“RUN! Complete Dump”

The Merriweather Resort
Reviewed 16 September 2008

I gotta agree w/ the one star rating from NJ. RCI should really be ashamed having this listed as a timeshare resort. This place reminds me of a Super 8 or Motel 6 w/ a kitchen combo. The back alley sign is really hard to find this place. The pool is so small reminds me of something someone would have in their yard circa early 90s/ late 80s. And the parking lot reminds me of sardines in a can.

The kicker was when my fiance and his father went to try and check in and saw 3 Rotts in the lobby area w/ food and dishes around them it just looked very unsanitary. And I'm a pet owner and lover but this place is a dump, I wouldn't even bring my own 2 dogs here.

Fiance's father wasn't having it. We NEVER checked it, and he called RCI let them know he wasn't pleased and we were bumped up/ into Palm Beach Shores and had a really nice stay .

Only plus about this place is the beach across the street (and good luck crossing b/c it is a very busy street!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank Lil_Bunny84
There are newer reviews for The Merriweather Resort

Reviewed 22 August 2008

My name is swede from Philadelphia Pa. this is about the six time I've stayed here; I found my stay to be a total joy! The view and location is perfect. Everything that I needed was tended too. Kept very clean and they were mindful around my activities. The women running the Merriweather Mary-Jo I think, was fantastic to deal with reservations, stay and knowledge of the area-everything.

swedenuk@yahoo.com

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank PhiladelphiaSwedenuk
Reviewed 14 November 2007

My name is Kim Diamond and my husband and I have been staying at the Merriweather Resort for almost 20 odd years, and we do not wish to stay anywhere else. The place is so nice, clean, and the staff is so friendly, helpful and have become like a family when we are there. Mary Jo is the Merriweather Resort, she runs a tight ship and is so accomodating at the same time. Mary Jo has gone above and beyond her call of duty to please each and every guest that is staying at the Merriweather. We cannot say enough about this place. We are extremely satisfied with each and every time we stay , which last year we were able to visit 5 times. Thank-You Mary-Jo for being such a great person. Love Kim and Tom

1  Thank lynn_MaKimba
Reviewed 30 September 2007

I have been to other condo's in the area, hands down, the Merriweather is the best. Its small, close to action for all ages, the staff is great, the rooms are clean and spacious and the pool is clean. The place is never crowded and the beach, is unsurpassed in the U.S. Great times.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2007

We stayed in the penthouse suite for 4d/3n. It was absolutely awesome. The room was superclean, and the staff was super nice and helpful. The views from both of our balconies was breathtaking. Very convenient to nearby restaraunts and clubs. Will definitely stay again!!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2007

Have friends that live in Ft. Lauderdale but decided to spend one night at the beach by ourselves. We chose the Merriweather beacause of it's location, which is great. In walking distance to bars and restaurants and right across from the beach. The hotel itself is very nice and clean. A litlle dated but perfect for a couple of nights. There are dogs and cats that are roming around that belong to the staff but my husband and I felt that was a plus, we're dog lovers and we were missing ours. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. We loved the place because it has a homey feeling. We will definately stay there next time we go back.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2007

This is a location exclusively for pet owners to vacation at the beach. A week long sleepless vacation spent with dogs barking and howling at the moon convinced us never to return. Mary Jo, the property manager, suggested we needed to understand that the guests who were with their dogs were timeshare owners and not just paying guests. That distinction is lost on me as we had every bit as much right to an enjoyable vacation as they did. Her solution: Get used to it.
Additionally other guests were allowed to park in more than their allotted one space. Some using up to three meaning there was not enough parking to go around. We were left with alley way parking on more than one occasion resulting in our being awakened at 7AM to move our "illegally parked" single vehicle. Definitely take a pass on this place.

Stayed: January 2007