“Above and Beyond Hospitality”

Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort
San Francisco, CA
“Above and Beyond Hospitality”
Reviewed 21 November 2009

I've never written a review on TripAdvisor although I often use it to help in travel decisions. The guys at Pineapple Point have changed this me because they deserve the recognition and all the business they can handle.

I have stayed at Pineapple Point about 3 times over the last 2 years and every time has been wonderful. A friend and I checked into one of the luxury villas with an attached room for what was supposed to be an extended weekend but turned into a 10 day stay.
The room was beautiful and spacious. It was decorated with a "tongue in cheek" homage to South Beach with bright colors and kitschy decorations (large umbrellas, etc.) It's almost like having your own condo with housekeeping and turndown service....what more do you need? Also, we took advantage of the onsite massages that were given in the "spa" area. I would highly recommend booking with Eric, if he's available.

Everything was going great...until I came down with the flu. We were supposed to check out on Monday, but I was running a 101 degree temp with chills and coughing. I called down to office to tell the guys what was happening, and they kicked into gear. They offered to move us to the 2 bedroom cottage that was darker so I could sleep, and even helped to move our luggage.

Once we were moved, Phil came by to check on me and arranged to have a doctor come to the hotel to check on me. Now tell me, would the Ritz Carlton do that? I don't think so.

The doctor showed up a few hours later, checked me out, gave me a few prescriptions and told me to get some rest but not to travel for a few days. While I was recuperating, Phil and the guys continued to check in on me and offered to bring by soup or anything I needed. They never made my friend and I feel like we were "quarantined" to our cottage.

I owe Phil, Judd, Lincoln, Cris and all the guys at Pineapple Point a huge "Thank You" for their help and hospitality. If you've ever gotten sick while away from home, you know how terrible it can be but these guys made it almost bearable.

When traveling to Ft Lauderdale, I will only stay at Pineapple Point. If you've never stayed there, give it a try. I promise you'll feel the same.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank GntlmenTrvlrs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Calgary AB
Reviewed 5 November 2009

As I was travelling on my own I wanted to treat myself a bit, and by all indications from the reviews this was the place to do it. And I was not disappointed!

The staff and owners were extremely friendly and Cris immediately made me feel welcome upon my arrival. I absolutely loved my room (#3, large king in a nice big room with a walk in closet) and even though the bathroom itself is tiny, I still thought it cozy and very useable. It's remarkable that everything at PP is done to make you feel at home, which I did within my first day there and I believe is the secret to their success, which of course includes their staff.

I will most definitely be returning at my first opportunity. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Canucklehead
London
Reviewed 16 October 2009

This was our sixth visit to Pineapple point and the staff were as brilliant as ever - extremely helpful, while at the same time very friendly and welcoming. The grounds are lush are constantly maintained and the rooms stylish and clean.

I can't praise this place highly enough and, providing the pound doesn't fall too much further against the dollar, I hope we'll be making our annual trip to PP for many years to come.

1 Thank carbonguilt
Dallas, TX USA
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Pineapple Point is pulled together in a way which sets a high standard for service and accommodation. Another way of saying this is that you get what you pay for. Pineapple Point can be a budget buster but is worth the expense if you are going to take advantage of what the property includes in your stay. Two swimming pools, two hot tubs, substantial continental breakfast, complimentary daily happy hour, free parking, wi-fi and nightly turndown service are the highlights. Little extras like sunscreen and mosquito repellent are also provided. (Regrettably you will really need the repellent if you stay in the summer months as the biters are persistent.)

Conversely, if you are just using this resort as a place to sleep whilst the rest of your time is at the beach and the bars, you are not really taking advantage of what Pineapple Point has to offer.

Special thanks to Lincoln, General Manager, for his professionalism, Brian for his friendliness and Roberto, well, you just ooze charm.

1 Thank LeBonRobert
Washington, DC
Reviewed 9 September 2009

This was my first trip and my boyfriend's second. Everything he raved about after his first visit was confirmed this trip when I stayed with him. The staff and the attention to detail are what sets this place apart from the countless other guesthouse options. The variety and quality of room selections is amazing and each room has less of a hotel and more of a guesthouse feeling. Thank you to Lincoln and your wonderful staff for a perfect Labor Day weekend. Bill & Javier.

1 Thank Javipepo
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I was back visiting FTL after moving away last year. I brought my new boyfriend with me. He was blown away by "Pineapple" as he now refers to it. The staff was great and very accomodating. The room rate special (pay for 2 get the 3rd free) made it a real bargain in our eyes. We are planning on a return.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank delrayguy
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 27 July 2009

As always, the staff makes the difference at the Pineapple Point. I was celebrating a birthday and they did everything possible to see that it was a special time. For example, when a small group of us were making the most of a rainy day around the pool, they offered to make a run to the liquor store so that our fun could continue. Good luck finding a place other than this that would do that for you! Chris, Lincoln et al. have such a great spirit about them that you end up spending your last day trying to figure out when you can get back to FLL!! Thanks again to the gang for a great long weekend and see you again soon.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple