment. What we found is a nice family owned hotel. We were first greeted by what I presume are the children of the owner. They were very nice and took us to our room. The room was clean and comfortable. What we really liked was the laid back atmosphere. The landscaping was spectacular and the staff very personable. I really loved the dogs that others complained about. They were very affectionate and cute! For those who said there were bed bugs, we did not encounter any. I also ask you to check the “bed bug registry” (yes it does exist). I think you will be surprised to learn that there are many high end hotels on there (just an FYI, Cordova was not on the list). Unfortunately, bed bugs are extremely common in hotels (at all price points), all over the country because of the frequency of international travel.

The Bridge of Cordova is a niche market hotel. It caters to those looking for a pleasant place to stay at a reasonable price. For me it succeeded on both counts!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gus4evr
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while moving from one place to the other. There are several reasons why I liked this place...

I. Location - No doubt to me that this was the main reason I liked this place so much. You are in a centrally located area near downtown Fort Lauderdale with everything imaginable at a walking distance. Supermarkets, Liquor Stores, Restaurants, City Bus, Beach ( close ), Harbor Mall and many other places.

II. Facility - Large pool hangout area. People socialize there and hang out. They serve breakfast and coffee in the morning. Lobby is also a hangout area of some sort. Kitchen, fridge also available in the lobby.

III. Staff - They were helpful whenever I needed something.

IV. Rooms - I paid for the shared room. $30 plus tax per night. Room fits two people. Nothing out of this world but unbeatable for the price specially around the area this hotel is.

I would definitely stay here again and probably will later on in the future. The price is right and the location is unbeatable. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SoLaras
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#76 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#35 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort La...
#40 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#54 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Hollywood/Airport South

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!