“Can't beat it”

Royal Palms Resort & Spa
Ranked #60 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 29 November 2011

One block from the beach and beautifully done. Service, politeness, professionalism and willingness to help rival the best Boston hotels. The food is great at the outside pool bar. However they only serve breakfast and lunch. The vibe at the hotel is friendly, casual, and unpretentious. The bar can use some better wines and better beers, especially an IPA. Also, available memory foam toppers would make the beds more comfortable for some of us with back problems.

Rob M

2  Thank Rob M
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for your kind review Rob, each and every day the staff here at The Royal Palms strive to exceed our guests' expectations. We are thrilled that we have seemingly done so once more during your recent stay.

We value the input of our guests and will look into the items you so graciously noted in your review. Chef Alan says he will look into adding an IPA to the beer selection. If you have any specific wine suggestions that you would be interested in, please feel free to e mail him. The current list encompasses vintages for all tastes and budgets, but we are always looking to do more.

The mattress toppers have been forward to our general manager for review and we are sure he will work on a resolution to that item as well. Great idea!!!

As always, thank you for making The Royal Palms part of your travel itnierary. We are already looking forward to your return visit. keep up to date with all the happenings at the resort by subscribing to our monthly newsletter. Simply call or e mail our 24 hour concierge for assistance. You may also choose to follow us on social media.

Until we see you again, safe travels.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I live in Miami but like to do "stay-cations" in Fort Lauderdale from time to time. I have tried many of the gay hotels/resorts and Royal Palms is by far the best. I was booked for two nights originally and extended my stay another two nights. They were pretty full and had to move me to a different room for the extra nights(which was understandable since there were several big events in town for the weekend), and handled it all great and effortlessly. The property has a great vibe and the employees are universally friendly and helpful - with kudos going to Philip and the front desk staff, and Juan, Matt, Russell and the rest of the bar/grill staff. Complimnetary chair massages by the pool from the spa staff were a really nice touch, too. Fellow guests ran the gamut of types and geographical locations and were also friendly. The rooms are done in a sort of W minimalist style but with all the amenities you need and super clean. In fact I had a friend in from out of town staying at the Doubletree and he switched over to this place once he saw it.

I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: I had 3 different rooms (because of my last minute decisions to extend my stay), a deluxe king, a st...
3  Thank Matthew M
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

What an amazing review Matthew! Thank you so much for your recent visit. We try each and every day to exceed the expectations of our guests and what a unique experience to have gotten to sample three of our room types during one stay. That your friend enjoyed the Royal Palms experience enough to transfer to our property mid stay is a great testament to our committment to quality and unparalleled value.

We will pass along your compliments to Philip, Russell, Juan and the staff. They truly enjoy being of service to you and all of our guests.

If you didn't have the opportunity to experience a full treatment in our spa during your stay, may we suggest you do so during your next visit? The complimentary chair massage poolside is but a small taste of the indulgence that awaits.

Keep up with us on social media or subscribe to our monthly newsletter to stay up to date on all the happenings here at The Royal Palms. Being the largest gay men's resort, we have some surprises coming throughout the season that you are not going to want to miss.

Thank you again for making us part of your travel plans. We enjoyed meeting you and are already looking forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

i've stayed here twice in the past year - once in May enroute back home to upstate New York from Key West, and again this November on the return trip to Key West. On both occasions I extended my stay from one to two nites, and will undoubtedly do the same thing this coming May and November. I've found the R.P. Resort exceptionally well-run, and the help extremely helpful and friendly, without the stigma of being obsequious. A definite plus is the availability of terrific breakfasts and lunches. I chose to eat away from the resort in the evening, so I cannot comment on evening meals there. The Royal Palms is very well-located vis-a-vis the ocean beaches (both gay and otherwise) and just a short car ride to the very gay-friendly area of Wilton Manor. During my Florida stay this winter, I expect to spend an extra week-end or two there to break up my six months in Key West.

The only negative i've found concerns the availabiltiy of parking at the Resort, which on week-ends can prove a bit annoying. Still, even there, staff goes the extra mile to help out.

Room Tip: the rooms in the rear are always quiet.
2  Thank gary k

Gary, thank you for your kind words. We always enjoy seeing our guests as they travel to and from their other destinations throughout the year and we certainly enjoyed seeing you again. While parking on the main campus can be a concern at times, we have many other options available to our staff and guests to accomodate those needs.

We appreciate your patronage of our bar and grill area. Our Chef and staff work hard to bring you exceptional value and unparalleled quality during your stay as does every member of our staff in each department. We are committed to exceeding your expecations each and every time you visit.

Why not subscribe to our monthly newsletter so that you can keep up to date on the happenings here at The largest gay men's resort and spa. Simply call or e mail our 24 hour concierge for assistance.

