“Not what I expected”

Granada Inn
Oxfordshire
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 16 January 2007

I stayed for three nights in the Granada. I was not thrilled. The whole place has had a make over, however there was a big lack of eye to the detail. Wrotting bathroom cabinets and a very old kitchenette (and not the cleanest either) did not suit the price of 165 $.

I did not find the owner or the manager very helpful or polite. Also, if you do not like dogs you might find it difficult to stay in the Granada Inn, as there is one walking round the place.

The noise level did not make me more comfortable either. Dog barking and the owners leaving each morning at eight in the morning is not the way I would like to be woken on my hols.

• Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Oxf_Travelmouse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
PA
Reviewed 24 August 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Granada Inn in late July. It is a 2-story building located on Granada St. behind the Sheraton Yankee Trader Hotel. We did not want to stay in a big hotel with a bunch of guests, so we searched for a smaller place (with a smaller price tag). The Granada Inn was a perfect fit.

They have about 11 rooms and we paid $90/night for a queen bed room with a kitchenette. The decor was nice and the place was CLEAN. The kitchen appliances are somewhat dated, but we weren't looking to become gourmet chefs. My wife thought the kitchen was "so cute". I just wanted it to be practical, and it was.

The Granada Inn has parking and a pool. A free continental breakfast is available poolside every morning. Muffins, coffee, juice, cereal, bagels... that kind of thing. Definitely sufficient for what we wanted.

One of the more unique things were the owners, John and Kira. They are very laid back people who genuinely care to make your stay enjoyable. They made it so easy for us to relax, and John was available to answer our questions, offer advice, and take care of any problems.

One thing I don't want to overlook is the GREAT LOCATION! It took 2 minutes to walk one block down to the beach, and 2 minutes to walk to the Seville Street Water Bus stop (stop #4). Although we had a rental car, it's not necessary if you're comfortable just using the Water Bus for everything.

The biggest con with the Granada Inn was the AC unit in our room. It was not super powerful and was not able to create that icebox feeling that I love. But it was still able to make the room comfortably cool, and I was never too warm or hot at bedtime. The only other "problem" was that we did not have a iron and ironing board in our room (I imagine none of the rooms do). We asked John if he had one for us to borrow, and he was back to our room within minutes with it.

Overall, my wife and I were extremely pleased with the Granada Inn. In fact, even though we make it a rule to try different places, we will probably be staying at the Granada Inn the next time we travel to Ft. Lauderdale.

The Granada Inn website is ----------- and John & Kira are very responsive to email (always within a day, and sometimes within an hour). They are also very easy to talk to on the phone.

41 Thank campusk