We stayed at the Aqua Hotel in mid march for 2 nights just after a cruise. Hotel is a renovated 1950s property located just a few blocks from the beach. Staff was friendly and accommodating.
Booked a one bedroom suite which featured a kitchenette with a fridge/freezer, stove and sink as well as cutlery and dishes. Travelling with 2 young (5 and 7) kids, this was very handy. Photographs on the website are exactly what you get unlike some places which look great online but not so much when you get there. This place is lovely! Very tidy, clean and spacious and I liked it. Kim and Destiny were so nice and helpful.
Here's a few notes:
1. The property is a walk-up so that if you are on the 2nd floor like we were, you'll have to carry your luggage up the stairs. While this suited us just fine, don't expect a staff to bring your luggage up for you like at a larger property.
2. Our taxi driver had no idea where this place was located even when I gave him the address. I told him it was near to the Hilton Beach Resort and at least he could get us to the general location. Thank goodness for the gps on an iphone.
3. Aqua staff are not onsite until 7 am or 8 am on Sunday. Since our cruise came in early, I was hoping to store our luggage there for the morning while we did some sightseeing. Since they weren't open, I had to bring our luggage to one of their sister properties about 3 blocks away. We had to carry it there ourselves and retrieve it ourselves. Again, just fine with us, but just letting you know. That said, the staff at the Palms were very, very nice and wouldn't even accept a gratuity!
4. Little issue with poor design in the bathroom makes the shower leak out onto the floor. My husband didn't care but I found it annoying.
5. Wifi worked fine for me and was free.
6. Pool was nice and clean and not too deep. Kids liked it.
7. Good hotel for families but down the street from the rowdy (and ugly) Tropic Cay which was filled with drunk and often obnoxious spring breakers. I guess to be expected in mid-march.
8. Location was convenient to the beach, the sun trolley and some touristy shops.
9. Not a full service hotel but more like renting an apartment or small villa.
Again, cute place and we would stay again. Very casual, laid back, super friendly, clean and nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Why are AQUA’s reviews so excellent? Is it that North Beach Village’s boutique hotels are located in an extraordinary area of Fort Lauderdale beach that’s perfect for kids and fun-loving adults? Or is it that AQUA’s concierge-like services ensure happiness? Could it be our sandy beaches a few minutes’ walk away or how our heated pools induce laughter? Maybe it’s our incredibly reasonable rates for modernized suites with flat-screens, kitchens and Wi-Fi included? Yes – families revisit us for these details and many more! From golden beaches and turquoise waters to the winding Intracoastal Waterways – AQUA’s at the heart of a lush barrier island. Our tropical ambiance and 322 days of Caribbean sunshine also adds to AQUA’s success – plus we’re minutes from Fort Lauderdale’s world-class airport, cruises, shops, nightlife, entertainment and restaurants. Imagine – rejuvenating family beach picnics, water taxi rides to chic Las Olas or thrilling watersport adventures!AQUA’s 39 spacious rooms – studios, suites and penthouses – have a refreshing, beachy décor. We never charge resort fees, or for coffee or beach views. Recharge your inner holiday and book AQUA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Aqua Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angela`s Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Angelas Beach Hotel
- Hotel Angelas Beach