The Aqua Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
W Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Beachfront
Beach Gardens(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Birch Patio Motel(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Tropi Rock Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Napoli Belmar Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
1,070 results
All reviewsmaggie martinovillage cafeboutique hotelmid centurygreat boutiqueone bedroom apartmenttwo blockssmall hotelbeach chairshome away from homeking suiteroom was spotlessthe hotel managerstayed longerliving roomfull kitchenthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This hotel is awesome! 1 block from beach and walking distance to restaurants and shopping. I stayed in room 1301 and it was huge and very new and clean. Modern decor is clean and fresh. Large bedroom and large shower. The private balcony was huge with 4 chaise lounges and 2 tables. The best part of everything was the service and staff. Maggie/manager is very friendly and helpful - she truly enjoys her job and is always smiling. I have never met anyone so sincere in this type of business. Luci/office staff was very helpful and friendly. My phone was stolen on the second day I was in Ft. Lauderdale and she let me use her personal phone to make several calls to phone company and family. She also got online and looked up address to nearest phone company and called taxi to pick me up. What a staff and hotel!!!! When I return to Ft. Lauderdale i will stay no where but the Aqua and I have passed the word to all my friends and family. The Aqua was the best part of my trip. Many thanks to Maggie and Luci.

Room Tip: room 1301 is great and large.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank bhamgirl100
Info1000, Owner at The Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

bhamgirl100,
We would like to extend many thanks to you! Your review was so kind, thanks very much. All of our Guest Service Managers, ilike Lucie and Maggie, are great at turning a bad situation into something more positive, just like you mentioned with your phone. Thanks so much for staying with us and we are already looking forward to your next trip!

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Stayed here a few days ago and truly liked it as it is just a few meters away from the great Fort Lauderdale beach! The room is spacious, clean and the beds are comfy. Walk-in shower; so no need to climb into the bath first. my kind of shower! WIFI is free, though a bit slow. No charge for parking. Reception staff (Maggie) is lovely. She is more than willing to assist you whenever she can.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Duckles

Duckles,
We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Aqua. The rooms have elegant decor but are also very comfortable. Who says you can't have style, comfort and convenience all at the same time? Thanks so much for your review, we always love to hear from our guests!

Reviewed 18 November 2012

The pristine room is decorated in white, aqua, and gray and features a big-screen TV, aqua glass bowl sink, fridge and microwave, and lightweight bathrobes. Maggie, the front desk staffer, was gracious and welcoming. A quick walk and you're at spacious Fort Lauderdale beach and many restaurants. It is a great alternative to the chain hotels near the airport if you are flying out of FLL and the drive to the airport was only 20 minutes. A few very minor items--I couldn't figure out the shampoo dispenser in the shower, there were no plastic cups for the bathroom, and the room didn't have any guest info about TV channels and nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank equinoxWashDc
Reviewed 17 November 2012

If you are looking for a quiet, intimate, high-style hotel just steps from Fort Lauderdale’s sandy beach with easy off-street parking right near the beach, you will find your home-away-from-home at The Aqua, one of Fort Lauderdale’s newest boutique hotels.

Tucked away on quiet Windamar Street right off FL A1A, 20 minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport, The Aqua is recently renovated in fresh white with aqua accents, with an Art Deco look to rival Miami. In the center of the action of North Fort Lauderdale’s gorgeous public beach, The Aqua is one of a cluster of small boutique hotels that comprise North Beach Village, an area undergoing revitalization in North Fort Lauderdale, adjacent to Bonnet House Museum and Garden,.

I stayed in one-bedroom unit 1207 with large living area, large screen TV, spacious bedroom, hip bathroom, balcony and nicely appointed kitchen. The white interior, gray stone floor tiles, with aqua accents is cool and refreshing, with fun retro and surfer beach art on the walls. Soft cotton robes and large bath sheets are provided for pool towels. I indulged in a birthday massage in the small Spa just steps from my room and enjoyed an early morning pre-sunrise dip in one of the two pools that are open 24 hours. Intimate seating areas in the grassy courtyard invite a late evening glass of wine, stargazing and quiet reading nooks.

If you want a change from large impersonal hotels (The Aqua is near several 5 star major hotels such as The Ritz, The Westin and Hilton, and a lively night scene) yet desire great personal service, spa treatments and a relaxed high-style atmosphere, look no further than The Aqua.

The only thing that could have improved my stay would be down pillows and more accessible electrical outlets in the bedroom to charge my devices. The bathroom would be a bit small for a family and could use towel hooks. I will be back to enjoy the beach and fabulous fresh seafood restaurants around the corner in North Beach Village.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank LaurieNortonMoffatt
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I also stayed due to Trip Advisor as well as a recommendation from a friend. This is a brand new property just 1.5 blocks from the ocean. The manager (Maggie) was very friendly and came out to the parking area to greet me. I would give it a 5 star, but the room I had (studio) was very small. The other rooms appeared to be much more spacious. I did not try the pool, but the location is terrific. I would stay here again in a larger room.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo