“Relax and be pampered”
Review of La Casa Hotel

La Casa Hotel
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I come here almost annually to get away from the cold, snowy Northeast. It has a very relaxed, casual atmosphere perfect for a mid-winter getaway. Many guests return year after year. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are quickly cleaned and spotless. Enjoy a light breakfast each morning in the courtyard, read all day by the pool, and enjoy as Kevin brings you superbly made cocktails and nibbles daily at 5 PM. We look forward to returning every year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank verdantlane

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I found this great resort on the Internet and didn't know what to expect. Was I ever in for a treat! It is a wonderful gem. Small with a lot of repeat customers. Many are regulars who come to escape the cold. All friendly and interesting. Although I had never been there or to a similar resort, I was made to feel totally at ease. A great diverse group with couples, singles, all ages, and backgrounds. I will definitely be spending a part of my winters there in the future. Great memories of the guests (Kent, Scott, Howard, Brian, Paul, Derrick, Jim, Graham, and more) as well as the staff (Tony, Kevin). The accommodations were beautiful with a private courtyard and pool. The rooms in a horseshoe shape around them. Cocktails in the evening. For someone who loves home and has been a reluctant traveler, it was life changing. I feel like I met friends who I would love to see again and I now look forward to more vacations in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jim1735
Reviewed 24 January 2014

From the sound of the fountains and soft music, to the scent of flowers mixed with subtle incense, and the sight of beautiful flowers and plants cloistered inside a fence of palms this place invites you to relax from the first moment. The staff is kind and warm, the other guests are always interesting and fun. Breakfast is simple and quite good, and cocktails are at five...generally all is within the courtyard in the center of this boutique resort. The beach, shopping and restaurants are all only a short walk away.
I always enjoy my stays at The Flamingo, they regenerate me for what I must inevitably face outside the curtain of palms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick V
Reviewed 1 January 2014

From the speedy and welcoming check-in throughout my entire stay I thoroughly enjoyed the Flamingo Inn. The rooms are tastefully decorated and kept meticulous clean. The entire staff is extremely courteous, helpful and always ready to walk the extra mile to make the guests feel comfortable. The friendly crowd is mixed by all ages and nationalities. The daily (!) happy hours offer ample opportunity to mix and mingle.
The only setback was the unreliable internet connection, which would require some investment by the owners and should not be blamed on the management. Although they have two ISPs available the service was frequently down or so slow that sending season's greetings home was merely impossible.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AvidTravelerVillach
Flamingo H, General Manager at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you so much for your excellent review of the Flamingo. We try to make our guests feel relaxed and happy during their visit. We're glad you felt the same way while you were here.

We are sorry you had some issues with the internet connection during your stay, It happens rarely and we're trying our best to correct it from happening again.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Reservations: easily made via telephone.
Check-in: fast efficient and friendly.
Room: large with a king bed, tropical plantation furnishings in excellent condition. Top notch linens, towels, and bath products, flat screen TV, excellent air conditioning, and QUIET.
Internet: free with hotel room and quite fast and reliabe.
Parking: free with hotel room.
Location: excellent, close to the beach and easy driving to restaurants and shopping.
Check-out: friendly and warm.

Extra points: a nice buffet breakfast with bagels, muffins, and other bread and pastry products, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, orange juice, and coffee/tea. Included in room rate.

They also have a nice happy hour with light snacks, wine, and beer.

Room Tip: They are all quite nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tackle

Thank you very much for your very informative review. We may use it for our next advertisement, it was very nice of you. Please come back soon and have another visit.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I live in the Northeast but I love to spend some time in Ft Luderdale every winter. I have been staying at the Flamingo Resort for the past four years. For three years prior, I tired several of the other gay guesthouses in the North Beach area but I was not thrilled with them. Then I found the Flamingo! In 2011, I stayed for 4 days and fell in love with the place. In 2012, I stayed for 30 days. And now every year, I stay for 30 to 40 days in January and February. The Manager Tony, as well as Jim & Kevin and Jorge go out of their way to help every guest and make everyone feel welcome.The Flamingo is intimate and there are always other interesting guests from all over the world staying here. Because I have become a regular guest and remain for an extended stay, I get to choose my room every year.

The atmosphere is laid back and friendly and I have become friends with some of the guys who also come back every year. The rooms are clean, quiet and well-appointed, including a small fridge in the room. The sunny clothing-optional courtyard and the heated pool are beautifully maintained. Breakfast and the morning newspapers are included. I heartily recommend the Flamingo to any gay guys, of any age, who want a congenial, laid-back and beautiful place to call home when visiting Ft Lauderdale.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the courtyard. If you have difficulty walking, ask for a room on the first floor...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kent D

Thank you for your great review of the Flamingo, It's always a pleasure to see you and we're happy you have chosen our hotel year after year for your escape from the winter weather in the northeast. We are looking forward to the next time you visit us.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was our 6th or 7th trip to Flamingo. Nothing ever changes, it is always wonderful. Jim greeted us upon check in, and upgraded us to a larger room. He couldn't have been more gracious. Kevin was our "Happy Hour expert"...always delightful to talk to, and the BEST cocktails. And thank you Tony for arranging our reservations & seeing us off...we will see you all soon!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Edgewood1971
Flamingo H, Front Office Manager at La Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

We loved reading your REVIEW of the Flamingo, you know because you have stayed with us so many times, that we try to make each guest feel welcome and relaxed during their stay. We're happy you had another wonderful experience. Please come back soon.