“The finest guesthouse we have ever said in -- ANYWHERE!”

Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The finest guesthouse we have ever said in -- ANYWHERE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We just completed our annual visit to Pineapple Point in mid-February, probably for the 14th consecutive year or so. Why do we keep coming back?

Simply put, it is the finest guesthouse or hotel we have stayed in anywhere. And if you look at my travel map, you'll see we have stayed in a LOT of places.

This guesthouse is superbly run by owners and staffs uniquely committed to creating a wonderful experience. It is a beautiful property, with stunning rooms and immaculately maintained grounds. The owners, Phil and Judd, and general manager Lincoln Pirkle, bend over backwards to create a great experience. The staff they have hired -- Jorge, Roberto, Clayton, Jahir, Jakob (to name a few) -- are absolutely top notch. They SPOIL you unbelievably.

This is not a cheap place -- in fact, it is one of the pricier places we stay. And we're not ones to spend lots on accommodations. But the place is so spectacular that we seldom leave it once we're in Fort Lauderdale -- we jokingly call it "Biosphere 3." It is an entire experience that is so worth it. We can't imagine February without a visit there.

Yes, we've already booked to return again next year. And we will again and again as long as it remains such a fabulous place. It's worth every penny -- and is a terrific place for us to observe our Valentine's Day each year (if a few days later!).

Go. It's totally worth it.

Room Tip: Get at least a deluxe king room, but the suites are worth it, and two couples going in together will...
1 Thank Douglas D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Merion Station .
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Most recently I returned from a nice cruise which embarked out of Port Everglades. As I usually do, I stayed at nearby Pineapple Point for a pre - and/or post cruise extention. Right before the trip my traveling companion bailed on me, so unexpetedly, I ended up going on the entire adventure alone. I wasn't concerned about the cruise portion so much, I always seem to do well meeting people on the ship, but I was a bit trepidatious about the hotel part, all by myself, to commence. Though let me tell you, the staff at Pineapple Point made me feel just as welcome, and involved, as always. They're still the tops for trips .

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are luxurious .
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I returned for another week to "Fantasy Island" and what a wonderful time! Not only are the grounds lush and beautiful but the rooms are impeccalbly done, clean and crisp yet very inviting. The service was five star and when I arrived, I was upgraded to the "cottage" accomodations, which was such a treat!
I highly recommend you put this destination at the top of your travel plans!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the "Cottage" - what a treat!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

My partner and I have enjoyed all of our visits to Pineapple Point over the past many years and find it an oasis in the middle of a hectic and fast paced world where one can kick back and totally relax!
We love the environment of Victoria Park where Phil and Judd have developed and created this beautiful paradise of tranquility with the most unique setting. With Palm trees and flora galore, you would think that you had been transported to a far away island retreat without ever leaving the good old USA.
Lastly, I would love to comment on the quality of the staff which is amazing in so many ways, in making you feel totally at home and happy in this beautiful resort. Compliments as always to them and especially to Lincoln who manages the day to day activities and keeps everything humming along.
Thank you again Pineapple Point for another wonderful time.
John and Richie, Cape Cod, Mass.

Room Tip: Every room is unique and beautiful!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I expected great things from the website and other reviews of Pineapple Point here on TripAdvisor, and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. Communication from Lincoln and the staff couldn't have been better - from the time of reservation up trough check in. They even made it a snap to arrive late - having keys, a welcome note, and map printed and secured, waiting for us at the gate. There were even snacks waiting for us in our room.

The rooms themselves were incredibly spacious. Our first night we were in a one-bedroom suite. Well, it's been a while since I was in a 'suite' that came with a full kitchen, living room, and breakfast nook. The one bedroom villa we moved to the next night was even bigger - entry foyer just off the lap pool, stairs up to a large living/dining area and kitchen, and then stairs up to a loft bedroom with doors opening onto a private terrace with hot tub.

The grounds were beautiful, and the pools and jacuzzis looked very inviting - if the weather had been better I'm sure we would have made full use of them. Very friendly staff and fellow guests. Can't wait to go back.

Provincetown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

If you want to stay at an immaculate, beautifully landscaped, big roomed, full service resort in Fort Lauderdale the Pineapple Point is the place for you. The staff is exemplary. The owners thoughtful without being intrusive. Cocktail hour is fun. Fellow guests amusing, interesting and outgoing. Reception is full of good ideas about dining (Valentinos! nice!). We had a thoroughly enjoyBle time and will be back! Thanks Phil and Judd!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Paxton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I thank my lucky gay stars for being introduced to Pineapple Point by my good friends George and Jerry. I walked through the front gate on a Friday evening and didn't really want to leave for two full days. You'd never know from the outside that Pineapple Point is such a gorgeous, peaceful, relaxing yet fun and stimulating oasis.

Every single staff member I encountered made me feel welcome, and even pampered, with a sincere concern for my comfort, needs and enjoyment. The other guests were great as well. Such a diverse group of people within the perfect gay getaway spot.

My room (#28) was near the lap pool and hot tub in a more secluded area of the property. You do hear other guests occasionally, but not in a disturbing way. There are definitely spots on the property that are perfect based on one's needs and preferences.

I've already booked my next stay, which will be in rooms #11 and 12 (bungalows) for my birthday in June. They have a great deal starting June 1 with a free night when you stay three nights (and this is at their very reasonable off-season rates).

You won't know until you visit just how wonderful this place is. Check it out!

Room Tip: If you can get to Pineapple Point prior to a planned stay, you should ask to tour the property and v...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo