“Perfect place for perfect price with perfectly nice people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Perfect place for perfect price with perfectly nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

This place was more than we could have wished for! We spend the night @ bridge at cordova with the next morning going on a cruise to the bahama's. The owner, Jorge, was very kind to us. He told us how to get to fort lauderdale with public transportation coming from Miami, South Beach... he picked us up at the busstop, he even carried my girlfriend's bag. Check-in went quick and we were shown our room. For 55 dollar a night, we did not expect much... but we actually got a lot. Privacy, clean bed, bigash tv, good shower. Two grocery stores are very close, so we cooked our own dinner that night.

When we got back from the bahama's, we stayed another night @ bridge at cordova. Same room, perfect. Our large bags were stored for the time we were in the bahama's (free of charge). Breakfast next morning was good. Don't expect a perfect setting with candles and roses, but decent (and enough) food.

If I ever get back to fort lauderdale... i know where i'll stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Paterson, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

This was my second trip in one year to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I am currently a graduate student and I travel on a limited budget. For both trips, I stayed at the Cordova. During my first trip I stayed in a private room equipped with a mini efficiency kitchen for a full week. The room was clean,the bed very comfortable, and the owner, Jorge, was extremely warm and helpful. Due to the affordable cost and service, I decided to stay at the Cordova again for my second trip for two nights while I took a cruise to the Bahamas in between. The Cordova offered the same great service, and comfort. Jorge even went out of his way to pick up and drop me off at the airport. I recommend anyone on a fixed budget to give The Bridge at Cordova a try.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

First, allow me to qualify the above statement. I've stayed in Hostels all over the Globe; from Amsterdam to Japan and all over the U.S. from Alaska to Key West. The Manager, Jorge, has the faultless ability to read people well. This ability combined with an unwaveringly high sense of ethics has made The Bridge at Cordova the only Hostel in which to stay in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area.

For a safe, secure, economical, comfortable, relaxing, positive, hostel experience I only reccommend The Bridge at Cordova.

There are numerous supermarkets, retail stores, restaurants, and cafes within walking distance. It's a 10 minute bike ride to the beach, but above all else, the people are what make it a wonderfully memorable experience.

I see that there have been negative comments posted about this place and I strongly suspect other hostel owners in the area attempting to sabotage The Brige at Cordova's reputation...I had stayed at several before discovering The Bridge and I will never step foot in another. When I'm at The Bridge at Cordova....I'm home!

As an addendum: PLEASE don't mistake The Bridge at Chocolate with The Bridge at Cordova. That would be a dire mistake.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Fort Lauderdale, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

Wow, this is one of the worst places I have ever stayed in my life, I almost forgot what country I was in! What a disappointment. Lush tropical landscaping to attract you to the property, but don't be fooled, this place needs to be condemmed. Dead cockroaches greated us when we arrived, all plumbing in bathroom was dripping non stop making it hard to sleep. No exhaust fan or ventalation in bathroom made taking a hot shower a sweat bath. Old broken windows allowed mosquitos in all night long. Air conditioning was a noisy smelly window unit that wasn't installed correctly so small lizards could crawl through the cracks and get inside. Front door was infested with termites. Pool water was murky and looked like lemonade. Breakfast buffet was a joke, rotten fruits and spoiled milk. Mattress had to be 30+ years old. Only positive things was that they allow pets and the location was what I needed. I would never recommend this place to anyone I like.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jeeper440
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

Me and my husband, spent 3 days at this large family service hotel, which is not like a full service hotel and more like a bed and breakfast, they have breakfast every morning, not just the famous continental breakfast but more extended with cereal, fruits and other goodies, the rooms are really comfortable, with large TV, private bathroom, the location could not get better, close to everything and Port Everglades, where we took a trip for a day to the bahamas, there are restaurants around and supermarkets walking distance, the family who runs this business is always close to you asking what else can they do for you, which is great, I really recomment this property to all travelers who want to save a lot of money in this very expensive city of fort lauderdale. Lots of vegetation and greens and a nice pool.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

I am so grateful of the service we received at the Bridge at Cordova, wonderful staff, the rooms are clean and really budget wise, we spent 60 dollars for each private room with our private bathroom, plasma TV, our own kitchen, and on top of all breakfast was great. We did rent 2 rooms for 4 days, the hotel is a family service enviroment, very safe for the kids , they have many security cameras, the beach is very close, many buses will take you everywhere

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

I spend one full week in dorm room.....In comparision with other places, it is actually cheap and cost-effective.but cons are the cleaness and the service

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#78 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#30 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,108 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,169 reviews
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#53 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 bubbles 4,415 reviews
The Chocolate Five Star Hostel and Crew House
The Chocolate Five Star Hostel a...
#27 of 34 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!