“Great hotel, great staff, great location!”

Royal Palms Resort & Spa
Ranked #57 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
London, England
“Great hotel, great staff, great location!”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Had a really enjoyable stay in Royal Palms. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful - particularly Hamilton on reception. The rooms were top notch - clean and well styled - with a particular abundance of towels - and were much more impressive than the Hilton in Miami we stayed at later! The gym/ fitness room, although small, was also really useful with everything I needed. Location wise, it's a 100 yard walk to the beach and at the right end of Ocean Blvd to be able to get to Wilton Manors. For anyone not interested in the 'clothing optional' aspects - then fret not as they have 2 pools which is a great idea! All in all, highly recommended and will be staying here again soon!

Room Tip: My friend and I stayed in a twin room with 2 queen sized beds - which was great and very spacious!
1 Thank PJB748
RichardGray, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
Thank you for your kind words. Each and every day, we strive to be the best value and the best hotel. Our staff is committed to making your stay exceptional at every turn. I will pass your compliment to Hamilton. He truly is a shining star on our staff. We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2011

During my vacation I decided to take a trip to Fort Lauderdale. I've stayed at most of the guest house before but decided to try out the new ROYAL PALM. It was honestly one of the best experiences I've had to date. From the town I checked in the staff was friendly,engaging and helpful. Phillip of the front desk gave me a tour of the resort. The look of the resort is refreshing and stylish. After a brief nap I headed to GG"S. Not only was Chef Alan's food delicious but well presented,great price and the staff was sincere very friendly. The common areas are well kept and all the staff from housekeeping to front desk are always willing to assist with a smile. My stay was one of the best and would recommend the resort to anyone. Cheers

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Nyc1523
RichardGray, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
Thank you for your kind words. Our goal is that all our guests feel like royalty during their stay with us. Philip and the staff are amazing at making you feel right at home and combined with Chef Alan and his staff, the possibilities are endless. We feel like we have a winning combination and look forward to exceeding your expectations on your return visits with us.
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Personal is extremely polite and friendly. The outside bar is a great place to meet people. We are coming back in Nov. and Feb.

1 Thank GeraldHe
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide the utmost in service and value to our guests. We are anxiously awaiting your return visits.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2011

my partner and i, highly recommended the royal palms .we are usually stayed in south beach but this time we try to cut the budget and we weren't disappointed.The rates was very raisonnable ,the service was like a four or five star hotel!!the hotel staff was very very kind , very accommodate and highly attentione.The room was very clean with enough natural light .The pool area is the best spot to hangout and trying the food menu who was very delicious with a very nice presentation!!great cocktails btw!!!the breackfast was delicious .OUR stay was over our expectations.THe decor is done as perfection!!very sexy,clean.trendy with no attitudes!!!cant wait to going back!!!thank you to all the staff of the royal palms for making our trip wonderful!!!forgot to tell about the shower!!!amazing!!

Room Tip: we stay in the room 1104 by the pool and we couldn't hear any noise.Room 1212,1302 have an ocean...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ti2f
Rp3127, General Manager at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
ti2f ,
Wow, we are so happy you choose to stay with us rather then go to South Beach. This means a lot to us and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to showcase our beautiful resort. We are happy we did not disappoint ! We are so thankful for you and we value you taking time to leave us this glowing review. By the way , your pictures are amazing !! We thank you again for making the Royal Palms your new home away from home. Keep in touch , as we are now offering monthly specials and big events ! See you soon !

Philip LaFond
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Well, look no further. The new Royal Palms Resort and Spa, is simply the nicest resort at the Fort Lauderdale beach. From the time you arrive, you begin the experiencing the old Florida with a beautifully laid out Art Deco building. I arrived early evening, so the neon lights against the building reminded me of my family trips to Miami. It brought back so many wonderful memories...

The front desk team was terrific! They had been anticipating my arrival and the registration process was very smooth and processed by Phillip. I must say, I was very impressed with this young man. He has the skills of a manager from the finest hotels. His attention to detail and care were superior from the time I stepped into the Royal Palms. Phillip guided me towards my room and along the way gave me a tour of the entire facility. And, what a facility, my friends! They did go all out and created a wonderful place to visit. I should say originally I had no plans for spa treatment, but once Phillip took me there and introduced me to the friendly staff I came back for a wonderful massage. Throughout my stay, the staff went out of their way to make me comfortable and were quick to respond to any inquiries. What I also liked was the fact that everything was new; rooms, beds, showers, pools, restaurant, spa, etc. I left after five nights and will certainly return. Moreover, as I was leaving towards the airport, the taxi driver was running late and I was worried about the airport check-in Phillip senses my uneasiness and puts in place a back up plan. Fortunately, we did not need to go with plan B. However, I did appreciate his willingness to try. As the taxi drove way, I had the feeling I would be seeing this place again very soon...

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room in front of the pool which is closest to the entrance. However, if you prefer...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank CM_Marco
RichardGray, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
We very much appreciate your stay with us. Our goal is to provide every guest with superior service and lodgings. I will pass along your kind words to Philip. We are very proud of this amazing young man and are glad to have him as a part of The Royal Palms Family. As always, we will await your return and continue to provide the very best in service and value.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Even though it was a short stay, the RP had everything one could ask for. Only left to go out to dinner. The chilled eucaliptus towels were a welcome treat for the HOT weather. The rooms are spacious and emaculate. All of the staff are accomodating and curteous. Have recommended it highly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rtgar00
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate having been a part of your time here in Fort Lauderdale and look forward to your return in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I was looking for a modern resort with excellent service, massage, and quiet/laid back atmosphere. I found it here! Granted, I visited in off-season, so I would expect a very vibrant GLBT scene in peak times. I was happy to have a more relaxing and quiet vacation. I also found that several local residents enjoyed the pool and bar during the day, and they were friendly - willing to share recommendations for local dining and attractions.

DocSwc,
We are so happy you found exactly what you were looking for ! You are right, we are a modern resort with excellent service ! We take great pride in our property and we are excited to know you enjoyed every minute of it ! We thank you so much for taking the time to write this beautiful review. We can't wait till we meet again ! We wish you safe travels .

Philip LaFond