“Great Brunch Spot”
Review of Big City Tavern

Big City Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Big City Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 1,407 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SE 6 Ave
Description: Big City Tavern is reminiscent of the great old taverns of Chicago, New York and Boston. The menu features fresh seafood, steaks, pasta and salads. Our extensive wine list emphasizes California varietals by the glass and bottle. Big City Tavern has a rotating selection of craft and specialty beers on tap and available in bottle. Desserts are all house made and all delicious. Big City Tavern features high tin ceilings, wood floors and rustic brick walls. Patrons can take their place at our long oak bar or in the comfort of the dining room.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Located on Los Olas this place is in a prime location. The decor of the restaurant makes you feel like you are in a cabin in the woods/old school club. Came here on a Sunday for brunch and it was really good; had the steak and eggs and was not disappointed. you can have bottomless mimosas or bloody marys for $12. There is also a patio outside where you can sit near the side walk and enjoy the Florida weather and people watching.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had a very nice dinner here this past week. The place was suggested to us by a local retail shop on Las Olas. She was right and we enjoyed our food as well as the nice outdoor seating. We had the Grilled Chicken Breast Paillard with Mashed Potatoes, Market Vegetables and Lemon Butter Caper Sauce ($21)as well as the Pan Roasted Salmon Filet with Tomato Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Grilled Asparagus, and Jasmine Rice ($26). They were both delicious and the presentation was also very nice. I would go again and would recommend it to friends visiting Fort Lauderdale.

1  Thank 10acious1
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Dropped in for a burger, it was very good, one of the best in town. Unfortunately, if was still happy hour and the locals were lighting it up at bar. Very noisy and they didn't want to seat me outside because the tables are for large parties and I was solo. My server was polite and prompt with taking my order, but I never saw him again. This spot has really gone downhill, food is very much overpriced for the bar scene they seem to cater to these days. I guess sine I don't drink, I'm not worth the effort. Too bad, burger was great, but I can find another good one somewhere in town.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We went here for Mother's Day. The restaurant is centered in the middle of Las Olas. It is quite deceiving from the outside as it is larger than it appears.

It has nice ambiance and is a bit dark for dining. I was very disappointed in the service, as the server never checked back to refill waters, see if the orders were okay, which they were not. We had to hunt down other waiters to get our order corrected.

Once our orders were finally right, the food was good, but not the best we ever had. The veggies were the best thing on the plate. The asparagus and broccoli, not to be missed. The burger, standard fare, which is a shame, because we originally tasted them at the Burger Bash and they were amazing. No so on this date.

Would I recommend you try it? Possibly, but I don't think I'll be going back.

If this review was helpful, please remember to click the "Yes" button. Thanks :->

2  Thank Cynderella43
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant last night. We loved the 50% off wine bottles special with every entree purchase. Our server was super friendly and sweet. Our food was just so-so. I had the skirt steak with truffled fries and a kale Caesar salad. The kale salad was not all kale, so why name it a kale salad? It had spinach and other mixed greens in it. I think I saw one piece of kale. The skirt steak was average, not too much flavor and too tough. Truffle fries were delicious. My husband had the $32 crab cakes over jambalaya rice with andouille sausage. For $32 it should of been amazing but was just average. Also there was only one small slice of sausage in it. It's frustrating to pay fine fining prices and get average restaurant food. However, we will give it a try again eventually. Also, thus isn't a family type restaurant in the evening. Too many large, loud. tables. We were seated behind a frat party or something. The loud drunken men at the table cursed every other word and were so annoying that other tables were staring at them.