“Fantastic Breakfast”

Royal Palms Resort & Spa
Ranked #61 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 28 July 2013

In the past I have sat outside the royal palms for breakfast. This Sunday 7/28/13 was too hot so I decided to eat at the bar. I was amazed at the quality and quantity of the food served. I had my usual Lox and Bagels which for $12 and all the coffee you could drink was well worth the price. While eating I noticed the omelets and pan cakes being served and they were works of art when it came to presentation. The oatmeal was a master piece is presentation and I don't like oat meal. Seems the place is catching on as there was little seating available. Guess the reasonable prices are attracting people. At the beach a top price of $12 for breakfast can not be beat. I won't say how good the Bloody Mary's that Carlos or Jeremy make top off the start of the day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 July 2013

My partner and I of 6 years have been traveling to fort lauderdale beach the past 3 years in a row for a week during the summer, this trip however was such a turn off. In past we stayed at The Grand Resort and spa and figured we would switch it up this time so we picked the royal palms resort..... not a very wise decision. We arrive early afternoon and no sooner walk into the front office and seem suffocated by the front desk manager Philip. we were extremely tired and only wanted to check into our room, not have a half hour conversation. That was one thing. So we then get showed our room and its not what it looks like at all on their website. Everything is plain grey.... sorta looks like your in a hospital of some kind.... not very cheek and sleek as they say. So our trip ended up only being 3 days not a week like was planned. As we were checking out front desk asst manager Brian seemed not to have been happy with our early departure and pretty much pushed us out of the door. This was i would say our worst experience in fort lauderdale and plan on never coming back to this property.... The grand .. another gay resort has never let us down and prefer that better in choosing a relaxing, comfortable, real place to spend a vacation getaway with someone u love.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jason k
Reviewed 26 July 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Royal Palms for a few rainy days during the month of July. From the moment we arrived we were treated very warmly, professionally and with fresh baked cookies at the front desk!. Our room was located right outside the pool/ bar/ restaurant area and even though they have music playing throughout the day we barely heard much noise at all. The room was super clean, large and very comfortable. The gentleman they have cleaning the rooms left no stone unturned and we always returned to a spotless and fresh smelling room. Our room was on the ground floor and it was great to be able to just literally walk two steps to the bar/ restaurant where the food was surprisingly very good (the homemade potato chips are excellent!) One of the bartenders, Carlos, was extremely helpful and friendly during our stay. He gave us many restaurant and club recommendations and is a real asset to the establishment.
The resort is very close to the beach, although a bit of walk to the gay section. Luckily the front desk has chairs and umbrellas available at no cost to the guests which will save you some money by having to rent them on the beach.
The only reason I am giving the resort four stars as opposed to five is that I did not have a chance to sample their spa options, the gym equipment is a little sparse, and the bed a little too soft for my taste. But none of those reasons would prevent me from visiting again. I highly recommend this location to anyone wanting to experience Fort Lauderdale in a comfortable, clean, professional and friendly gay resort. I hope to return soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

i spent a week at this resort this july. the weather was not the best fort lauderdale has to offer but this resort has got to be one of the best. The staff here is the warmest most sincere and genuinely nice group of people i have ever come across. They are all very happy to work together and genuinely happy to be working for this resort. It wasn't perfect...they have virtually no internet service in the rooms...they know of this issue and are working on it, so they say. Internet service is good at the bar though and honestly the internet service is the only negative here. The spaces are bright and kept immaculate, modern, and very tastefully designed. So happy to have found this place...and will happily return.

Room Tip: they have a front building that is far more public and social and a back building that is more priva...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The guys here took such good care of us. I was going along with our group of 20 from Atlanta going down for a birthday and didn't really check it out before. I just assumed we would be in a hotel trying to get rooms close for our group to have a good weekend.

The bar staff stayed past their time to get off each night, food was good, office staff immediately took care of any request we had and on and on! We have traveled to many places as a group but this was truly a relaxing vacation. Drinks in the pool, poolside service for lunch, meeting locals, BBQ by staff at pool, contests and craziness at the poolside bar. Then there is a much more quiet pool in the back for lazy days. I have been to Lauderdale many times and know places to eat and bars fairly well but never left the resort except to see fireworks on the beach for 4th of July.

Spa for massages available and gym to workout.

It was so easy to charge meals/drinks to the room and not have to keep up with anything during the day.

And this was all for a great price on a holiday weekend. Excellent choice!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff when booking but our rooms were around the back pool which is the quiet side at n...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christopher J
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This TripAdvisor review is long overdue. My partner and I have been staying at the Royal Palms since it was renovated a few years back and have become regulars when we travel to South Florida, which is anout twice a year. In fact, our experiences have led to many word of mouth accolades for the RP and recommendations and/or invites to our friends. They too, have reported back to us such great things after returning home from their stay at the RP.

The very minute you walk on to the property, you will be greeted by a friendly staff with genuine smiles and a "what can I do to make this a great stay" type of attitude. This authenticity comes from all levels of staff and most notably from the adorable, Philip. We met him from the very beginning a few years back and he continues to be the best of the best and is now the GM. He and the rest of the amazing RP team are always on the top of their game. The attention to detail is awesome!

After you check-in, you are personally led to your room and will pass by the front pool and pool bar to your luxrious and contemporary home for the next several days. The whole property has such a classy and sleek ambiance, which truly sets it apart from its competition. (I must add that the bar staff is exceptional and equally as friendly. Props go out to Matt. His personality will reel you in right away and his speciality drinks are so tasty! He makes an awesome Bloody Mary!!)

I could go on and on about the Royal Palms, so I will summarize. Here is what you will get at the RP and why you should try them out:

* Friendly staff
* Clean, contemporary luxury in every room
* True equality, where everyone is accepted
* Two pools (one with a bar and a great food menu as well)
* High quality massage therapists, full spa
* Fitness center
* Short walk to the beach (less then a block) ** Don't forget to ask to borrow a beach chair.
* Lasting friendships can be made. (We now have friends in the UK, NY, Vegas and, of course, Ft. Lauderdale.)

Philip, Brian, Matt & JC -- thank you for helping make the RP our home away from home and being a part of our extended family! You all are amazing!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kerry M
Reviewed 12 July 2013

With this being my first stay in a guest house, I had reservations about going. I was totally blown away. From a great clean establishment to the friendly staff, to the personal attention from management, the stay was amazing. I was thoroughly impressed and didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends