“Don't eat here unless at bar”
Review of Cafe Del Mar - CLOSED

Cafe Del Mar
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Beach
Sacramento
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't eat here unless at bar”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Don't eat here. maître d was a joke talking down on his staff in front of guest... No professionalism. We ordered meatballs and never got them, our server seemed overwhelmed had barley time to service our table and had no support staff. When we asked for our check we had to use our phone calculator to figure out the amount owed. Then no pen was provided or obtainable to sign our receipt , had to go to the bar and get a pen. Top it all off the bathroom attendant was staring me down as I washed my hands, and as I was done with my hands dripping he would not give me a towel until I tipped him. How was I suppose to reach into my pocket with a wet hand! Don't eat here!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ravinpatel1980

• Polish first
Tampa, Florida
“Should have been better!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The food was average tasting or worse! Service was bad!
The food presentation was good, but when the taste is bad......yuck.... As a semi pro dancer tje music & performance was average!

2 Thank Adventurer996
“Terrible!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I went for dinner at Cafe Del Mar, and I got the worse waiter and his name is Oscar H. We asked for an appetizer and he priced it triple its price. Check your bill and check it twice, because they sneak prices just so they can get a bigger tip. After paying, I waited for the change and he never got back. I have visited this restaurant every year on my vacation, and this was by far the worse service I have gotten. Will never go back!

• Visited July 2014
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Right by the sea”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Nice seafood restaurant. The menu has other options, salads, soups, chicken. We went for lunch, the service was good.

Visited July 2014
Worthing, United Kingdom
“On the Pavement”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was July 4th and they were very busy but the best table they could give us was right out front on the pavement! Because of where we were, there didn't seem to be a waiter allocated to us and we had to wait quite a long time to get served. The owner(?) seemed to like making a big show of being in charge while whistling at and ordering his waiters around while smoking a large cigar and making a big fuss of people who were presumably friends. My Calamari and Jumbo Shrimp Fra Diavolo had a nice and spicy tomato sauce but too much Calamari and too few Prawns while my wife's Rigatoni and Pollo Limone was perfectly OK but there wasn't too much evidence of the lemon and was very creamy, meaning that it was extremely filling and she didn't eat much of it. The meal was OK but being on the pavement I half expected a drunken passer by to help themselves to my drink or grab a piece of Calamari. Maybe having a different seat on a less busy evening would have given better results?

Visited July 2014