“Relaxing, friendly and Excellent Amenities.”

Royal Palms Resort & Spa
Ranked #55 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Chicago
“Relaxing, friendly and Excellent Amenities.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I needed a get away from the grind; it needed to be close to the beach, gay friendly and clean. Not only did I find everything I wanted, but I found two gorgeous pools, staff that remembered my name and a total lack of pretense around the facility. They have excellent, and inexpensive, breakfast and lunch specials as well as drinks--something no other facility offered. My food and beverage tab was less than my tips, I believe!! Their new hire at the Bar, Juan, made patrons feel right at home as he moved around the bar and engaged everybody in conversation.
The advice to you I give: it's clean, it's up to date and they have food and a bar just steps from a renovated pool and the beach! I'm going back, I had a fabulous time and met extraordinary people there! I hope you give it a go!

PS It's only a $25 trip from the Airport and $15 to Wilton Manors. Don't bother renting a car. Casablanca Cafe is in walking distance and is fabulous! (on A1A just south of the Westin)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank JohnRx03
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
John,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted that you found what you wanted and more in a gay travel destination here at The Royal Palms Resort and Spa. Being the largest has its' advantages. Our full service bar and grill are located just steps from one of our sparkling pools as you noticed and we constantly strive to give you a great value. Our staff is dedicated to your complete satisfaction every moment of your stay with us.

If you didn't have the opportunity during your recent visit to check out the spa. The staff and services are beyond compare as well.

We value your patronage and are already looking forward to your return visit. Keep up to date with everyhing going by subscribing to our newsletter. Simply call our 24 hour concierge or e mail them for assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I must say of all my recent Florida vacations, this was truly the best. My partner and I loved the experience. Great room (beyond clean!!), friendly bar and hotel/spa staff, great pool and delicious food. I will most certainly be back. This place makes me want to plan another trip ASAP. A+ across the board!!

4 Thank David N
RPAmbassador, Ambasasdor at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
What a wonderful way to start the day with your review. David, we are thrilled that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us recently. As you experienced, our commitment to guest satisfaction is beyond compare. Being the largest full service gay hotel allows us to bring you amenities like noone else.

If you would like to keep up with all the happenings here at The Royal Palms, why not subscribe to our monthly newsletter? In it you will find special offers, event schedules and much more to help in planning your return visit.

We hope to see you both again very soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I just returned from a very special weekend at this very special resort. this is my first trip advisor review, but i felt compelled to share it with fellow travelers.
everything from the warm welcome from the manager, to the entire professional and friendly staff, to the services offered, to the beautifully designed rooms and grounds, friendly guests, to the.... well i could go on and on. you always take a risk going to a new resort from an internet site, but in this case, the internet site doesn't do justice to what awaits you. it's also one one the few resorts in florida that offers a full bar, a restaurant, a gym, spa, etc. i know i'm going on and on like some swooning fan, but i guess now i am.
i wish the owners of this special resort the best, they gave me a lovely weekend-- and i look forward to going back. check it out, i guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: a couple of tips. if you like a quiet relaxing stay, request a room in the rear section of the resor...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank glennalt
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Glenn,

Thank you for your kind words. We know that it is often a risk when you select a property solely from an internet site, but as you experienced, this time it didn't let you down. Our staff is dedicated each and every day to making your stay with us beyond compare. We knew that when we moved to our new home after 20 years in our original location, that we were pioneering a new era in gay travel and it has certainly been a great time so far.

Our spa staff is the best in the business and as you noted, you should book early to insure availability. Seems like everyone wants to experience the difference.

We are anxiously awaiting your return visit. It was our honor and pleasure to spend your birthday with you and wish you many happy returns.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I can't say enough about my Nov 2011 stay at the Royal Palms. From the moment I checked in (I was actually escorted to my room) to moment I checked out (Philip, the front desk mgr, personally found me to inform me that my taxi arrived), every need and detail was taken care of professionally, personably, and always with a smile. The entire place is brand new, clean, well appointed, and EVERY staff member went out of their way to make sure that my stay was the best it could be. Besides the spotlessly clean and beautiful rooms, two pools, fitness center, and spa, they serve great food, have an amazing bar (thanks Russell and Matt), and host community events, movie nights and T-dances. Finally, a resort that both serves and represents the gay community well. I can't wait to go back in Feb 2011.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Anthony H
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 November 2011
Good Morning Anthony,

What amazing praise! We are so glad that The Royal Palms exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. Russell, Matt and Philip are examples of our dedication to guest service. We will surely pass along your compliments to them.

