“Good Location”

Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Leyland, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We arrived and parked right outside the hotel. Our deluxe king size room was not deluxe. It is definitely due for a re-vamp. The queen sized bed was comfy and en-suite adequate. The air conditioning unit was noisy. But the location was great. Near to the beach and beachfront bars / restaurants. The Water Taxi is only a short walk away which I highly recommend. Nice to see how the other half live.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The Seville is a budget-conscious traveler’s best friend in the oftentimes pricey arena of Fort Lauderdale hotels near the beach. I got a spacious, clean room a block and a half from the beach during the middle of the week for a lot less than what other nearby hotels wanted. What won me over was the free parking the Seville offers guests (both in front of the building and down one of its alleyways). While the building is definitely showing its age in some respects, the overall experience won me over.

My check-in at The Seville was a bit unconventional. When I arrived around 4pm, the main office at the front of the building was closed, and there was a sheet taped to the door with my name on it saying something to the effect of, “use the phone by the door.” Sure enough, there was a phone inside a big plastic box outside the main entrance, so I called the phone number on the paper. Dave the manager answered, told me how to get my room key and parking pass, told me I could use my parking pass to park in front or down the ally of the building, and that was about it.

Walking up the exterior stairs to my room, I wasn’t getting a good impression. There was a cigarette butt on the Astroturf material covering the stairs, and the lock and doorknob on the room’s exterior door looked like it had seen better days. Walking into my room though, I quickly became impressed though.

Hence, if you get a choice, I definitely recommend Room 109. The one main room was very large, the bed was large, clean, and nicely decorated, and there was extra furniture to lounge on. The room also featured big windows, and the windows in the northeast corner of the room look down the street and out over part of the ocean (you can’t directly see the beach from the room). One annoyance I had was that one of the window shades was broken, so I had to mess around with that when I bothered to open and shut that set of window blinds. Also, the one trash can in the entire room was very small; at checkout I suggested to the on-duty manager they get an extra or bigger trash can, and they seemed to appreciate the suggestion.

The bathroom was clean too. I especially liked the shower, because there was plenty of room in there, it was nice and clean, and the showerhead seemed fairly new and in good shape. The only annoyance was one of the floor tiles in the bathroom was loose.

The Seville may be a bit rough around the edges, but it’s clean and comfortable, and offers a very good value. If I’m ever in Fort Lauderdale again, I’d be more than happy to check into The Seville again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank CTS2003
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Price was low and you could crawl to the beach. Other than that it is hard to praise the place but it was satisfactory. Old and rundown but the rooms were clean. Manager seemed befuddled when showing us the room. He disappeared for the next couple of days after leaving a note on the door. but one of his apartment tenants was nice enough to print our boarding passes on her own computer so no harm/no foul. The very nearby Casablanca was the best restaurant/bar in the area and home to a great show of unique people. It seemed the only one in the area that actual adults visited. I would definitely consider staying again in the unlikely event that we ever return to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Albuquerque_NMGeezer

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Some might call this hotel “old” or “needs updating”; however, I call it charming. Sure it doesn’t have the pristine qualities of a brand new hotel; however, you simply cannot beat the price for a property located within walking distance of the beach and other activities. We stayed here one night (before our cruise – it is only a brief taxi ride from the pier) and the cost was a little over $100. Most other places wanted 2 or 3 times that much (and many wouldn’t even consider only one night). The room was certainly adequate for our needs, the neighborhood was perfectly safe, and the owner was very friendly. I’d definitely stay here again if I need an overnight stop for a cruise.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nathan H
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Photos of the rooms on the website are very misleading compared to what we experienced. When we arrived our room had not been cleaned, there were no sheets on the bed, the celing was leaking, there were overturned garbage cans, the entire room looked grimy, and the bathroom was disgusting to say the least. It honestly looked like a dirty hostel. The doors to the rooms open to the outside and don't have deadbolts or chains.

We brought it to the attention of the manager, who rudely blamed it on the housekeeper, saying that he thought the room had been cleaned hours earlier. He also had been aware of the leaking ceiling, but said he thought it had stopped. He then dragged us around the back of the motel with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth to confront the housekeeper, and told her to clean another room for us that hadn't been done yet either.

After leaving for a short time to allow the housekeeper to clean the new room (which didn't look much better than the first), we returned to find the manager had left for the day, and no motel staff would be there until the next day. We had decided we were not comfortable staying there because of the condition of the room and the lack of security, but had no way of speaking to any employee directly. There was a sign on the door to call an emergency extension to speak to the staff after hours (it was 5:30pm) from a cord phone in a plastic box attached to the side of the building a foot off the ground. When we finally got a hold of someone on a staticky connection, the "emergency number" connected directly to the manager's cell phone. He was completely unwilling to help us, saying that he "had gone home for the day" and that our issues could be dealt with in the morning. When we told him we did not want to stay even one night and wanted a refund for the following nights as we had prepaid for the full stay, he said that we were "zeroed out" on our balance and that a refund would not be possible. We were told to drop our room key in a mailbox next to the front door, which anyone walking down the street had access to at any point until the next morning.

We were really hopeful that this would be a good place to stay because of the great location and relatively low price, but were horribly disappointed to say the least.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank springbreaker5
Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed at the Seville coming off a cruise ship at Fort Lauderdale, flying back home the next day.

Price - was one of the factors that led us to the Seville, about US$ 110 plus all the taxes.

Location - the other factor which led us there. It is closer to restaurants (breakfast) than "The Shell", the other motel by the same owner in the same general area.

Reservations were handled quite smoothly, in person.

Check-In - we arrived early (right off a cruise ship) and stored our luggage in the office until the room was made up.

The room - reasonable size, very sparsely decorated, quite old. Air conditioner was the usual "window shaker" which makes you want to turn it off and open a window (and then get noise from outside).

Kitchenette - has sink, microwave, bar fridge.

Sleep Quality - Bed was OK but there was noise from outside.

Cleanliness - room and bathroom were cleaned adequately, no bugs.

Bathroom - pretty old. Shower, no bath tub. Arguably everything worked.

Internet - WiFi worked well.

Fridge - a bar fridge which was all we needed
Microwave (although old) was a nice touch
TV was a little funky, limited channel selection

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank energizer090
Jasonville, Indiana
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Us with four other friends stayed 2 nights here before a cruise last week. The motel is within walking distance to all the popular Central Beach locations yet it feels private. This place is not the Ritz and is dated but our room was clean and the service we received was outstanding!!! We received better service here than we have at many so-called 4/5 star resorts! If you need a place with all the "bells and whistles" then stay someplace else, but if you are happy with the basics then give this place a try!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends