“Laid back. Cute hotel. Amazing service.”

Royal Palms Resort & Spa
Ranked #58 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My bf and I stayed at the Royal Palms for a long weekend...we had such a great time that we extended our trip by day. The retro feel of the hotel and the grounds are a nice contrast to the modern feel of the rooms. The front desk is incredibly attentive...hopefully you get a chance to meet GM Philip. Whether he is painting, cleaning, or taking bags to your room, you can tell he loves his job and takes pride in his hotel. The bar/restaurant is a nice amenity...the food is pretty good and the drinks are strong. The bar staff is awesome, especially Steven, who goes out of his way to make sure you're having a good time. Saltwater pools are always warm and clean. Locals are welcome to the pool area, so there is always good people watching. It's a very short walk to A1A/beach as well as to the upscale hotel strip with some incredible restaurants. $10 cab ride to the gay strip at Wilton Drive. Bar is open late and the pools never close, so it's a good time whether it's before dinner or after the bars. I have been in town for work for a couple of months and have been back several times, and I have experienced the same rockstar treatment every single time.I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place to get away and relax alone, with your partner, or with a group of friends.

Room Tip: The back pool is more quiet, so if you're into that, rooms in the back building may be worth boo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heykev9
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

heykev9

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your extended long weekend with us and have made us you home away from home when visiting Fort Lauderdale.

Steve is a great new addition to our staff and we're very pleased to have him with us. We've been getting some very nice comments about from both our guests and locals who frequent our bar and restaurant!

Hope to see you again soon whether it's for business or relaxation!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This resort was great for the price I paid. They have a great setup in regards to the pools. The front pool has the bar/restaurant with music playing and the rear pool is quiet with less to little of a crowd (my group had the entire rear pool to ourselves most of the time). The food was good and very convenient. It was great to have tea available every morning as well.

The location was great as we only had to walk one block to get to the beach and about another 10-15 minute walk to get to Sabastian beach.

The rooms are very clean and the decor is very modern. I loved the pebble stone floor shower in our room. The shower head had a rain shower head which I usually hate because they lack water pressure but this one was great as it had just the right amount of pressure.

We tried out the spa for a couples massage and it was great. The masseuses were very professional and did a terrific job.

The staff was the best part of resort. They were very friendly and helpful. Phillip Lafond (general manager) was awesome. Being that our trip was in the dead of summer, it was very hot and humid and I worked up a sweat just sitting in the shade. Phillip got me a fan to keep me cool and even moved it to the rear pool for me when our group wanted a quieter scene. Top notch customer service!

I would highly recommend this resort and plan on staying here from now on when visiting Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: If you would rather have a quiet scene during the day, then the rear part of the resort is where you...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank rveras123
NorthBeachVillage, Owner at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

rveras123

We appreciate all the nice comments! Glad to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. Quite often we have groups specifically requesting room around the back pool area for much the same reason as you mention. Often times they'll have the pool area all to themselves as many of our guests choose to hang by the front pool near the bar and restaurant. With 2 heated pools within the resort we're happy to be able to provide either a quiet area or more of a "party" experience.

Nice to hear you took advantage of our spa. We have a great group of masseurs who do a variety of treatments. The spa also currently offers spray tanning and teeth whitening!

Again, appreciate the nice words and hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my very first gay resort and I absolutely loved it! I'm a "straight" guy that generally doesn't like the scene at all...but I will return! The staff was soo friendly, so accommodating and always smiling! The food was definitely way better than I expected and the hot bartenders definitely made some great drinks! My friend and I had big plans for the weekend..we, like most...only planned to be at the hotel to shower and sleep...how about, we were there from Thursday afternoon through Monday when we left! That tells you something about this hotel! It was so much fun, why leave! Met a bunch of awesome people. ..next time I go to Ft.Lauderdale--I will be staying at the Royal Palms!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Acuraguy86

Acuraguy86

Thanks so much for all the great comments! Especially about our bar and restaurant. We've got a great kitchen staff who turn out some really nice dishes - the Forever Summer Salad and the Mahi Wrap are especially popular.

Having a bar and restaurant within the resort allows our guests to get to know one another and making new friends! And, yes, the bartenders ain't too bad looking either!

Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Needed to do a little get away with partner, and decided to try the Royal Palms Resort & Spa. We were both impressed. The room was very very nice and stylish, with nice bathroom and comfortable bed. We were given a room right off one of the pools so it was convenient for a midnight swim and early morning wake up dip. The gym and pool areas were also very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful and it was nice to have a small bar in the hotel. The hotel is only one block from the beach and close to bars in Wilton Manners (about 10 min away). We only spent one night but will definitely be back again very soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jorge R

Jorge R

Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Many of our guests come from the surrounding areas (Miami, Orlando and Tampa) for a quick, but nearby, get away!

Remember to check our face book page for many specials, parties, events and discounts. Hope to see you again soon when you can stay a bit longer!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I live here in Fort Lauderdale but I have had many friends stay here over the years. Phillip Lafond and his staff always make you feel welcome and catered too whether you stay there or stop by for lunch or a drink. I recently stayed there on a "staycation" to be at the beach in my town when friends were in! We had an amazing time primarily due to friendly and professional staff such as bartenders Nolan and Jeremy along with Mgr Phillip! We also had a wonderful meal at Plaza Bistro!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Bftlguy

Bftlguy

Thank you for al the great comments! Glad to hear you chose us for your "staycation", but always love having our "neighbors" come to hang out by the pool and take advantage of our bar and restaurant for a little something to eat or drink.

Also glad to hear you enjoyed dinner at our near by Plaza Bistro. They have just recently started serving breakfast and have a wonderful Sunday Buffet Brunch!

Hope to have you stop by or "staycate" again sometime soon! Thank you.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Located just two blocks from the beach, & just a few more from the beach "where the boys are"...from the room to the pool to the bar to all the staff, this is a great resort to stay at. Contemporary style, two pools (one for relaxing, and one for splashin' around) with guests & visitors to the resort, great breakfast & all day menu at the bar, good looking bartenders with great personalities (one with very tight shorts!) :-) ...and excellent managers (Phillip/Brian), & the staff who never forget who you are personally...and some awesome free coffee & cookies to boot! This was about my third or fourth time there as a guest of some sort. ;-)

Room Tip: Not that the pool area is noisy at night, but if you nap during the day, book a room away from the p...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Franco225

Franco225

So glad to hear all the great comments from one of our repeat guests! We're happy to be the only gay resort in Fort Lauderdale with a bar and restaurant! And our bartenders do love their short shorts!

Hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at a number of the gay inns in FLL and hands down this is the best. The rooms staff is friendly, welcoming and genuine and very helpful. Rooms are clean and in good order and the needs are quite comfortable. Overall the facility is well maintained.
The big plus is a restaurant and bar - a huge advantage that none of the other inns have that I know of.
My only suggestion that I voiced to the staff is to ban smoking in the premises. Who smokes these days? My entire stay were maybe 2 smokers who made sitting by the pool unpleasant not to mention the cigarette butts I found in the pool and the corridor.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

JLATL

Thanks so much for the great review!

We are, in fact, the only gay Inn in Fort Lauderdale to have a bar and restaurant within the resort. We have heard many of our guests say this is one of the reasons they continue to choose us over the other gay Inn's in town!

We apologize for the smoking and have restricted it at the bar and dinning areas. We always welcome your feedback and will continue to keep improving our grounds.

Again, thanks for the nice words and we hope to see you back again soon.