“Very Nice!”

The Grand Resort and Spa
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My partner and I have stayed at the Grand Resort twice and intend on continuing to stay there when we are vacationing in Ft Lauderdale.
We stay in the back area (the section off from the pool) where it is a little more quiet. The staff is extremely professional and very friendly. The outdoor area is very well maintained and clean. The location is nice as you can walk to the beach (only a couple blocks away), drive over to the Galleria (10 min drive) or drive to Wilton Manors (no more than 15 min).
We look forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Just returned from my sixth visit to the Grand and, as usual, it was great. The resort is neat and clean--the staff are friendly and helpful. Each time I go, there seem to be little enhancements--they're always trying to make it better.
I can't wait to go back and can't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Forest Park, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Two friends and I recently spent a long weekend at The Grand Resort. This place is beautiful, clean, and in a great location. The staff are friendly and professional and consistently go the extra mile to take care of the guests. I've never seen such attention to detail.

I've stayed at many gay guest houses around the U.S. and a few overseas. This is the best of the best.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Tysons Corner, Virginia
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I'm beginning to lose count of the number of times I've stayed at The Grand Resort and Spa. Put simply, when I am visiting South Florida, there is simply NO other place to stay. The Grand is just that, in every category that makes a difference: from the quiet elegance and tropical beauty you can spot virtually anywhere on the grounds, to its well-appointed rooms, the friendly and professional staff and ownership, to its proximity to the beach just a short walk away. Weekend happy hours, sleepy Sunday morning mimosas by the cool, hanging out in the hot tub under the stars...I've had so many awesome visits, I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 20 May 2012

While there are many choices in Lauderdale, if you are looking for a relaxing and comfortable place, then the choice is the Grand Resort. This isn't a place for maybe the "frat" guys though I am sure they might enjoy it. I would say this is more for couples and the over 30 crowd. The rooms are very nice, the pool is clean, and the staff is great. My only suggestion for the resort is to boost the WiFi if possible since the signal could tend to be weak....but there was still internet and this is my one point I could find to improve upon at the facility. Everything else was great and I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: If you are planning on going in and out of the swimming pool often, then would stay in that area...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2012

The greatest thing about the Grand Resort and Spa is the consistency. Every time I go, things are perfect. The employees are all very courteous and professional. The rooms are impeccably clean and very well decorated. Each time I find something new that shows they really think about the guest. This time, I noticed a new bedside clock. Doesn't seem like a big deal but when I went to plug in my cell phone charger, I noticed a USB port on the back of the clock so I didn't need to unplug anything to charge my phone. I just plugged the USB charging cable into the clock! I also noticed new upgraded room toiletries. I can't say enough great things about the Grand, just go and see for yourself!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Grand and we had an amazing time. From the moment we got there the staff was more than accommodating and really made the entire experience that much more enjoyable. The property is beautiful, the weekend happy hour is a great way to meet other guests, loved that it was so close to Sebastian Beach and getting to the bars was very easy as well. Overall an amazing experience and will definitely stay there again next time I visit Ft. Lauderdale. A very special shout out to Herb. He went above and beyond and really helped us out when we had issues with our flights. Thanks so much for everything and can't wait to be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple