“Overall, the only place I want to stay while in Ft Lauderdale!”

Royal Palms Resort & Spa
Ranked #55 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Decatur, Georgia
“Overall, the only place I want to stay while in Ft Lauderdale!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

What a relaxing/fun time, and a great place to stay. I've grown to love this place. I've now stayed here maybe a total of about 8 times (pre and post cruises--and just long weekend get-aways) I've had a lot of friends stay here, and most of us, keep going back. I've read some of the concerns/complaints with some reviews, and from my most recent stay (yesterday--and two weeks prior),...Management has listened, and resolved these issues. New Mattresses,(memory foam-ish)...very nice. I've noticed in some reviews, people's concerns with straight people, or it not being all gay--this doesn't bother me at all,...in fact, I like the mix (but this is a personal preference of course),..I've never felt uncomfortable, or felt like I couldn't be myself around anyone there. Because even on the web site, it states an " hetero-friendly luxury gay male resort" During my stay this past weekend, I noticed just a few encounters with a straight couple who came over from the hotel beside us, to get a drink, and quickly went back to the hotel next door. I did not get to stay for the t-dance on Sunday, but understand now, it's every Sunday, instead of once a month. The Management and Staff, could not be better. They were always present, no mix-up with the bill, and came by many times, asking if we needed anything, let us check out amazingly late at no extra cost. Jeremy at the bar was sooo friendly and made you feel like he was a good friend. All the bartenders are nice there. I would recommend this resort to anyone. Location, Staff, Management, and price, all on point!

Room Tip: Stayed in the room over the bar,...no noise, even late at night could be heard. Spacious and a good...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Michael C,
Wow 8 times staying with us !!! Micheal we are so honored and thankful to have you join us and make the Royal Palms your home away from home. We couldn't be happier to know your experiences continue to get better each and every time. You are 100% correct, we have listened and made the changes to further grow the Royal Palms as the leader in gay accommodations. Our entire staff truly goes above and beyond to ensure our guests have a wonderful stay. Our Sunday T-dance is a big hit, and hope that next time you will get to enjoy it! But whether it's just laying back, taking a dip in the pool, working out in our gym, having a drink with our friendly bar staff, having a bite to eat in our cafe, or relaxing in the Spa while getting a deep tissue massage, we genuinely care and we will always take special care of our guest. Thank you Michael, we can't wait till your next vacation with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

They do plan on renovating in the next few months which is a good thing. Staff were all very nice, especially Phillip.
Bed was comfortable, had all your requirements, kitchenettes and bath need to be redone, pool as well. Very sterile feeling, all monochromatic white.
1 block from beach, although you have to walk down either direction on A1A for bars and restaurants.
Overall I would stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gina M
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here after a long cruise with a group of friends. After getting off the boat i decided i needed a day to myself to just relax before going back up north to the cold. I booked the room literally online for customs. I have had mixed results with south florida boutique/specialty hotels but I was really pleasantly surprised by this one. The check in was a breeze and the staff were really welcoming and friendly. The room was well designed, clean and spacious. The bed was really comfortable too. Restaurant on site, 2 pools, friendly people what more could you want. I definitely will be back here soon. This is definitely on my short list of florida places and it should be on yours too

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank BostonTravel923
BostonTravel923,

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to have you join us after your cruise. We are so excited to know that we surpassed your expectations. As you mentioned, booking with us is easy and can be done online or with a simple phone call to our 24 hour front desk. We take great pride in our customer service and the cleanliness of our property. We thank you for adding us to your short list of places to stay. We look forward to your next visit !
Punta del Este, Maldonado, Uruguay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

The Royal Palms has his good and bad sides. The staff very helpful. 2 pools - 1 with bar and loud, the other one quiet. If you want stay quiet ask for room in the second house behind. The breakfast is not included and the coffee not really good. You can find better breakfast outside. The aircondition was quite loud. And they had a caos with my payments.... Do not know, if I really would go back to the place...

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cristiansuiza
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
cristiansuiza,
We are deeply sorry to hear about your recent stay at the Royal Palms. We do apologize for any error on our behalf. We can promise you, we are carefully listening. We will be sure to inspect your room's air conditioning unit. We know sleep is very important and we want to ensure everyone has a wonderful time. Breakfast is a la crate, therefore allowing our guest to order omelettes, pancakes, fruit , yogurt, bagels,and more! We are glad to know our staff was friendly. We will continue to keep improving. We thank you for your feedback and most importantly you business.
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was my first visit to the Royal Palms, I stayed there prior to taking a cruise. I can't say enough about this place. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and close to everything and a great value.
My only regret is that I wasn't there for the Sunday tea dance which I hear is a blast. Next trip for sure. I would recommend this place to everyone who wants a relaxing place to stay with a great staff.

Room Tip: I chose a deluxe Queen Ron and it was more than adequate to a solo traveler.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Their Sunday afternoon Tea Dance is a blast. An absolute must visit and there is no cover charge to get in!
An absolute must visit event! Definitely worth checking out! The staff is very nice too... i completely recommend trying it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
B D ,
Thank you for joining us this Sunday for our weekly Sunday T-Dance. We are so happy you had such a wonderful time! Remember the party starts at 2 pm each and every Sunday and is open to the public, 21 years of age. DJ Jason Gonzalez and the entire staff of the Royal Palms really do make it a fun time for all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you this Sunday, thank you again for your kind words, we truly appreciate your business!
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great place, people and food! Great pools and rooms! We spend 3 nights before going to South Beach and another 3 nights after. The best place ever!!! If you are going to Fort Lauderdale you won't be in other place!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Justo R,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and came back to join us for 3 more nights! This truly means a lot to us. We will continue each and everyday to keep improving to be the best hotel. Keep in touch as we are now expanding and adding 16 more rooms! We look forward to your next stay !! See you soon.