“We Stay here every year”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Lauderdale
The Merriweather Resort
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“We Stay here every year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We love this resort. We exchange through RCI every year and come to Fort Lauderdale, and the Merriweather is always our #1 choice. The location is more than ideal and the amenities (pool, courtyard, full kitchen, free parking) are great. An added bonus - we got to bring our small dog along! The beds are comfortable and the place overall is very well-kept. It is an outdoor hotel so the noise level can be high at times, but that does not bother us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
fortlaud1212, Manager at The Merriweather Resort, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
We are so happy that you like it here and come back often. Thanks so much for your review!! See you next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just to keep reminding people that if your looking for a great vacation spot then you've found it at the Merriweather. I've been going here since the late 1980's and have been a owner for since the early 1990's and have loved going there everyone always smiling when they see you arriving welcoming you to the resort. Mary Jo and Missy are always happy to you when you walk in the door. Have meet such a group of people for week 34 we sort of take over the resort, never a quite time that week but it's all in fun. Keep up the great work and I will be coming for many more years love the staff........

Room Tip: Any rooms are good you mostly just sleep in them anyway
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GiggyChicago
Thanks for reminding everyone how much you love it here!!! We look forward to seeing you next week 34! Have a safe and healthy holiday and new year!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Rodrigo - Santiago, Chile
Stayed at Merriweather for first time in early 90's and been back several times with all family and lately with my wife only, last stay for two weeks in August with our daughter.
The location is fantastic, the rooms are kept in top shape and maintenance is continuous. The place is no less than 45 years old but everything works like new and if there is any problem the ultra friendly staff headed by Mary-Jo whom we have known for years will solve it immediately.
Fresh towels and soap, etc are available in abundance and also beach chairs and umbrellas.
One day we had a problem with our A/C and we were given another room for that night to sleep until it was repaired next day.
The kitchen is fully equipped and we normally enjoy cooking our own meals there. Furniture is simple but comfortable enough.
Definitely will never look for another place to stay in Florida and will return as many times as possible.
Long life to The Merriweather Resort!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Rodrigo U
fortlaud1212, Manager at The Merriweather Resort, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
We can't thank you enough for your wonderful review. Thanks for taking the time to tell the world how you feel about our place. We are glad that after all of these years you are still staying with us. Hope to see you soon!
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is the second time we stayed at the Merriweather. This time for two nights. We arrived on a Saturday and the room was ready and, as mentioned many times before in other reviews, the room was clean and tidy with lots of space! Two televisions, a place to put your I pod and a DVD player were in our room. The A/C was wonderfully cool. Yes, maybe the furniture wasn't the latest style from the Miami Design District but it is beach appropriate and extremely comfortable. The bed was perfect with lots of lights for reading . There was plenty of soap and towels in the bathroom. We were glad for the full kitchen so we could toast up a bagel, have coffee in the am and reheat our leftovers-the kitchen had everything you needed, My idea of a resort is a getaway to a beautiful place with nice views and ocean breezes. I don't need all that [--] from a corporate chain place and that is why i stay here. ( I have my own shampoo,thank you). Thanks to Mary Jo for her care and customer service extraordinare:
we enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of the Merriweather Resort!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JudyJetsonFla
We are so happy that you consider us your Home Away From Home! You are always welcome here and we look forward to having you here soon. Thanks for your wonderful review!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed @ the  Merriweather as my son was recuperating from recent surgery & we were thoroughly impressed with the resort, its cleanliness, the location, the food,the beautiful pool and especially the very friendly staff. Special call out for Mary Jo she works hard and was extremely friendly with everyoneWe will be back again and highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tadditon
fortlaud1212, Manager at The Merriweather Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
We hope your son has recuperated fully. I'm sure it was nice for him to be beachside during his recovery. Wishing you many years of excellent health and safe travels back to The Merriweather!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at The Merriweather for eight days while I cared for a foster dog called Hanna. We had a blast!!! Let's start with the room. It was extremely clean, comfortable, spacious, quiet and peacful. The hurricane windows ensured that outside noices were kept to a minimum. Hanna could run around the room and lay where ever she pleased as sheets were put on the furniture for her convenience, I thought that was so very thoughful of the manager :).. When I laid down to sleep I thought I was on a cloud...what a comfortable bed and pillows. I has lots of room for my clothes as I tend to pack a little heavy. There were a couple minor things that came up and were promptly and efficiently handled by the manager.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I was greeted with a big hello and friendly smile each and every morning! The resort is such a pet friendly place they have their own pets on site. One of the cats, Wunder, passed away a couple days after Hanna and I left, how sad. I am so happy I got to meet Wunder and spend some quality time with her while I was there as her health was declining at the time.
If you or someone you know is looking for a PRIZE WINNING vacation spot in Fort Lauderdale don't miss this one. Your vacation will be a memorable one! Steps from the beach is just another plus.
Thank you Mary Jo and your wonderful staff for making my stay at The Merriweather Resort one I will not forget.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank mary o
Thanks so much for your wonderful and informative review of The Merriweather. We are also glad you were able to spend some time with Wunder before she passed. She was a lovely office kitty who will be dearly missed. We're also thankful for your help with the foster dog Hanna. I'm so happy both of you enjoyed it here and we very much look forward to having you here again!
Sunrise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

The staff and the service was just awesome. What a great experience. I've used the Merriweather for vacation in the past and we recommend it to anyone that would like to have a wonderful experience. I enjoyed the clean room the majestic view and the friendly staff. Their dog Pia was just delicious. She made our stay even better than expected.

Shirley Gil

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
We have been called many things but never Bomb Diggity! I must say I LOVE IT!
We look forward to seeing you again!