“Perfect Florida Oasis”

Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort
St. John's, Canada
“Perfect Florida Oasis”
Reviewed 27 April 2011

My husband and I had never been to Florida together and were convinced by friends on an Atlantis cruise to try Fort Lauderdale over Palm Springs. We found Pineapple Point by chance online. All the reviews we read were glowing, so we went ahead and booked for two weeks. To say that we were delighted with the place would be an understatement. Everything about Pineapple Point says class and comfort. The rooms and cottages are immaculate and beautifully appointed. The service beats anything we have ever experienced anywhere else. Phil, Lincoln and the amazing staff are extraordinary. These professional, attentive guys were delighted to assist with making our trip easier and more relaxing in every way, whether by helping with directions around the city, making dinner reservations (every recommendation was perfect) or planning an excursion to the Everglades. Attention to detail is their strong suit – everything from placing orchids on the deck chairs to bringing cold towels and popsicles to guests around the pool. We even had excellent massages from professional masseurs in the two comfortable rooms in site. The guests got to know each other through the nightly Happy Hour, where the staff served wine and cheese. We met many wonderful guys there and know we’ll be keeping in touch with them. Before we left, we booked ourselves back into this high-end oasis for another two weeks next year. This will be a super choice for a getaway.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Located in beautiful Victoria Park, this place is such an amazing oasis. Attentive staff, beautiful lush setting, secluded nooks, and VERY comfortable rooms/beds. This is truly a place to get away! Close enough to the beach & bars & Las Olas if desired, but I was perfectly content just relaxing here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Airmarc71
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Rooms were big and nicely appointed. Staff was very friendly. Grounds were nicely landscaped with great pools.

• Stayed April 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I have never been to Florida before so I was curious as to what I might find there and the kind of reception I might get as a lone English man who had just arrived from Las Vegas (and what I did there stays there of course).
So what a lovely surprise the Pineapple Point was. Never in my 57 years have I experienced such service as that provided by Phil and his colleagues at this oasis. Just about everything about my stay was excellent from the personal touches ie the personal delivery of Tetley teabags by Lincoln as I was pining for a cup of tea English style through to weather updates for the day ahead, including how the weather was doing at home.
I particularly enjoyed the Happy Hour in the evening and I liked the personal approach adopted by Phil's team during my stay. Since returning I have been telling my friends about this establishment and if you are reading this I can tell you that you will not at all regret going there.
I will be returning later in the year and I'm looking forward to that very much.

Room Tip: A room away from the pool area for total peace.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Orleans, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 April 2011

My partner and I spent a very long weekend at Pineapple Point and it was absolutely fabulous. The rooms were outstanding and equipped with tons of amenities. In addition, the ENTIRE staff was beyond wonderful and helpful. For those speakers of Spanish who might have some trouble in English, there are several Spanish-speaking staff members who are always available to help out with advice/dinner reservations, etc. The guests at the hotel are also super-friendly and fun to hang out with. The actually property in Victoria Park is beautiful.

Room Tip: Decide on the amount of space you need!
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed 14 April 2011

We were looking for a place to stay for one night prior to a cruise. We were so lucky to find this GEM! We were booked for a king room but they gave us a suite. Wow, what a great room. Everyone there was very nice and the service was perfect. The grounds are very nice and tropical. Clothing is optional so everyone is comfortable whether or not you are naked or clothed. They really go out of their way to try and service you every need, whether it be; ordering lunch for you, making dinner reservations, giving directions or advice on were to go. We have stayed at many 5 star places but their service beats those!! We are planning to go back for a week next year and can't wait.
If you haven't tried it, GO.

Room Tip: Suite #14 is great. Next to fitness room and spa
Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 12 April 2011

..which is why we come back every year for at least a long weekend. The entire place is very special from the lush landscaping to the nicely appointed accomodations to the superb service and pampering. A first-class experience for the gay traveller!

Room Tip: Every room is delightfully unique.