“Wonderful Gay Resort with 5 Star Service”

Royal Palms Resort & Spa
Ranked #56 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Sarasota, Florida
“Wonderful Gay Resort with 5 Star Service”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We're from Tampa Bay, Florida, and like to get away for long weekends to the east coast for relaxing mini-vacation......this is our second visit to the New Royal Palms. It was so nice to be remembered by the staff. What sets this property apart from so many others is the genuinely warm and friendly staff. Phillip the Manager is incredible. His presence and emphasis on service must be contagious, as we found all the staff friendly, helpful. This is 5 Star Service. The property is beautiful, has the feel of a European boutique hotel,..is immaculate! It has all the amenities.... The pool areas are delightful. We will be returning here for many more weekend getaways..it is close to the beach, restaurants, shopping, and short drive to Wilton Manors. Phillip you are doing all the right things...See you next visit. GO USF BULLS !!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meducator
Rp3127, General Manager at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
George H,
Thank you, thank you , thank you. I truly appreciate the sincere words. It gives me great pleasure knowing all the hard work pays off . We are thankful for having you as our guest. We are excited to know you had such a wonderful and memorable stay. I'll always be here to help assist you and look forward to your next stay ! I will continue to strive to make the Palms better and better. I thank you again for making the Palms your home away from home ! Come see us anytime for weekend getaway. We are offering great deals this time of the year. Please feel free to contact us anytime ! See you soon ! Go Bulls :)

Philip LaFond

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
White River Junction, Vermont
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This place is great. Everything is brand new and tasteful. The staff are friendly and helpful. The bar/cafe is open air and right by the pool so you don't need to go out and find a place for lunch or byob. It is a great value for the price. The only down side to staying in this area is that all of the bars over on Wilton Drive are a $15 cab ride away. The positive side to being in this part of Ft. Lauderdale is that you can walk to the beach. The only major thing that this place is missing is a hot tub, though apparently that is part of their long-term plan. I definitely reccomend it!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the pool/bar can have some noise late into the night.
2 Thank Todd M
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 December 2011

We appreciate your recent stay with us here at the largest full service gay hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Each and every day we strive to exceed our guests; expectations. Our bar and grill serves some of the best food and drinks at the best prices around.

Keep up to date on all the happenings here at The Royal Palms by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media. Need help signing up? Simply call or e mail our 24 hour concierge for assistance.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 November 2011

One block from the beach and beautifully done. Service, politeness, professionalism and willingness to help rival the best Boston hotels. The food is great at the outside pool bar. However they only serve breakfast and lunch. The vibe at the hotel is friendly, casual, and unpretentious. The bar can use some better wines and better beers, especially an IPA. Also, available memory foam toppers would make the beds more comfortable for some of us with back problems.

Rob M

2 Thank Rob M
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for your kind review Rob, each and every day the staff here at The Royal Palms strive to exceed our guests' expectations. We are thrilled that we have seemingly done so once more during your recent stay.

We value the input of our guests and will look into the items you so graciously noted in your review. Chef Alan says he will look into adding an IPA to the beer selection. If you have any specific wine suggestions that you would be interested in, please feel free to e mail him. The current list encompasses vintages for all tastes and budgets, but we are always looking to do more.

The mattress toppers have been forward to our general manager for review and we are sure he will work on a resolution to that item as well. Great idea!!!

As always, thank you for making The Royal Palms part of your travel itnierary. We are already looking forward to your return visit. keep up to date with all the happenings at the resort by subscribing to our monthly newsletter. Simply call or e mail our 24 hour concierge for assistance. You may also choose to follow us on social media.

Until we see you again, safe travels.
Miami, FL
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I live in Miami but like to do "stay-cations" in Fort Lauderdale from time to time. I have tried many of the gay hotels/resorts and Royal Palms is by far the best. I was booked for two nights originally and extended my stay another two nights. They were pretty full and had to move me to a different room for the extra nights(which was understandable since there were several big events in town for the weekend), and handled it all great and effortlessly. The property has a great vibe and the employees are universally friendly and helpful - with kudos going to Philip and the front desk staff, and Juan, Matt, Russell and the rest of the bar/grill staff. Complimnetary chair massages by the pool from the spa staff were a really nice touch, too. Fellow guests ran the gamut of types and geographical locations and were also friendly. The rooms are done in a sort of W minimalist style but with all the amenities you need and super clean. In fact I had a friend in from out of town staying at the Doubletree and he switched over to this place once he saw it.

I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: I had 3 different rooms (because of my last minute decisions to extend my stay), a deluxe king, a st...
3 Thank Matthew M
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
What an amazing review Matthew! Thank you so much for your recent visit. We try each and every day to exceed the expectations of our guests and what a unique experience to have gotten to sample three of our room types during one stay. That your friend enjoyed the Royal Palms experience enough to transfer to our property mid stay is a great testament to our committment to quality and unparalleled value.