Moving into our new home this year and becoming a full service gay hotel, has allowed us to bring you amenities not often found in guesthouses. Our full service day spa, Bar and Grill and amazing poolside events make The Royal Palms THE place to stay.

We look forward to your return visit soon. Please accept our thanks for your patronage. If you would like to stay up to date on all the happenings at The Royal Palms, why not follow us on social media or subscribe to our monthly newsletter by e mailing or calling our friendly 24 hour concierge staff. We are sure they would love to hear from you.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Royal Palms the weekend of 11/11/2011. I was expecting your average looking place and service but it was the complete oppostite. The place was Very well kept and clean and the service was amazing. Philip at the front desk was the most helpful caring person making sure that all our needs were met, my boyfriend and I wanted to have a nice romantic dinner somewhere and he new just the place to go.The rooms were crisp and clean and so was the pool areas and fitness center. We ate Breakfast and lunch almost everyday there and the food was amazing you could tell it was fresh and not just heated up in a microwave. We also got to attend the T-dance which turned out to be alot bigger then i thought it was going to and it was alot of fun. My boyfriend and i are already planning our next trip to The Royal Palms and most likely wont stay anywhere else when visiting the area. By far a great place to stay.

3 Thank Adam C
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
We are so very glad that we met and exceeded your expectations of a gay hotel. As the largest full service gay men's hotel, we take great pride in our staff anticipating your every need and making your stay with us comfortable, convenient and memorable. Philip is a shining example of our commitment to quality and service.

Chef Alan and his staff are glad that you enjoyed having lunch and breakfast with us. Our ingredients are always fresh and prepared to order.

Experiencing our T Dance for the first time is always something to remember during your trip. It is a fun filled afternoon with friends old and new with amazing DJ's and entertainment that is beyond compare here in South Florida.

Thanks again for your kind words. We are already looking forward to your next stay. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to keep up with all the goings on here at The Royal Palms. Simply e mail or call our 24 hour concierge. You can also stay up to date by following us on social media.
daviduk7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I've just returned from a stay at the Royal Palms. It's my first time at the new location and it's just great! Much improved facilities and location, one short block from the beach. The staff are fantastic especially Philip (front desk manager) who goes out of his way to help you.

The rooms are stylish yet comfortable. 24 hour coffee station is great. Restaurant on site serves good food. I missed out on the Tuesday night dive-in movie but plan to return soon to sample for myself!

To summarise, a great hotel in a great location!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank daviduk7
Thank you for staying with us David. It was indeed our pleasure to serve you. Our entire staff is committed to making your experience with us memorable. We are glad that you enjoyed the sleek stylish setting in our new home. As the largest full service gay hotel, we strive to provide value and amenities which are comparable to any mainstream hotel you may visit.

If you didn't have the opportunity to patronize the spa during your visit take advantage of it next time. It is sheer bliss.

To stay up to date on the latest happenings at the Royal Palms, subscribe to our monthly newsletter by e-mailing or calling our 24 hour concierge. You can also follow us on social media
Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

My partner and I have stayed at the old Royal Palms (now Lush Royale) 6 or 7 times. While we still like the old spot a lot, the new RP exceeded our expectations! The renovation of this property is fantastice and spectacular! We were totally impressed by the staff starting with Phillip at the front desk who always called us by name, and always checked to see how our stay was going. Russell and Dean at the grill/bar were also extremely friendly and made sure we always had everything we needed. The entire staff was evidently concerned totally with high quality service. We were also very impressed with the food quality, it was outstanding! We also visited during two big events, the Ruff Riders calendar release party for the Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF!), and the monthly T-dance benefiting a local shelter. The events were definitely well done and fun and we were impressed that the resort does so much for the community! We will definitely return.

2 Thank Jack F
Thank you for staying with us Jack. We were all honored to make some new friends while you were here. Philip, Russell and Dean are great examples of our commitment to exceeding our guests' expectations during their stay.

We are glad that you found the resort as "fantastic and spectacular" as we do. Our devotion to giving back to the community is evident as you saw during the charity calendar launch during your visit. We bet the new artwork looks great in your home and so many needy animals will benefit from your generousity. Thank you for being a part of such a special night with us. Our monthly T Dance always draws a crowd as you saw.

If you would like to stay up to date on the goings on at The Royal Palms, why not subscribe to our monthly newsletter? Simply e mail or call our helpful 24 hour concierge for assistance. You may also choose to follow us on social media.

Thanks again for your patronage. We are already looking forward to your next visit.