We are already looking forward to your next visit. Until then safe travels from your friends here at The Royal Palms

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I needed a get away from the grind; it needed to be close to the beach, gay friendly and clean. Not only did I find everything I wanted, but I found two gorgeous pools, staff that remembered my name and a total lack of pretense around the facility. They have excellent, and inexpensive, breakfast and lunch specials as well as drinks--something no other facility offered. My food and beverage tab was less than my tips, I believe!! Their new hire at the Bar, Juan, made patrons feel right at home as he moved around the bar and engaged everybody in conversation.
The advice to you I give: it's clean, it's up to date and they have food and a bar just steps from a renovated pool and the beach! I'm going back, I had a fabulous time and met extraordinary people there! I hope you give it a go!

PS It's only a $25 trip from the Airport and $15 to Wilton Manors. Don't bother renting a car. Casablanca Cafe is in walking distance and is fabulous! (on A1A just south of the Westin)

3  Thank JohnRx03
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

John,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted that you found what you wanted and more in a gay travel destination here at The Royal Palms Resort and Spa. Being the largest has its' advantages. Our full service bar and grill are located just steps from one of our sparkling pools as you noticed and we constantly strive to give you a great value. Our staff is dedicated to your complete satisfaction every moment of your stay with us.

If you didn't have the opportunity during your recent visit to check out the spa. The staff and services are beyond compare as well.

We value your patronage and are already looking forward to your return visit. Keep up to date with everyhing going by subscribing to our newsletter. Simply call our 24 hour concierge or e mail them for assistance.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

I must say of all my recent Florida vacations, this was truly the best. My partner and I loved the experience. Great room (beyond clean!!), friendly bar and hotel/spa staff, great pool and delicious food. I will most certainly be back. This place makes me want to plan another trip ASAP. A+ across the board!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank David N
RPAmbassador, Ambasasdor at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

What a wonderful way to start the day with your review. David, we are thrilled that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us recently. As you experienced, our commitment to guest satisfaction is beyond compare. Being the largest full service gay hotel allows us to bring you amenities like noone else.

If you would like to keep up with all the happenings here at The Royal Palms, why not subscribe to our monthly newsletter? In it you will find special offers, event schedules and much more to help in planning your return visit.

We hope to see you both again very soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

I just returned from a very special weekend at this very special resort. this is my first trip advisor review, but i felt compelled to share it with fellow travelers.
everything from the warm welcome from the manager, to the entire professional and friendly staff, to the services offered, to the beautifully designed rooms and grounds, friendly guests, to the.... well i could go on and on. you always take a risk going to a new resort from an internet site, but in this case, the internet site doesn't do justice to what awaits you. it's also one one the few resorts in florida that offers a full bar, a restaurant, a gym, spa, etc. i know i'm going on and on like some swooning fan, but i guess now i am.
i wish the owners of this special resort the best, they gave me a lovely weekend-- and i look forward to going back. check it out, i guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: a couple of tips. if you like a quiet relaxing stay, request a room in the rear section of the resor...
4  Thank glennalt
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Glenn,

Thank you for your kind words. We know that it is often a risk when you select a property solely from an internet site, but as you experienced, this time it didn't let you down. Our staff is dedicated each and every day to making your stay with us beyond compare. We knew that when we moved to our new home after 20 years in our original location, that we were pioneering a new era in gay travel and it has certainly been a great time so far.

Our spa staff is the best in the business and as you noted, you should book early to insure availability. Seems like everyone wants to experience the difference.

We are anxiously awaiting your return visit. It was our honor and pleasure to spend your birthday with you and wish you many happy returns.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I can't say enough about my Nov 2011 stay at the Royal Palms. From the moment I checked in (I was actually escorted to my room) to moment I checked out (Philip, the front desk mgr, personally found me to inform me that my taxi arrived), every need and detail was taken care of professionally, personably, and always with a smile. The entire place is brand new, clean, well appointed, and EVERY staff member went out of their way to make sure that my stay was the best it could be. Besides the spotlessly clean and beautiful rooms, two pools, fitness center, and spa, they serve great food, have an amazing bar (thanks Russell and Matt), and host community events, movie nights and T-dances. Finally, a resort that both serves and represents the gay community well. I can't wait to go back in Feb 2011.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Anthony H
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Good Morning Anthony,

What amazing praise! We are so glad that The Royal Palms exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. Russell, Matt and Philip are examples of our dedication to guest service. We will surely pass along your compliments to them.

Moving into our new home this year and becoming a full service gay hotel, has allowed us to bring you amenities not often found in guesthouses. Our full service day spa, Bar and Grill and amazing poolside events make The Royal Palms THE place to stay.

We look forward to your return visit soon. Please accept our thanks for your patronage. If you would like to stay up to date on all the happenings at The Royal Palms, why not follow us on social media or subscribe to our monthly newsletter by e mailing or calling our friendly 24 hour concierge staff. We are sure they would love to hear from you.