“Fun times!”

Villa Venice Men's Resort
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My partner and I just returned from another fun stay at the Worthington/Alcazar/Villa Venice resort. This is our seventh trip to this resort complex. It is always a casual, comfortable and fun time with an interesting group of men from across the US and around the world. We highly recommend the Villa Venice section of the resort as it's our favorite of the three sections. But no matter what, you can't go wrong with a visit to the Worthington/Alcazar/Villa Venice resort!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor, corner room at the Villa Venice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our second stay here - as good if nit better than first and looking forward to coming back. Enjoy the mix of new people and return guests. The pool water was like bath water and very nice to enjoy breakfast outside on the table

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We came down for Halloween and had a fantastic time. The resort was immaculate. The staff was very efficient, friendly and helpful. Pools were very nice. Happy hour was great. Nice variety of food and drinks. We will definitely stay here again. Great location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I returned to the Villa Venice for 4 nights. My first visit was in June, 2013. I have stayed at the Worthington before as well. I enjoyed my state at the Villa immensely. The staff is friendly, the room is clean and well appointed for the price point. I like the convenience of the pool, hot tub and the breakfast facility. The housekeeping staff is also, friendly and accommodating.
I prefer the Villa Venice because you feel somewhat secluded but with the benefits that the facility offers. Since it is a clothing optional facility you will expect some "activity", however the Worthington side appears to be the most active.
The front desk staff are friendly and helpful. Rich by far is the most helpful and professional.
I have stayed at other facilities in the area but this will always be my choice. Other facilities seem to offer the "gay attitude" which I will not tolerate nor am I willing to pay to receive.
I hope to visit again soon!

Room Tip: Room 24 or 14 Villa Venice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank michael p
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This place is awesome. This was at least my 26th stay at this property and I will not stay anywhere else at a gay men's resort in ort Lauderdale. The staff at the front desk at incredible as well as the housekeeping staff. Had a great time with friendly people at all times.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jimmy P
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My partner and I second stay at the resort, first stayed at the Worthington location and this past August we chose to reserve at the Villa venice location, no matter which location you choose you'll enjoy your visit! Well maintained, cleaning and room serviced EACH DAY and clean towels. Saturday's they have 4-6pm cocktail party with dj, office always manned by personnel. Decent continental breakfast each morning from 8:30-10:30AM.
As a comparison, we've stayed at several of the area's gay resorts, some are more racy/fun (wink, wink) but do you need to have that going on every minute of your stay? Not to say the place is not "frisky" at times, usually late :). Anyway, we've discoverd this as our place of choice for our stays, prices are fair for what your get.

Room Tip: We rate the three buldings at the resort as follows: Villa Venice(nicer rooms), Worthington(Nice ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JayCee R
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed five nights and payed over $ 1000 for a so called "Junior Suite": a normal room with a small kitchen, but no seperate living room or at least a sofa. No premium TV-Channels and very poor breakfast. No social hour.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank George456515
Jim D, Owner at Villa Venice Men's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Very starnge "George", we did not have any 5 night bookings in a Jr. Suite in the first 9 days of October. You wrote review on 10/09/13, stated you stayed there in October 2013.