We will pass along your compliments to Philip, Russell, Juan and the staff. They truly enjoy being of service to you and all of our guests.

If you didn't have the opportunity to experience a full treatment in our spa during your stay, may we suggest you do so during your next visit? The complimentary chair massage poolside is but a small taste of the indulgence that awaits.

Keep up with us on social media or subscribe to our monthly newsletter to stay up to date on all the happenings here at The Royal Palms. Being the largest gay men's resort, we have some surprises coming throughout the season that you are not going to want to miss.

Thank you again for making us part of your travel plans. We enjoyed meeting you and are already looking forward to your next visit with us.
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 23 November 2011

i've stayed here twice in the past year - once in May enroute back home to upstate New York from Key West, and again this November on the return trip to Key West. On both occasions I extended my stay from one to two nites, and will undoubtedly do the same thing this coming May and November. I've found the R.P. Resort exceptionally well-run, and the help extremely helpful and friendly, without the stigma of being obsequious. A definite plus is the availability of terrific breakfasts and lunches. I chose to eat away from the resort in the evening, so I cannot comment on evening meals there. The Royal Palms is very well-located vis-a-vis the ocean beaches (both gay and otherwise) and just a short car ride to the very gay-friendly area of Wilton Manor. During my Florida stay this winter, I expect to spend an extra week-end or two there to break up my six months in Key West.

The only negative i've found concerns the availabiltiy of parking at the Resort, which on week-ends can prove a bit annoying. Still, even there, staff goes the extra mile to help out.

Room Tip: the rooms in the rear are always quiet.
2 Thank gary k
Gary, thank you for your kind words. We always enjoy seeing our guests as they travel to and from their other destinations throughout the year and we certainly enjoyed seeing you again. While parking on the main campus can be a concern at times, we have many other options available to our staff and guests to accomodate those needs.

We appreciate your patronage of our bar and grill area. Our Chef and staff work hard to bring you exceptional value and unparalleled quality during your stay as does every member of our staff in each department. We are committed to exceeding your expecations each and every time you visit.

Why not subscribe to our monthly newsletter so that you can keep up to date on the happenings here at The largest gay men's resort and spa. Simply call or e mail our 24 hour concierge for assistance.

We are already looking forward to your next visit. Until then safe travels from your friends here at The Royal Palms
Chicago
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I needed a get away from the grind; it needed to be close to the beach, gay friendly and clean. Not only did I find everything I wanted, but I found two gorgeous pools, staff that remembered my name and a total lack of pretense around the facility. They have excellent, and inexpensive, breakfast and lunch specials as well as drinks--something no other facility offered. My food and beverage tab was less than my tips, I believe!! Their new hire at the Bar, Juan, made patrons feel right at home as he moved around the bar and engaged everybody in conversation.
The advice to you I give: it's clean, it's up to date and they have food and a bar just steps from a renovated pool and the beach! I'm going back, I had a fabulous time and met extraordinary people there! I hope you give it a go!

PS It's only a $25 trip from the Airport and $15 to Wilton Manors. Don't bother renting a car. Casablanca Cafe is in walking distance and is fabulous! (on A1A just south of the Westin)

3 Thank JohnRx03
RPAmbassador, Ambassador at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
John,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted that you found what you wanted and more in a gay travel destination here at The Royal Palms Resort and Spa. Being the largest has its' advantages. Our full service bar and grill are located just steps from one of our sparkling pools as you noticed and we constantly strive to give you a great value. Our staff is dedicated to your complete satisfaction every moment of your stay with us.

If you didn't have the opportunity during your recent visit to check out the spa. The staff and services are beyond compare as well.

We value your patronage and are already looking forward to your return visit. Keep up to date with everyhing going by subscribing to our newsletter. Simply call our 24 hour concierge or e mail them for assistance.
Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I must say of all my recent Florida vacations, this was truly the best. My partner and I loved the experience. Great room (beyond clean!!), friendly bar and hotel/spa staff, great pool and delicious food. I will most certainly be back. This place makes me want to plan another trip ASAP. A+ across the board!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank David N
RPAmbassador, Ambasasdor at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
What a wonderful way to start the day with your review. David, we are thrilled that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us recently. As you experienced, our commitment to guest satisfaction is beyond compare. Being the largest full service gay hotel allows us to bring you amenities like noone else.

If you would like to keep up with all the happenings here at The Royal Palms, why not subscribe to our monthly newsletter? In it you will find special offers, event schedules and much more to help in planning your return visit.

We hope to see you both again very soon.