“Great value in a Ft. Lauderdate hotel”

The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel
Reviewed 15 February 2011

We stayed at the Bridge a couple of nights before departing on a cruise. The Bridge includes free transfers to/from the airport. They even transferred us to/from the water taxi so that we could ride the taxi for sight seeing. We had a suite with a patio and patio table with chairs. The room had a flat screen TV, king sized bed, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, toaster and dishware. The bed was not the best but it was comfortable for sleeping. The floors were newly ceramic tiled and the walls were freshly painted. Not the Ritz but very comfortable especially for the price of $75 per night. The hotel has a hot tub and a universal weight machine.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anonymous60097

Reviewed 15 February 2011

Despite our flight being late and our arrival time was past the stated airport pick up time we Jorge still cheerfully came to get us at the airport, hoisting my bags into the van before I could lift a finger. he chatted along the short drive to the hotel, had everything ready, handed us a key and said "see you in morning" for the registration details. After a long flight this was very nice.
The next day we were able to notice how nice the location is, and how close it is to the ocean, shopping, amenities etc., and noted the bustling of staff working on upgrading the facility. Everything is not perfect, but what is at home? The pool and patio area is very nice and all of the staff are very helpful and genial.
I could go on about how much I enjoyed staying there with my daughter but suffice it to say that I will definitely go back. In fact, I paln to take another trip to Ft. Lauderdale next fall with my other daughter and will stay ant the Inn at Cordova.

Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 13 February 2011

My wife and I stayed one night before our cruise. Jorge picked us up from the Amtrak station, he's a friendly guy and made us feel very welcome. Our room was on the corner, it was quite comfortable and I slept well. The location is great, close to the port with restaurants and shops nearby. I don't think I could have got better value considering our rate included pick-up from the station, the nights stay and a basic breakfast. If you like cats there's a family of kittens there, one came into our room but was quite easily chased out, I think it was after some of our pizza.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2011

From my experience, here are the PROS :

* Free internet in-room
* Free breakfast, including cereals, bread and jam, orange juice, doughnuts, fruits
* Free transportation from the airport
* Friendly manager
* Very comfortable queen bed (I was in room K)
* 2 minutes walk from grocery, which is very convenient since there is a fridge in the room
* Fair price

Here are the CONS :

* The bathroom was not dirty per se, but definitely tired
* The walls are thin

Overall, if you are looking for a budget hotel (or a nice Hostel), The Bridge at Cordova is a fairly decent choice.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I have now stayed at the Bridge three times now. Every time I am down in Fort Lauderdale I'll just call up Jorge and get a place here. They have great rates and the location is perfect for airport/cruises/nightlife/food/etc.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed @ Cordova while my trip through Florida. They offer private rooms, dorms (very comfortable like ur own apartment) for families and business people; free breakfast+linen+towels, Wi-Fi; free pick up from the airport or trainstation....and many more - just check-out the homepage or "The Brdige At Cordova" at facebook..... The welcome was very warm and friendly. I had two nights then I moved on to the Bahamas - while my two night stay on Grand Bahamas Island I could let my big suitcase @ Cordova. I came back and had another night there....The beach is so close and great!!! ...ahhh it was very good, just enjoy it on your own!!!!

Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and we loved it!!!! From the moment you enter you will find-- a beautiful tropical environment, an extremely friendly manager and staff, the luxurious and refreshing looking pool, etc. We stayed in a "private room" and it was all we could ask for. The rooms are very clean and spacious with a beautiful tiled floor, separate kitchen, nice bathroom, and most of all a really nice outside patio area for you to enjoy in the morning over coffee or in the evening over drinks. This place makes you feel so secure because it is totally fenced in. Try it and you will love it!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#71 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#32 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort La...
#38 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Been to The Bridge at Cordova Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!