“Outstanding!”

Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My partner and I stayed at Pineapple Point for 5 days last week and had an excellent experience. The service was outstanding from the moment we arrived and just improved over the week. Lincoln and his staff are wonderful as well as the owner, Phil who was always available to answer questions, provide directions and make sure that our stay was enjoyable. We met new friends, enjoyed the pool and had a relaxing week, which was even better than we had hoped it would be. We booked a return trip in December as we could not think of a more enjoyable way to spend the holiday season than with our new friends and the wonderful staff at Pineapple Point! We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The bungalows are wonderful and near the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2012

My partner and I just stayed at the Pineapple Point and we had a great experience. We go to Ft. Lauderdale frequently for a quick getaway and decided to try out this place. We have stayed at the Beach gay B&Bs before and the one's in Wilton Manors. This one is a little off the beaten path so we thought we would try it on this visit and we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very polite and professional. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the room clean. The room decor was tropical and updated. Although the room a/c until was a little noisy. Parking was not a problem either. The property is located in a quiet neighborhood just north of downtown. Very tropical and lush pool area to relax. Happy hour started promptly at 6pm with free wine and beer. I think they could have added a few more crackers and bread and more of a cheese selection. Breakfast was served in the morning on time. There was a wide assortment of breakfast foods to choose from and they kept refilling the breakfast plates and trays. They served right up to closing breakfast time and started on time too which was nice.
They even had the morning newspaper out on the coffee table and there was a nice area to enjoy your breakfast too. The staff was very helpful on restaurant selections and directions to the gay beach and bars. No gay "attitude" with the staff either which was refreshing. Also, very well dressed and approachable anytime during our staff. They wanted you to feel at home. Most of the guests were middle aged, professional, friendly, half couples and half singles. Very relaxed, low key environment. The guests were friendly but respected your privacy and space. You did not experience a "cruisey" environment as in some gay B&B places. A perfect getaway for a long weekend. The property is not too far from Wilton Manors where most of the gay bars and restaurants are located in Ft. Lauderdale. About 2 miles from the beach area where the other gay B&B are located and gay beach areas. I have stayed at a lot of gay B&Bs in Ft. Lauderdale and this one is now my favorite one. If you are looking for a laid back, quiet gay B&B that is clean, well kept property with a friendly professional staff where guests are polite this is the place for you. You won't be disappointment. I can see why they have alot of repeat guests now.

Room Tip: I liked the older Florida style rooms because they had more character and charm than the the new roo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Whatever0134678
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed again the first weekend of august with some friends, as always it was a wonderful weekend. We haved stayed at least a dozen times and as always perfection, we always joke and call it the gay 4 seasons. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure we are well cared for everytime we stay. Wouldnt stay anywhere else in ft lauderdale and we always look forward to coming back. Nick and Charlie , Saint petersburg florida

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed at Pineapple Point from July 11th - 19th (8 wonderful days). I cannot tell you have wonderfully I was treated as soon as I walked in the door. All the staff and owners are amazing. I have not one complaint at all and think that if you are traveling to Ft. Lauderdale YOU MUST STAY HERE!
It was exactly what I needed and I will definitely be back. Phil, Allen, Lincoln, Jahir, Roberto, Scott, and all the guys are amazing and take such good care of every person.
This is my second time to stay at Pineapple Point and I can tell you they treat you like royalty.
It is always so hard for me to leave... but I WILL BE BACK!
Thanks everyone at Pineapple Point you have a VERY SATISFIED customer.
Kyle Dearen

Room Tip: All the room as are amazing. I've gotten to see just about all of them and you will not be disap...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Pineapple Point is not just the best guest house in the World, it is one of the best Inns/Hotels -period. It is difficult to explain PP's unique soothing aura. Service always exceeds the highest standards. The only bad thing about PP is that one must eventually leave.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This piece of Paradise is just fantastic ... Service is fabulous, from personal greeting, clean room and surroundings to distribution of cold towel around the pool, everything was beyond all I expected. Phil and his staff really like to make their guest feel welcomed and pampered. I spent great relaxing days with them. Definitely wanna be back soon ...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2012

First of all, thanks to Phil, Linc, Roberto, Allen, etc. for making my second stay at the house wonderful and relaxing.
I stayed at the resort during the July 4th week and while it was quiet I enjoyed it as much as the first time last year. I was a bit concerned about staying at the bungalow given its central location at the resort. However, it was quiet at night and did not bother me at all although the room is a bit small for my yoga exercise and the small fridge is a bit noisy.
Everything was great except I went home with quite a few mosquito bites on both legs. Also, I would like to recommend the resort be equipped with beach umbrellas for guests to bring to the beach. I can survive the beach weather without the chair but not without an umbrella.
Once again I enjoyed staying at the resort and thanks again for the great service and setting. I will visit back soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo