“A First Class Experience”

The Grand Resort and Spa
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The Grand provides an atmosphere of sophistication and freedom to enjoy the array of amenities provided by a first-rate, friendly and unobtrusively helpful staff. My partner and I are especially grateful to Enrique who provided good advice about Fort Lauderdale attractions and intervened throughout the visit to insure all was going well. The rooms, pool, outdoor jacuzzi and breakfast room are meticulously maintained. While Fort Lauderdale's beaches are great with great dining near-by, I could happily have stayed "enclosed" in the resort. I would always look forward to returning after venturing outside. The owner was present at "happy hours" to pour drinks or take your plates--a sign of high standards of hospitality that's rare. I would only come back to the Grand when I return to Fort Lauderdale. No need to go anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JSJM2013
There are newer reviews for The Grand Resort and Spa

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I spent two nights at the Grand Resort and Spa in mid-November and highly recommend it. The staff was unbelievable, from offering to call taxis, to giving good restaurant recommendations and generally keeping the grounds and facilities spotless. I needed a little flexibility at check-out and, when I asked if I could check out an hour later, the manager said, "only one hour? would you like more time?" The staff gets 5 stars.

About the hotel and grounds, you really won't find better. The pool area and hot tub courtyard are meticulously clean and well maintained. The hotel was having new furniture delivered while I was there (new mattresses, new chairs, etc.), which is an indicator of how much care they give to the guest experience. I will have to try the spa at my next visit.

I stayed in an upstairs suite overlooking the hot tub courtyard. It was quiet and relaxing. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 40, upstairs at the far end of the hot tub courtyard. Quiet, spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just returned from an 8 night stay at the grand, having stayed at a few of the other gay hotels in the area, I have to say this is by far the best. The staff are very professional and helpful, the room spotless and large. (we had the two bedroom penthouse) I also like the fact that the pool is NOT clothing optional. There is a clothing optional area if that is your thing. I will definitely return to the Grand.
There was one problem, the pool area is lovely but the pool was VERY cold, this is meant to be a heated pool, I am a bit of a pool person and love to spend hours in a heated pool, the pool didn't feel like it was heated. In the 8 days we were there no one stayed in the pool more than 10 minutes due to the temperature. This really does need to be addressed.
One other slight problem was the website stated on the details for the room "Your Great Room opens to an outdoor living room on your private sun deck" the deck is very nice but not very "private" At least twice a day other guests would "stray" onto the deck and look into the room and generally have a nose about. There should be a sign or gate or something if this was to be a truly "private" deck as stated in the room description.
I so much wanted to give the Grand five stars but will have to settle for 4 due to the pool temperature. However it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We recently stayed at the Grand Resort and Spa for four nights in one of the penthouse suites overlooking the gardens. We had a terrific time and wanted to especially comment on the service. The staff there make you feel at home - especially the owner! I even left my sweatshirt on the bed and realized it when I got to the airport. I called, and I received it in the mail in Canada a week later. Also had two massages while there at the beautiful spa. We'll be going back, for sure!

Room Tip: Go for the penthouse room with private balcony!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This resort truly surpassed our expectations...from check-in to check-out! Upon arrival, the attendant at the front desk gave us a tour of the entire grounds and pointed out all amenities that would make our stay enjoyable. The rooms were very clean with many modern touches, a nice tv, beautiful shower, and music playing upon arrival, making it feel like a home apartment rather than just another hotel room. The grounds are beautiful with many tropical trees and a beautiful assortment of orchids growing from the palm trees. The main pool at the front of the grounds is very nice and open 24 hours. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and available at all times, day or night. They offered coupons to several restaurants, made calls to cabs, and helped with the many questions we had regarding places to go around the city. The resort had beach chairs to use and offered towels to take to the beach daily. The spa and services are very affordable and add a relaxing touch that every vacation needs. The morning continental breakfast and evening happy hour drinks and appetizers were wonderful and gave us the opportunity to meet others at the resort. The Grand Resort and Spa will forever be our resort of choice when staying in Ft. Lauderdale!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shaunti79
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My friends and I (from Melbourne, Australia) thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay at the resort. Staff were warm and very friendly -we just arrived from NYC so that was very noticeable. Our rooms were very clean and quiet, breakfast was great, pool was clean and the resort is surrounded by trees. It is located about 10 minutes walk from San Sebastian gay beach. After all our traveling (London, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City & NYC in 3 weeks), Grand was the perfect place for us to unwind and relax before our long journey home. I will definitely recommend this resort to friends. A special shout out to Hugh & Bill for their hospitality.Thank you again for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I returned to the Grand Resort after many long years and it's better than ever. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the place is immaculate, and the rooms are sparkling clean. The staff seem to work round the clock to keep the place in tip-top shape. My vacation is extremely relaxing because I stayed at the Grand and I can't wait to return. Don't hesitate to book your next stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo